Sleeve/Pant length

Easto

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
How long do you guys like the sleeves and pants on your Gi?

I have to take mine in to get tailored, but not too sure how short I should go.

Do the sleeves touch your wrist, or shorter?

tailored? I bought an A5 and before wash/drying it was past my hand...washed/dried and it is a 1/2 inch above my hand (perfect fit). The pants on the other hand couldve shrunk a bit shorter as I tie em tight around my upper waist to keep them from dragging on the floor.

I can't wash the top. If I do, the Gi will shrink too much in the torso. It is already tight in the chest, I don't want it smaller. The sleeves on the other hand, go past my wrist and touch my hand. not sure if this is a bad thing or not.

The pants though are still huge. Even after washing them the waist could loose about 3-5 inches.

I can't wash the top. If I do, the Gi will shrink too much in the torso. It is already tight in the chest, I don't want it smaller. The sleeves on the other hand, go past my wrist and touch my hand. not sure if this is a bad thing or not.

The pants though are still huge. Even after washing them the waist could loose about 3-5 inches.

u don't wash your gi top? thats....kinda really gross

I meant that I can't hot wash and hot dry because it will shrink

No, I haven't washed my Gi, but I haven't wore it to class yet either.

But I will be washing it after every use when I start Gi class.

Id wash it cold and hang dry it, it will still shrink a little. then you can see what needs to be donr

Back