Sleepers

It's a good film. But man my 1st time watching it, eye opening twist there at the boys home.

My only complaint is Minnie Driver. Not a big fan of her.

Let's be honest here, they should just go back and cgi her out of every role she's ever had at this point. Treat her like cigarettes in old cartoons. No one needs to see her ever again when viewing a film from the past. It's time.

Let's be honest here, they should just go back and cgi her out of every role she's ever had at this point. Treat her like cigarettes in old cartoons. No one needs to see her ever again when viewing a film from the past. It's time.

Co-signed.

'Hey, why is Matt Damon joking around by himself in this store in Good Will Hunting?'

'The Minnie Driver Law of 2016.'

'Oh, right. Good riddance.'

Co-signed.

'Hey, why is Matt Damon joking around by himself in this store in Good Will Hunting?'

'The Minnie Driver Law of 2016.'

'Oh, right. Good riddance.'

Remember how hard they tried for a while to convince the world she was the next big thing?

Like, 'just pretend she doesn't have a Lego person block head for a minute guys'

<41>

Remember how hard they tried for a while to convince the world she was the next big thing?

Like, 'just pretend she doesn't have a Lego person block head for a minute guys'

<41>

Dat Matt Hughes jaw doe

Underrated. Fav scene (shitty copy).

Dustin Hoffman doing work on the how many drinks did you have woman was great

modern classic as far as I'm concerned. So many strong actors/performances in that film. Loved virtually anything Hoffman did in that movie. Great as the down-on-his-luck/washed-up lawyer. It's also quite unsettling/disturbing whenever Bacon is on screen.

Anyone else love this movie? It is one of my absolute favorites. There is some amount of controversy surrounding it since the writer, Lorenzo Carcaterra, claims it is a true story, yet there is no evidence to corraborate his claims. They have no record of any such trial occurring in NYC. He claims he changed the location of the story. But so much of the story is based on being from Hell's Kitchen and the cultural makeup of that neighborhood. I think he's full of shit. But I still love this movie.

I heard this movie had a special place in your heart as you too have been a victim (I think you posted about the ramrod incident on here before in some thread).

:eek:

I heard this movie had a special place in your heart as you too have been a victim (I think you posted about the ramrod incident on here before in some thread).

:eek:
Probably the other guy, Soda Popinski with an i at the end of it.

Weird movie. I haven't seen it in forever. I remember thinking it was well-made but it's not something I am particularly eager to revisit.

Weird movie. I haven't seen it in forever. I remember thinking it was well-made but it's not something I am particularly eager to revisit.
I love stories about revenge. The Count of Monte Cristo is another of my favorites.

I love stories about revenge. The Count of Monte Cristo is another of my favorites.

I guess I generally think taking revenge is a questionable activity, though I can understand why the idea might be satisfying. I'm with you on The Count of Monte Cristo, though. I also think it's a great movie, mostly because the Count is just so damn clever about how he goes about things. Great book, too.

It's been a long time since I saw it, but as I recall it bugged me big time. Not interested in more, eek

I am sure there have been cases of child abuse in Juvee, as I am sure there still is.

Hell's Kitchen used to be my old stomping grounds when I went to Manhattan. Now it is filled with rich kids trying to be street, and overly flamboyant LGBTers.

Dustin Hoffman doing work on the how many drinks did you have woman was great

Yeah that was awesome. They brought him in like he was going to be a fuckup, and then you saw him drop skills.

True story in a similar vein.

The scene in "Bastard out of Carolina" where the group of men kick the ass of a child abuser is pretty satisfying too :

Back