Slow cookers

WeetBixKid**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread specifically for these bad boys. Share your recipes.

Didn't see a thread specifically for these bad boys. Share your recipes.

1. Shitty cut of meat.
2. Marinate and tenderize.
3. Slow cook BBQ
4. Win.

Good BBQ is all about patience and temperature control on your grill...

1. Get a chuck roast.
2. Chop some potatoes, mince some onions, put in crock-pot with chuck roast.
3. Cook at like 175ish for a long time.
4. Eat.

P.S. Are crock-pot recipes allowed?

1. Shitty cut of meat.
2. Marinate and tenderize.
3. Slow cook BBQ
4. Win.

Good BBQ is all about patience and temperature control on your grill...

Do you know what a slow cooker is?

1. Get a chuck roast.
2. Chop some potatoes, mince some onions, put in crock-pot with chuck roast.
3. Cook at like 175ish for a long time.
4. Eat.

P.S. Are crock-pot recipes allowed?

They're the same thing.

i think slow cooker is what hillbillies call crock pots or something.

These cookers are the dogs nuts! I swear by them.
Great for home made soup, chili, casseroles, plus stuff like lamb shanks, beef in guinness. Awesome the meat is so tender, and they keep in all the nutrients. Turn it on and forget about it for 6 hours. Highly recommend them!

from what i've heard, slow cooking actually tends to destroy a lot of nutrients.

Crock Pot is a brand name.

Yeah...it is, but us hillbillies here in Canada call them crock pots. I've never actually heard anyone here call it a slow cooker, even though that's exactly what it is. I guess we like the slang version better.

Yeah...it is, but us hillbillies here in Canada call them crock pots. I've never actually heard anyone here call it a slow cooker, even though that's exactly what it is. I guess we like the slang version better.

I would assume the average person that owns a slow cooker actually owns a Crock Pot. It was definitely a good case of branding.

Meat, veggies, broth, time.

I dont usually have success with pork chops tho. Boston butt is win and sometimes you see those really shitty "ribblets" on sale. Its like the scrap ends of the spare ribs. Those are pretty good in a crock.

My girlfriend has a recipe where she fries up red peppers, onions, bacon,mushrooms and pork chops, and then puts then in mushroom soup in the slow cooker. So damn good. Usually serves it over some rice.

One huge piece of fatty pork butt.
Tons of sauerkraut (preferably homemade like my un-lazy ass makes).
3 or 4 potatoes (cubed).
1 bottle of beer (I prefer Yuengling lager).

Line the cubed potatoes on the bottom of the crock pot. Add some of the sauerkraut. Throw the pork on top. Add the rest of the sauerkraut. Pour in the beer. Put the lid on and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.

MMMMM MMMMM, BITCH!

sauerkraut cooked with pork is so effing win. i like to make a pasta casserole with brats and sauerkraut and i never tell people there's sauerkraut in it and they always like it ahhahahaha poanage.

pasta would be hard in a crock pot though. it's a bit of a science to getting it al dente that way.

Back