Economy Small Colleges Losing Viability

+ imho there are diffrrent things where you might IMHO taste yourself like freecodecamp, even some stuff online from reputable unis and for free...
Taste yourself for free and get reality; is this interesting for you or no.

I hate Agile and a lot of modern mainstream buzzwords etc...+ if we need programmer, I didn't had cared does he have degree or no.
I even hate to do techincal "s".
I usually had asked some situation questions like in friendly manner and then provided one problem and maybe 2-3 solution versions...
Then I expected that candidate will ask additional questions to precise task (!) and provide solution he is thinking that will be the best in this case and will be able to explain why.
Then some other stuff.
Because if you are DB dev it will matter here; with small website and small DB it will be not so important what kind of so he will use.
While if DB will be large...then pharse " math is bullshit and all stuff taught in unis and colleges is shit "....will be...Vuala pleasure....

+ for normal programmer it will suck if he will not be able to deal with at least unit tests + to install soft on servers, configure this and so on further....
Not alone to deal with documentation etc.

Usually in large company and team is easier to get narrow tasks and initially it might be easier to start career.

Small companies while might be more lenient when will filter by CV....
In some might happen that they will not have QA guys and maybe even seperate Sys Admin / Dev Op.
Like 2-3-4-5-6-7 ppl in company, that's all.

Some companies are working like...large factories...
With narrow field of tech stack and tasks to be done for one emplyee.
This too does have pros and cons ofc.
Pros: it this narrow sub field and(!) tech stack you had used will be in high demand after 3 -4 years ...and later.
Cons: if no, then welcome to small hell in job market.

But, when, to for thou has done twice more over in Iberia with sticks whose party is wild??

I would love to see expensive colleges shut down and tertiary education transition more to online, self-paced programs.

I kind of wish I'd gone to a small college somewhere... Perhaps in the midwest or something. I think it would have been fun. I went to a large university in the middle of a major metro area. I was in the greek system, so it's not like I didn't know people... but being on a campus that big, you just feel lost in a crowd.

Even community college is becoming expensive these days. But since undergrad is a new version of high school, it's not surprising that big state schools are (relatively) outdoing everybody else in terms of enrollment. I do not need to go to a small college if I'm going through a diploma mill where everybody gets As and nobody learns anything because actually challenging students intellectually is "problematic."

How many of you that are crying college is a scam, actually went and graduated college?
You're basically paying to sit in a room while they read you some material that you can access yourself online for free. Then you come home and put in whatever legwork is require to memorize the material on your own. Then after 4 years of doing this, they give you a piece of paper.

Determining what is a "waste of time", the great human conundrum!

College does zero for that. It is just a prolonged IQ test to see what your reading comprehension is like.

Not even.

You know those "bird" English, anthro, soc and psych elective courses that only require you to memorize what's in the textbook without any worldly or practical application, in order to pass?

As a student I made a killing charging immigrant students, jocks and autistic science majors 15 bucks a page to write their essays. I could have made so much more. Cheating is endemic.

Last edited:
Good. People shouldn't be getting loans for 100k that allows them to get a 40k a year job. That's stupid. Let them all go bankrupt.

In fact, outlaw student loans. Completely.

Back