Slick Daddy Club: We're Talking About the Two-Time

Who gives a shit. Racism isn't in top 10 problems of multiplayer games.
That's why there is a mute button. I'd say I mute dozen players every two hours for behaving like all kinds of retards.

But for example, when some fucker with Asian letters in his name flies over the map like Flash and kills me, I can't do much about it most of the time.
And you bet your ass I'm gonna call his cheating ass a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Don't worry sunshine, if they banned people for being retarded ingame, you'd be the first to get the hammer.
<TrumpWrong1>

It's an observation supported by over a decade of research on my part.

I'd like to see the demographic, economic and genre statistics with what percentage of players within specific game titles exhibit such behavior.

For what youre suggesting doesnt come close to research. It doesnt even enter the realm of theory. While bordering on the possibility of hypothesis.

Back to my original point, racism is far more tolerated in the video community than others.
giphy.gif

Your feelings or thoughts don't make things not facts either.

It's an observation supported by over a decade of research on my part.

lol... The fuck you've done any research. Go back to trolling the War Room.

I feel the majority of ppl who use racist language in voice chat are 12-23(maybe older) just trying to be edgy or funny in front if their friends.

Mute people and move on

I feel the majority of ppl who use racist language in voice chat are 12-23(maybe older) just trying to be edgy or funny in front if their friends.

Mute people and move on

I'm in my mid thirties, and I still slip up. I'm convinced it's not even my fault, all my siblings listened to rap / hip hop, and I was the youngest who was constantly around it. Certain words, mannerisms are embedded in my head, and when put in a reactionary position? Things happen.

I've dropped soft bombs, hard bombs, angry bombs, playful bombs, etc.

Far, far from a racist, but I know first hand how easy it is to go for the low hanging fruit like Doc did.

I'm in my mid thirties, and I still slip up. I'm convinced it's not even my fault, all my siblings listened to rap / hip hop, and I was the youngest who was constantly around it. Certain words, mannerisms are embedded in my head, and when put in a reactionary position? Things happen.

I've dropped soft bombs, hard bombs, angry bombs, playful bombs, etc.

Far, far from a racist, but I know first hand how easy it is to go for the low hanging fruit like Doc did.

If you think about it that's kind of the only fruit there is when gaming. You don't really get much to go on outside of voice/username when fishing for insults, and if you're trying to troll a guy with the name 'CaoNiMaChina#1' or a guy with an effeminate voice it lays your insult vector pretty bare.

Decided to check in on the Doc today and whomever this Courage spaz is he's playing with made me shut that shit off.

Had almost 17k viewers.. He just go live? People that turned off by him playing Fortnite? That seems pretty low for Doc.

Looking at his views it seems to be cooling off a bit.
Still good numbers but just another good streamer.

Had almost 17k viewers.. He just go live?

Popularity on Twitch happens in waves. Personality streamers suffer from it the worst. For they are heavily reliant on new game titles being released to retain and build viewers. If they stay on the same game viewers will eventually gravitate towards the better player who also streams.

Doc's playing PUBG with Shroud and funny shit is happening almost nonstop.

Popularity on Twitch happens in waves. Personality streamers suffer from it the worst. For they are heavily reliant on new game titles being released to retain and build viewers. If they stay on the same game viewers will eventually gravitate towards the better player who also streams.
Popularity goes in waves in everything. That's fame. Your explanation for why this happens is invalid.

Open up Twitch, these are the top games in order:
  1. Fortnite - Ninja is #1 of Fortnite. While he might be among the most skilled overall streamers of that game, he is definitely a "personality" streamer, and very likely not the most skilled player in the world who consistently streams that game.
  2. PUBG - Doc is still #2 on PUBG to only Shroud who he had just definitively passed several months earlier before his personal issues derailed his train. I would argue that fracturing the suspension of disbelief when your stream depends on immersion in a character is what hurt Doc the most, and it didn't help that Fortnite blew past PUBG here in the West in terms of popularity in that same moment.
  3. Overwatch - QueenE is the most skilled streamer for this game? That's the current #1 and who is building steam there.
  4. League of Legends - he's a top tier skilled gamer, but personality streamer loltyler1 still reigns here
  5. IRL - not a game. Built purely on "personality" streaming.

Let's be more specific and accurate in our analysis. eSport-type titles with enduring Twitch presence tend to favor more skilled streamers over time, and time is on their side, because those titles endure, and the player bases are relatively static. Meanwhile, the top streamers will almost always be "personality streamers" for the simple reason that is what connects with viewers, and because they depend on the most popular game at the moment which is ever-shifting. Obviously the recipe for a streaming superstar is someone who has both personality and skill, a well-designed hardware streaming setup with a strong production value, and who is also willing to play the most popular game(s) of the moment on Twitch.
https://www.twitchmetrics.net/channels/popularity

Tim the Tatman is terrible at everything, but people are happy to watch him suck. Twitch is a world where the NBA, NCAA, FIBA, And1, and the Harlem Globetrotters all co-mingle. Entertainment value isn't neatly sequestered.

Love the doc but this I laughed a lil bit over this trolling video lol

eSport-type titles with enduring Twitch presence tend to favor more skilled streamers over time, and time is on their side, because those titles endure, and the player bases are relatively static. Meanwhile, the top streamers will almost always be "personality streamers" for the simple reason that is what connects with viewers, and because they depend on the most popular game at the moment which is ever-shifting.

All you did was repackage what i said, lol.

All you did was repackage what i said, lol.
I did not, and the heart of this distinction is that I do not agree that streamers gravitate toward the more skilled streamer over time on all titles; just those with less waning popularity who cater to the eSport niche. The irony that the most distinctive aspect of the top eSport titles is their enduring appeal seems to escape you; that they are less subject to trendy waves of popularity.

In other words, I don't think the threat to the top streamers on the most popular games is from more skilled streamers as those games wane in popularity. Dash across the landscape of the less popular non-eSport titles on Twitch, and personality streamers often dominate more disproportionately because they aren't the type of games to attract tryhards like me, and they're the only thing that stands out. The real threat is other personality streamers who transition to the next most popular wave as its tide rises, and grab the inertia of a dominant foothold there first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back