Sleeping on Volkanovski

dpfunny

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Not too many people are talking about how good Volkanovski is. We are sleeping or him, considering how good he is what he's done in the past few fights, how durable, explosive and the fight IQ makes him a title contender after this fight. I called Volkanovski beats Aldo. What's your take on it?

I thought this fight was still jeopardized?

He removed all doubt from me with his fight with Mendes. He's legit AF.

Last edited:
I've been on the Volkanovski hype train since his first UFC fight. He is a monster, and I would not be surprised if he beats Aldo.

That said, Aldo is a living legend, and still very dangerous. I can't wait for this fight.

He's hard to hit clean, Aldo is going to have to throw combinations and lots of knees to inflict damage.

He should use the Frankie Edgar rematch gameplan in May

Aldo's too dangerous. He was better than Max in the first round and a half.

I've been on the Volkanovski hype train since his first UFC fight. He is a monster, and I would not be surprised if he beats Aldo.

That said, Aldo is a living legend, and still very dangerous. I can't wait for this fight.

I was on it since he was 6, but idk if he can beat Aldo?!

Not too many people are talking about how good Volkanovski is. We are sleeping or him, considering how good he is what he's done in the past few fights, how durable, explosive and the fight IQ makes him a title contender after this fight. I called Volkanovski beats Aldo. What's your take on it?
This is the year of the Macedonian fighters. Alexander the Great becomes a champion!

The dude looks good, but I remember Mendes smacking him around the cage before he got caught. I'm stoked for the matchup regardless.

I think he beats Aldo too. His pace, his feints, his power, his relentlessness— it will wear Aldo down. I think he gives Aldo hell and might get the win in round 3. I expect Aldo to take the first portion of the fight, though.

The dude looks good, but I remember Mendes smacking him around the cage before he got caught. I'm stoked for the matchup regardless.

I remember Mendes landing one or two good punches the whole fight. Other than that, I remember Volkanovski stalking him and making Mendes look confused.

Last edited:
I remember Mendes landing one or two good punches the whole fight. Other than that, I remember Volkanovski stocking him and making mendes look confused.
It's certainly possible. I need to rewatch the fight regardless.

It’s fighting, and everybody gets hit. Most get knocked down from time to time. It’s how you react to that stuff, and obviously whether you win that matters most.

I would likely go with Volkanovski here. Assuming it still goes through.

I'm not sleeping on him in fact I got him over my boy Aldo, and that's saying a lot, Aldo is my boy even if I lose I win as a fight fan (Read the sig ↓↓↓)...

Whether Volkanovski or Aldo wins, I see the UFC making an interim title fight v Edgar or Ortiz as Max fights Poirier.

I'm of the belief Aldo is better than every FW but Max until proven otherwise

I'm not sleeping on him in fact I got him over my boy Aldo, and that's saying a lot, Aldo is my boy even if I lose I win as a fight fan (Read the sig ↓↓↓)...

Yeah. I like both guys, too, and It sucks to see them fight. I was hoping for Aldo vs. ortega, or even Aldo at LW.

Didnt want these two to fight either but damn his last fight was nasty. But this fight really could go either way with “boxer” Aldo reformed, but maybe Volk tests the chin Max has knocked around...

Back