Sleep paralysis..... U Get this?

Few times a year. It doesn't usually scare me, but sometimes it happens just after having a nightmare. That kind of sucks because you just escaped the vulnerability of the nightmare only to experience the vulnerability of paralysis. Many times I've tried screaming to wake my wife so she can shake me or something. But I can only mutter a quite moan. She probably thinks I'm having a sex dream.

Like many here I experience it so often that it stopped being scary years ago. The first few times before adjusting to it were horrifying though.

The tip is not to panic. Focus on wriggling one of your fingers of your big toe whilst your experiencing it. Trying to move a whole limb doesn't work and will only make you panic. As soon as you start wriggling your toe you will snap out of it and wake up.

This is what works for me as well. I normally sleep belly down, so I try to move my hips right and left like I'm in BJJ class. I can't imagine having an episode where a ghoustly figure is mounting you, must me the worst.

I have it often, especially if 'I'm super exhausted

It's creepy as through the night I am aware of being conscious but can't sleep

It gives me panics and I jolt often in bed annoying the wife

Not in a while thank god. Used too kind of often. It's terrifying.

I can relate. I don't get them often, maybe once a year or so. They are not total paralysis, but still scary. I can still move my arms, but it takes Massive effort to do so. Like my arms feel super heavy and have no energy left in them. Kinda like how you feel after a Ass beating conditioning class in mma. I also get the feeling of terror and dread. Like if I close my eyes again I will die. Often for me, this is sometimes preceeded by that weird feeling of falling or rocking back and forth, despite not moving and not in a position to fall anywere.

Fucking terrifying.

I think I got it once, was terrifying, had no idea what was going on. But then again I might have just been having a nightmare where I dreamed I was having sleep paralysis.

This is the problem with the internet. You read something once, and then think you probably got it.

I've gotten it and it was really scary. In a pitch black room, not only could I not move, but I felt a presence...and not the good kind. It got stronger and stronger, and I haven't been that scared as a grown up in a long time. I hated it.

I do once in awhile and usually if someone turns a TV or radio on the frequency will go up. It used to scare me. Now, I usually tell myself I'll eventually fully wake up.

Today sucked as it went on way too long and I started to panic.

Anyone have this and how do you help yourself?

If i ever knew someone got sleep paralysis, I would have sex with them, because what are they gonna do? they can't move
first mannequins, now sleep paralyzed sloots. I am coming for your record Wilt!!!

If i ever knew someone got sleep paralysis, I would have sex with them, because what are they gonna do? they can't move
first mannequins, now sleep paralyzed sloots. I am coming for your record Wilt!!!

Cool. If I know ur in area....time to fake it. Your used to it anyway. ;)

I've had it a couple of times, what helps me come out of it, is shaking my leg.

I do once in awhile and usually if someone turns a TV or radio on the frequency will go up. It used to scare me. Now, I usually tell myself I'll eventually fully wake up.

Today sucked as it went on way too long and I started to panic.

Anyone have this and how do you help yourself?

Sleep paralysis is some seriously scary shit. I used to get some horrible nightmares, but they were all combat related. I absolutely do not want to wake up paralyzed with shadow dudes over me and shit. That's worse than Freddy Kruger Nightmare on Elm Street shit right there. I sleep pretty good apart from nightmares, but they happen so often I'm really only bothered while sleeping. When I wake up, I'm good.

Sleeping is a crazy thing we do. You just shut down for half the night and your brain gets to do whatever it wants. You can have your fantasies come true and it be a real as possible, or your worst nightmare can occur and you feel like you'll never escape. Or you can lay down and wake up feeling like only a second has passed. It's crazy.

It's amazing how many sleep paralysis threads there have been.

I had no idea the event was so common.

I've had it happen a shit ton. I noticed it would happen more often if I fall asleep on my back.

Back