Small project Home Gym

Fahcough

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It started off in 1 corner of the house, collecting a few weights. Filled a room..filled 2 rooms..had to buy a shop. Need a bigger shop. It's been a constant changing project, trial & error (lots of errors), replacing - swapping out gear/brands, upgrading braces and bolts from sessions going heavier and more intense.

The beginning
OuDiyxx.jpg

Thai bag gets most attention. (hours of choking on spray paint)
9qVBVJ0.jpg

Wrecking ball for music vids. Home made kick pads
VJtF0T4.jpg

Cleaner weight rack and busted/retired/uncomfortable gloves
zOb6eFs.jpg

Wall of clutter
U9qNAVy.jpg

Last edited:
And it poured into the yard
MYZUQcx.jpg

Core workouts and outside bag area
caG2kfn.jpg

Silva and GSP having a meal in the yard
nTnaxtL.jpg

Last edited:
what kind of (blue) chair is that on the right ? some ab workout thing?

It is that, the Ab Lounger. One of those gimmick infomercial things you buy. Haven't used it in years, took up more room than actually serving a purpose now it just holds exercise ball.

why do you have a toilet roll on a chain on your wall of clutter?

Nice gym though.

why do you have a toilet roll on a chain on your wall of clutter?

Nice gym though.

When you gotta go...

lol it's for blowing my nose. There's no air condition in there, and it's 100 degrees with extreme humidity here during summer. Rather toss the tissue instead of shooting rockets on the floor.

Update: More of RIP
I started adding a slam wall.... then we flooded. Took 4 ft of water and destroyed some years of sweat. Have to tear everything down to build a house where it stands.

XEjk3iw.jpg

W6cbtC9.jpg

Last edited:
The 125lb bag weighed over 200. I had to drag it out to my truck so it could dry.
And took what I could to save my sanity and set up at parents house while rebuilding.

dYimz11.jpg

Last edited:
We had two feet of water in our basement and I thought that was bad...

Good luck and I hope insurance covers everything!

Graveyard digging. Time flies when you engineer your own project and no one wants it to happen. 2+ years and countless headaches later. "Home gym" happened. Still cluttered AF moving stuff around and trying to find the most floor space. After moving what was salvaged to storage, then back out, sanitizing and trying to scrub rust, decided the stains are staying on iron for the memories.

Trying to keep weights / cardio / bags in areas so don't have to move it to use it.
GfaBPCo.jpg

Crammed in corner , still functions
7bXSbr7.jpg

Concept kicks my ass, and ignore the WMMA replays
vEcKrJv.jpg

Back to training the UFC! Kettle bell is a temp anchor until bag comes in
TzMuOOC.jpg

Last edited:
That's a pretty swank ass home gym man

<mma4>

do you hold fitness classes out of there or something @Fahcough ? awesome home gym either way

Not against it, but not for money purpose. Co worker used to bring son over to teach self defense. It's just a collective hobby that kept growing.

Very nice, lots of fun and hard work.

Also I see a TV and sound system fantastic you can do so much watching tutorials and/or listen to music and train.

Maybe a suggestion hook up a camera system and live stream to Youtube or make recordings or make group activities and demos.

Anyway, great job bro!

Very nice, lots of fun and hard work.

Also I see a TV and sound system fantastic you can do so much watching tutorials and/or listen to music and train.!

Thank ya much. I had/tried P90 and hated it, entirely too slow. Then picked up Insanity to purposely mix it up and get away from weight training 6 days without stretching.

Sound system was another animal throughout the house. (2) V681 receivers with every room zoned. I rarely use the Peavy speakers, they are so damn loud with 3 of them behind that mix amp. The main 7.1 is plenty enough sound lol

Son is 14 and I'm hoping in the next years he'll get the bug and want to start. Not gonna force my interest on him.

Great gym sir. Scrolling down the progression was like a mini emotional rollercoaster.

Great gym sir. Scrolling down the progression was like a mini emotional rollercoaster.

It was a journey through hell for sure. Dealing with the permits of a custom built project and convincing the bank to give green light. Lots of lost sleep. But she's operational and worth it!

Back