Slipknot

Discussion in 'Abbey Road' started by 71Fish, Aug 16, 2016.

1. 71Fish

71Fish Orange Belt

I've known of them since they arrived on the scene in the late 90s but really only started listening to them last year. Just saw them in concert last week. Not a mosher myself but we did have pit tickets, just hung behind them mass of the circle. It was funny (maybe funny is the wrong word) seeing older guys in the mosh pit. I'm 45 myself, many were my age and older.

Anyway, since really listening to them just since last year, I've become a big fan. Anyone else?

Nameless Ghoul likes this.
  2. Nameless Ghoul

Nameless Ghoul Black Belt

I saw them a few weeks ago too, great show!. I have been a fan since they released the Self-titled album and appreciate they have grown and evolved with time. All Hope Is Gone and Iowa are my favorite albums by them

3. Sohei

Sohei A Smocking gun

For a heavier band they have some great lighter songs too.

BTW whats the point of Stone Sour? Its the same band right? Is it just a marketing gimmick?

4. rikwebb

rikwebb Purple Belt

Stone Sour was Corey and Jim's pre Slipknot band that they decided to resurrect after Iowa, Jim got kicked out/left a couple of years back. They're more commercial/melodic than Slipknot.

Both times i've seen Slipknot i was really looking forward to them but they've been really disapointing. Iowa's my favourite album and i still give it a listen every few months or so.

5. Jack Reacheround

Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Yeah, they can be pretty hit and miss live. A lot of times their theatrics get in the way of their execution. And if you are playing 32nd notes all the time, and you aren't executing correctly, it just sounds like shit. Especially when you have nine different instruments playing.

I don't care much for their gimmick with the masks and jump suits and the extra band members who really aren't necessary. But a lot of their songs are really good. They have soul, which a lot of metal bands are desperately missing.

6. workdiggitz

workdiggitz Red Belt

was a big fan of them when they broke out. the self titled is still amazing, and iowa was heavy as balls, after that they kinda fell off. unique for a metal band and for a bunch of fat ugly dudes from the midwest they became one of the biggest american metal bands of all time. not bad. the schtick got a little played out. and i am suprised that band has managed to still survive this long. corey taylor used to have one of the most brutal screams. then his voice changed cause he was blowing his voice out all the time.

7. Boomb

Boomb Hate the game, not the player.

I like this one.

8. TeTe

TeTe Troll Whisperer Staff Member Senior Moderator

Loved the first album and Iowa, after that I lost interest.

9. Max Power

Max Power Got The Touch Platinum Member

I love their third album. A lot of awesome tracks.

10. neverwas

neverwas bondage belt

saw them last year with korn,great show all round.