Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sleepaway Camp

The Blob
The_Blob_%281988%29_theatrical_poster.jpg

Which movie did you prefer?

"The Blob", easily.

"Sleepaway Camp" is known for one scene, and one scene only. Although, I gotta say, it's pretty impressive at how it stuck in people's minds, because outside of that one scene, it's just another shitty slasher flick that nobody would remember otherwise.

"The Blob", easily.

"Sleepaway Camp" is known for one scene, and one scene only. Although, I gotta say, it's pretty impressive at how it stuck in people's minds, because outside of that one scene, it's just another shitty slasher flick that nobody would remember otherwise.
<PlusJuan>

The blob was terrifying as a kid. The guy getting sucked down the sink drain messed me up pretty bad.

"The Blob", easily.

You're wrong.

SLEEPAWAY CAMP isn't "just another shitty slasher flick". It is, in fact, a very "shitty slasher flick".

I remember being pissed as I sat there in the theater because I'd wasted $5 to see it. I'm surprised I didn't walk out. But I didn't & then came the shock ending & it was just unusual enough to make the whole thing worthwhile.

I didn't find it interesting enough to go see any of the sequels though. Were they any better than the original?

I haven't seen THE BLOB in years but I remember liking it a lot when I saw it back in the late '90s. So, I bought the Blu-ray a few weeks back but I haven't had the opportunity to watch it yet.

Sleepaway Camp has the legendary ending, but aside from that (which DOES make it worth at least one watch, as long as you're ignorant to what happens) it is a basic Friday the 13th/The Burning rip off.

The Blob is a nice update of a classic B sci-fi flick that is actually pretty terrifying the entire way through. The ending to it, that final scene, was perfect. Not shocking like the ending of Sleepaway Camp (few endings are), but perfect for that film.

If we compare these films as a whole, and not just the endings, The Blob is far superior, and it ain't even close.

I haven't seen THE BLOB in years but I remember liking it a lot when I saw it back in the late '90s. So, I bought the Blu-ray a few weeks back but I haven't had the opportunity to watch it yet.
Dude, watch it. It's one of the best horror/sci-fi remakes we as fans have ever received.

Last edited:
I just watched Sleepaway Camp because of this topic. I knew of the movie and the surprise ending but never actually seen the movie.

The Blob is better

You're wrong.

SLEEPAWAY CAMP isn't "just another shitty slasher flick". It is, in fact, a very "shitty slasher flick".

I remember being pissed as I sat there in the theater because I'd wasted $5 to see it. I'm surprised I didn't walk out. But I didn't & then came the shock ending & it was just unusual enough to make the whole thing worthwhile.

I didn't find it interesting enough to go see any of the sequels though. Were they any better than the original?
If you want to see Bruce Springsteens sister kill people give em a watch.
The first 2 sequels were kinda goofy.
I heard theres a 4th but it was actually an unfinished movie they stretched out with flashbacks to the others to kill time.
They are decent as background movies and seem to lean more towards comedy than horror.

I see the first one as more of a comedy also, but I think thats because of how poorly so much of it has aged.
That scene where the kid says to her "yo Angela, how come you're so fucked up?"
Fuckin cracks me up when I see it still.

Dude, watch it. It's one of the best horror/sci-fi remakes we've as fans have ever received.
Oh, I plan to soon, believe me. At the moment I'm staying at my daughter's house while waiting to get my own place & all my stuff is in storage. Including my 82" 4K UHD which I love watching my movies on. So, I'm waiting until I have my own place again to watch anything. For the past couple of months, I've been watching everything on my Kindle HD10. Which is driving me nuts. It has a great picture but it's so damn small. LOL.

If you want to see Bruce Springsteens sister kill people give em a watch.
The first 2 sequels were kinda goofy.
I heard theres a 4th but it was actually an unfinished movie they stretched out with flashbacks to the others to kill time.
They are decent as background movies and seem to lean more towards comedy than horror.

I see the first one as more of a comedy also, but I think thats because of how poorly so much of it has aged.
That scene where the kid says to her "yo Angela, how come you're so fucked up?"
Fuckin cracks me up when I see it still.
Thanks, man. I'll have to check them out sometime.

what is the final scene in sleepaway camp that makes it worth it? im not gonna watch so tell me!!!!

The Blob is a substantially superior movie.

Back