Sleep paralysis..... U Get this?

shanegotu11

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I do once in awhile and usually if someone turns a TV or radio on the frequency will go up. It used to scare me. Now, I usually tell myself I'll eventually fully wake up.

Today sucked as it went on way too long and I started to panic.

Anyone have this and how do you help yourself?

My gf gets it every time she goes tocbed stressed out, which is a lot.

I wouldn't wish it upon my worse enemy. She is afraid to go to sleep.

I didn't believe it even happened until it did to me, scary as shit, has only happened to be 2 or 3 times.

It does for me after I wake up and then try to go back to sleep, I'll get caught in an in-between state of being half-asleep and then it happens.

It really is frightening, your whole body is just frozen and a sense of dread/cold just washes over your body. You try desperately to just move or get up but you can't. Lots of dark shapes in your vision, I'd almost describe it as like crows flying in through your window and flying all around you.

It's like a waking nightmare basically. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, the sense of dread is the worst.

It happened so often that I got used to it. If it happens now, I just ignore it and go back to sleep.

I get it heaps. Usually you will hear a light ringing in your ear before you fall to sleep.

The tip is not to panic. Focus on wriggling one of your fingers of your big toe whilst your experiencing it. Trying to move a whole limb doesn't work and will only make you panic. As soon as you start wriggling your toe you will snap out of it and wake up.

I believe it's caused by your head being elevated too high when placed on you pillow, which probably effects blood flow from your neck to your brain.

Try the toe wiggle thing. It works for me 99% of the time.

Yes a few times. It's not fun at all just have to wait it out as far as I can tell before you wake up. Being able to recognize it now makes it a little easier to deal with

I got that a few times, but I never had the scary experiences people talk about. I just cant move, but I squeeze my eyes and try to snap my head back that seems to get me out of it.
I also have this strange thing that I cant die in my dreams at least the ones I remember. I have been shot in the head or hit by a truck and fallen of a building several times. But after that happens I just sort of lie on the ground without any pain. And I can still see how everything keep going on normal around me also I should be dead. At that point I usually realize I am dreaming and do the snapping back of my head to wake up.

Its happened to me before.

Doesn't really freak me out. More frustrating than anything

Watch the new movie on this that came out not to long ago in 2015 "The Nightmare".

I watched the scene of the Chinese woman and she told it almost 100% to what happened to me. ( I freaked out !)

(fell asleep my house growing up) late 1990's
I was in my room and felt a presence coming towards my room. I sensed it was a bad presence. When I finally got the courage to look at it was a shadowy witch figure coming towards me. I tried to jump out of bed towards it but I couldn't move. It then got a hold of my head and started moving its hand over it. I turned to look at what was a shadowy figured face like clouds. I then asked for gods help and that's when I was able to awake.

(fell asleep my house growing up) Junior high years late 1990's
My second experience I was at my Aunt house. It was early Am and I saw my dogs on her porch. I was angry that they got out so I went outside to get them. Then I saw the Shadowy figure exit the gate to the backyard and started heading toward the street. I immediately thought it was trying to harm my great grandma who lived in the back room of my aunts house. I tried to tell my dogs to get the shadow but they did nothing. I chased it down as to attack the shadowy figure. It quickly turned and squared up to me and the force was to immense i fell to the ground as it tried to pin me and attack me. I then woke up with my ears buzzing and my mom in the kitchen chopping carrots for later.

I later spoke to my cousins and they told me stories of this shadow figure and i was shocked! Also my moms boyfriend at the time said his son saw little shadows in our living room when he stayed over. When I told my moms boyfriend my stories he said sometimes he woke up and saw some black thing going into my room. I think that house was haunted or something. I would have some freaky dreams where I felt death was around me and it was cold.

Things turned around when I had the best experience ever . Yes better then sex , frozen yogurt, pride fighting days , dreams where you fly , etc... I was on the same couch I had the 2nd dream and I saw a bright light. It was very inviting and looked like a female angel. I felt so attracted to it can't explain the feeling. It was saying leave him alone and it was cleansing me in a way. I remember waking up to the buzzing sound and was crying. I think I was in High School at the time.

This is no bullshit guys and PM me if you got questions or like to chat more about this experience I've had as well as others I know.

Old Hag Syndrome?

I just try to sit back and enjoy it.

I remember waking up to the buzzing sound and was crying.
Buzzing? Like a vibrator?

Haven't had it in awhile, but i've experienced it 4-5 times. It sucks, I try to open my eyes or move my arms to snap out of it and panic when I cant. Eventually I wake up, but it freaks me the fuck out.

Worst was waking up from a scary dream and having it. In my dream I was being chased by some demon creature with red eyes. I was running from it, and woke up from how intense it was but I couldnt move and I was still half dreaming. I still remember how horrible it felt.

Watch the new movie on this that came out not to long ago in 2015 "The Nightmare".

I watched the scene of the Chinese woman and she told it almost 100% to what happened to me. ( I freaked out !)

(fell asleep my house growing up) late 1990's
I was in my room and felt a presence coming towards my room. I sensed it was a bad presence. When I finally got the courage to look at it was a shadowy witch figure coming towards me. I tried to jump out of bed towards it but I couldn't move. It then got a hold of my head and started moving its hand over it. I turned to look at what was a shadowy figured face like clouds. I then asked for gods help and that's when I was able to awake.

(fell asleep my house growing up) Junior high years late 1990's
My second experience I was at my Aunt house. It was early Am and I saw my dogs on her porch. I was angry that they got out so I went outside to get them. Then I saw the Shadowy figure exit the gate to the backyard and started heading toward the street. I immediately thought it was trying to harm my great grandma who lived in the back room of my aunts house. I tried to tell my dogs to get the shadow but they did nothing. I chased it down as to attack the shadowy figure. It quickly turned and squared up to me and the force was to immense i fell to the ground as it tried to pin me and attack me. I then woke up with my ears buzzing and my mom in the kitchen chopping carrots for later.

I later spoke to my cousins and they told me stories of this shadow figure and i was shocked! Also my moms boyfriend at the time said his son saw little shadows in our living room when he stayed over. When I told my moms boyfriend my stories he said sometimes he woke up and saw some black thing going into my room. I think that house was haunted or something. I would have some freaky dreams where I felt death was around me and it was cold.

Things turned around when I had the best experience ever . Yes better then sex , frozen yogurt, pride fighting days , dreams where you fly , etc... I was on the same couch I had the 2nd dream and I saw a bright light. It was very inviting and looked like a female angel. I felt so attracted to it can't explain the feeling. It was saying leave him alone and it was cleansing me in a way. I remember waking up to the buzzing sound and was crying. I think I was in High School at the time.

This is no bullshit guys and PM me if you got questions or like to chat more about this experience I've had as well as others I know.

I had the angel dream once. This sexy blonde angel with big juggys gave me a blowy. When I woke up I was happy and my pants were wet and sticky.

I've had it before in the past, like a decade ago in university, creepy shit.

Had it once really bad. I remember being like 10 or 11 and I woke up to what I thought was someone shaking me. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me, but I heard this maniacal laughter when it was going on. The most helpless I have ever felt in my life.

What they thought it was in the olden days:
Thomas_Burke_The_Nightmare_engraving.jpg

I hate it. I used to get it as a kid all the time. The worst part is when I sleep on my stomach I have a habit of shoving my face in the pillow and not breathing for a long time then finally I pull my face out and breath. My GF says I look fucking crazy. Now I make a habit of only sleeping on my back and that's it. I never let myself roll onto my stomach.

The sleep paralysis subject comes up on here quite often.

I've had it happen a few times, usually when I haven't gotten enough sleep. I wake up but just can't move so I go back to sleep.

I've had dreams that seem so real but eventually something happens in the dream that can't in real life so I know it's a dream.

It happened to me like once or twice in my life, and maybe even never, because I'm not sure exactly what counts for a sleep paralysis, but I'll tell the one that I remember.
One night when I was a kid I had this dream where some maniac chased me and I knew he wanted to harm me in some way. then after some running I found myself in some room and I decided to hide. He then entered the room and that's when I knew that it's a dream for some reason and tried to wake up. I woke (or at least I thought I did) but I still could here the man. He then took a needle or something and poked me in the heel with it, while laughing like a complete maniac... and I cried for help and called my mother but felt like I can't use my voice or move. I really freaked out and after some time I woke up for real.

I didn't believe it even happened until it did to me, scary as shit, has only happened to be 2 or 3 times.

It does for me after I wake up and then try to go back to sleep, I'll get caught in an in-between state of being half-asleep and then it happens.

It really is frightening, your whole body is just frozen and a sense of dread/cold just washes over your body. You try desperately to just move or get up but you can't. Lots of dark shapes in your vision, I'd almost describe it as like crows flying in through your window and flying all around you.

It's like a waking nightmare basically. Wouldn't wish it on anyone, the sense of dread is the worst.

Yeah I hated it too. About a couple years back, I had a stretch of about 2 years where I got it roughly about once every other month. Used to scare the shit out of me. (still to this day the scariest shit I have ever felt)

It would hit me in the middle of my sleep cycle, sometimes in the middle of a dream and take it over. Always felt like my eyes were just barely open, but enough to see the room around me. It would always come with this terrible sense of dread or impending doom. (as if I was going to die) followed by the noise, which was the worst part. The noise always sounded like this low deep angry growl or grumble. Then I would see individual shadows raise up (like someone standing up from lying on the floor) all around my bed. (usually like 7 to 10 shadowy figures) other times it was a singular massive shadow that looked like it was running straight towards me from a distance.

The dread, noise and shadows all at once and constant throughout the episodes. I can't begin to tell you how scared shit-less I was. (and I was an Iraqi combat veteran)

I used to do 3 things, every time this happened to always get out of it. I would shut / close my eyes as hard as I could, and in my thoughts I would cry out to God and say the Lord's prayer. By the time I finished the Lord's prayer, I would find myself awake and with a sense of peace. People can take from this what they want, or hate all they want, but I swear, the Lord pulled me out these freaking episodes every time.

Back