Slip inside the Eye of Rousey's Mind (in depth bio article)

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...onda-rousey-preparing-return-ufc-amanda-nunes

rouseyx.jpg

On this crisp November morning, Rousey wears a hoodie and Ugg boots for the short walk from the cabin to the detached garage her longtime trainer Edmond Tarverdyan has turned into a dojo. Six days a week, twice a day, Rousey makes this trip to train for her comeback fight against Amanda Nunes on Dec. 30.

/

"That loss saved me from becoming what I hate," she says. "One of those people who live their lives to impress everyone else. Who put up a front for the world to admire. Who make sure every charitable act is posted and shared for their own image gain. Who posture and pose for people they care nothing about except for the opinion they have of them."

/

r162779_608x594cc.jpg

"I was just trying to make too many people happy," Rousey says. "But when I try and do favors and make everybody else happy, at the end of the day, they walk away happy and I'm the one who has to deal with the depression. All the pay-per-views in the world, all the money in the world, it means f---ing nothing to me because I lost."

/

Rousey still cries sometimes as she relives details from the fight. It's painful and embarrassing.

/

Tarverdyan comes over to start wrapping her hands. He's done this hundreds of times over the past few years. Each piece of tape and gauze has a message written on it, and after the workout, she'll crumple it into a ball. If they were back at her home gym in LA, she'd toss the ball over the wall of the Octagon cage. A little game to break up the monotony of training camp.

There are hundreds of balls of tape and hand wraps from over the years. Many say, "Retire Undefeated." During this training camp, she's writing a new slogan on her used wraps: "FTA." F--- Them All.

But her mom, a former judoka herself, keeps reminding her that her motivation has got to be more than "FTA."

"F -- everybody is not a good reason to fight," her mother, AnnMaria De Mars, told her. "I think that's stupid and bulls -- ."

/

r162782_608x674cc.jpg

Rousey stays and does Pilates for a while before the sweat dries and she gets a chill. This is one of her rituals. After the loss to Holm, Pilates was the first exercise she had the heart for.

"Just me out in the garage, alone and crying, doing Pilates," she jokes. "Good times."

/

The truth is, she was embarrassed by the loss, ashamed of it. She knew what people were saying -- Miesha Tate calling her "a broken woman" and wondering "if she'll ever come back the same." Holly Holm's father, Roger Holm, said she was "scared to death." Cris "Cyborg" Justino started mercilessly calling her out on Twitter.

Rousey refuses to give oxygen to any of their taunts. But even after the voices died down and the world moved on, they became a manifestation of her own shame. The hate she hears and feels is really just her wounded pride echoing in her head.

/

Last month, he flew in Olympic boxer Mikaela Mayer for a week of sparring. Just boxing -- no judo or grappling or jiujitsu.

r162788_608x701cc.jpg

///

Takeaways

training in a small garage in an isolated area
still totally delusional
lashing out at the world because people didn't fawn on her
still mentally broken
the Olymypic boxer only worked with her for 1 week

Verdict: it's not looking good

I think Ronda beats Nunes at UFC 207 ... Question is does she step up to 145 to face Holm or Cyborg? I am more skeptical of those fights...

RR needs a quality training camp with a solid striking coach and planner. She does have the tools to beat almost any woman in the world, she just needs to actually pull her tools together when facing others who have down the same.

Lol. Imagine how good she would be with a good team and a real training camp.

I like how she equates valid opinions or facts of how she dealt with the loss as taunts she needs to ignore.

Also, Ronda may not have been able to handle a real camp. Without people kissing her arse, she could have a meltdown and get thrown out or end up quitting.

1148589-712223_1321627_c_19_1_.jpg
you can hate all you want, but at least Ronda has a character on Dragon Ball Z inspired on her.

Yeah it's nice thinking she's gonna lose so damn easily, but since wmma is such fucking shit, she could just as easily poop out another arm bar that the other losers weren't able to defend.

The other night, for instance, she painted a scene of pine trees on top of a snowy mountain. The trees in the center of the mountain cast a long shadow. Maybe twice as long as the height of the trees themselves. It could be seen as an artistic expression of the weight she's been carrying around all year. Long shadows, fallen trees, distorted perspective.

"Nope," she says. "It's paint by numbers."

This is the best part of the article hands down

RR needs a quality training camp with a solid striking coach and planner. She does have the tools to beat almost any woman in the world, she just needs to actually pull her tools together when facing others who have down the same.

she made the biggest mistake of her career staying with that doucebag Edmund.

Don't you know you might find...

... A better place to play.

Don't you know u might find~ a better place to stay~

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...onda-rousey-preparing-return-ufc-amanda-nunes

rouseyx.jpg

On this crisp November morning, Rousey wears a hoodie and Ugg boots for the short walk from the cabin to the detached garage her longtime trainer Edmond Tarverdyan has turned into a dojo. Six days a week, twice a day, Rousey makes this trip to train for her comeback fight against Amanda Nunes on Dec. 30.

/

"That loss saved me from becoming what I hate," she says. "One of those people who live their lives to impress everyone else. Who put up a front for the world to admire. Who make sure every charitable act is posted and shared for their own image gain. Who posture and pose for people they care nothing about except for the opinion they have of them."

/

r162779_608x594cc.jpg

"I was just trying to make too many people happy," Rousey says. "But when I try and do favors and make everybody else happy, at the end of the day, they walk away happy and I'm the one who has to deal with the depression. All the pay-per-views in the world, all the money in the world, it means f---ing nothing to me because I lost."

/

Rousey still cries sometimes as she relives details from the fight. It's painful and embarrassing.

/

Tarverdyan comes over to start wrapping her hands. He's done this hundreds of times over the past few years. Each piece of tape and gauze has a message written on it, and after the workout, she'll crumple it into a ball. If they were back at her home gym in LA, she'd toss the ball over the wall of the Octagon cage. A little game to break up the monotony of training camp.

There are hundreds of balls of tape and hand wraps from over the years. Many say, "Retire Undefeated." During this training camp, she's writing a new slogan on her used wraps: "FTA." F--- Them All.

But her mom, a former judoka herself, keeps reminding her that her motivation has got to be more than "FTA."

"F -- everybody is not a good reason to fight," her mother, AnnMaria De Mars, told her. "I think that's stupid and bulls -- ."

/

r162782_608x674cc.jpg

Rousey stays and does Pilates for a while before the sweat dries and she gets a chill. This is one of her rituals. After the loss to Holm, Pilates was the first exercise she had the heart for.

"Just me out in the garage, alone and crying, doing Pilates," she jokes. "Good times."

/

The truth is, she was embarrassed by the loss, ashamed of it. She knew what people were saying -- Miesha Tate calling her "a broken woman" and wondering "if she'll ever come back the same." Holly Holm's father, Roger Holm, said she was "scared to death." Cris "Cyborg" Justino started mercilessly calling her out on Twitter.

Rousey refuses to give oxygen to any of their taunts. But even after the voices died down and the world moved on, they became a manifestation of her own shame. The hate she hears and feels is really just her wounded pride echoing in her head.

/

Last month, he flew in Olympic boxer Mikaela Mayer for a week of sparring. Just boxing -- no judo or grappling or jiujitsu.

r162788_608x701cc.jpg

///

Takeaways

training in a small garage in an isolated area
still totally delusional
lashing out at the world because people didn't fawn on her
still mentally broken
the Olymypic boxer only worked with her for 1 week

Verdict: it's not looking good
And thus Enlightened Motivated Ronda was born

we oasis now?
Haha i am so dumb. The title doesn't register but by the end of reading, I notice that 'Dont look back in anger' is playing in my head.

I swear, i would never have made the connection until i saw your post haha I'm retarded

That guitar, man:)

Back