Slow DL and Squat gains

DeadSexyBeasteh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When does the plateau usually kick in with these 2 exercises?

Last edited:
Literally the worst opening post to a thread ever.

Even a thread as bad as this.

Well, based on all the extensive information given, do the lifts better, and train smarter.

What info is required kind sir?

For starters:

Age, weight, physical condition, how long you have been training, what training approach you are using, what you have used in the past, what has worked, what hasn't worked, what other sports you do, how you approach rest and recovery (including sleep), how much work you have done on your technique and any form issues you think you may have, approach to nutrition.

What info is required kind sir?

Height
Weight
Program (Current)
Duration of current program
Program (Previous, if any)
Current best lifts, 1RM or otherwise
Other physical activities (Do you box? Run?)
Squat variant (HB? LB? Wide? Narrow? Quarter? Zercher?) Better if you have vids
DL variant (Sumo? Conventional?) Better if you have vids
Are you following a particular diet?
How many hours of sleep do you get?
Credit Card Number
Credit Card verification number
Birthday
Mother's Maiden Name
Social Security Number

Please fill in these items

^^^rofl

But on a serious note, when you get to teh 275.

On a more serious note as long as your training reflects the adaptations your body needs you shouldn't worry about hittin any plateaus. Diminishing returns , now that is a sunofabitch

Last edited:
Three years, five months, fourteen days, six hours, twelve minutes, and 43.5 seconds after you first set eyes on a barbell.

Three years, five months, fourteen days, six hours, twelve minutes, and 43.5 seconds after you first set eyes on a barbell.

So If I don't even lift, I could be plateauing and not even know!
That's how wizardy a Barbell can be!

I will be back to answer them wall of questions.

That would be one option. Here's another, call me crazy, but I think it just might work.

1) Go to the gym
2) Do some squats and deads, preferably as a part of a proper program
3) Lather, rinse, repeat until you plateau.

I currently do a variation of 5/3/1 on a 4 day split. On a 5th day I do some extra arm and abdominal work.

Sun: Deadlifts/back
Mon: SOHP/shoulders
Wed: Bench/chest
Thurs: Squat/legs

And are you able to follow the prescribed 5/3/1 progressions? How often are you resetting your training max?

Yes I've been able to. Though I got sick for a week, and could not lift. That was about the closet I got to a reset.

If you're hitting those then you don't have a problem. People plateau at any number of levels for any number of reasons. Stop thinking ahead so much and lift the weights.

You're likely right. I just felt my SQ/DL numbers are so low. I've gotten too use to rapid gains.

Back