Slinky Boxer vs. Heavier Swarmer (ADVICE PLS)

NuTzOnSwOll-- Tony Pep is your trainer?!? thats pretty sweet yo...always heard he was a better trainer than boxer but he was a pretty damn good boxer so I guess that makes you lucky as shit. I just watched that vid, those were some sick uppercuts. jeebus I liked the way he was setting those up. will try this tomorrow...thanks bruh!

lol...yeah, his downfall was he hated training himself ! Thats what happens when you're a super-talented 18 year ol and ppl throw money at ya to go pro.

Surprisingly, a lot of old school knowledge and a strong desire to keep his mouth open means you learn a lot...everyday.
In fact too much. I have to tune him out after i listen to 2-3 things otherwise its overload.

:icon_lol:

Well, if you are jabbing well, then it sounds like he's beating you in the footwork battle. He shouldn't be able to just rush in and cut you off, I'd guess that your jab/ cross isn't hitting hard enough to stop him. Also, when he's inside, don't give him an ounce of space. Clinch tight, push him off and circle away, hit him with shots from range, lather/ rinse/ repeat.

Last summer when I was still relatively inexperienced, I did some boxing sparring with a smaller guy with great hands, after getting blasted a few times I stuck to what was working; 1-2 while he was coming in, clinch real tight, spin around + push off + reset. I had to eat some rabbit punches from the clinch, but I was definitely landing harder and frustrating him after that.

Back