Slack: The only way she (Ronda) gets into clinch is running forward and eating blows

Most fans of other sports (GOLF included) aren't making dumb "what-if" scenarios comparing men and women. Rousey's appeal to a wide, non-hardcore audience is probably partly to blame for why those comparisons pop-up; some idiot will see her fight for the first time, having little prior MMA knowledge, and think she could beat the men. (How does that make you feel, boys??)

More like the idiots are Dana White and company, who apparently think the only way to market the UFC women's divisions to their core audience of 18-35 year old males is to say or imply that these are chicks that can beat up men. They encourage this line of questioning, their captive journalists then ask these questions to fighters like Ronda Rousey who responds "hell yeah I can compete with anybody" and then it becomes a big, ridiculous topic for discussion that goes on and on forever and pisses off a lot of people. Couldn't imagine this in any other sport where both men and women compete and it's totally unnecessary.

Last edited:
Has the person who wrote this article ever watched an mma fight in his life? This is a fight...last time I checked you get hit in fights

aggressive behavior doesn't get you knocked out in mma; not nearly as much as it does in boxing. Plus Holly doesn't have power, which once again is way more important in mma than it is in boxing.

You can only make someone pay for overaggressive behavior in mma when you are confident you can stay on your feet, aka - WHEN YOU CAN WRESTLE. Watch Cro Cop when he fought in Pride. There sure as hell isn't a Cro Cop in this division, not even close.

If you want to beat Ronda you have to take the fight TO HER. Something Cyborg would be more than happy to do, and hence why they're not fighting. :icon_chee

Take the fight to her? Like Cat did? Sounds to me like you haven't watched any fights.

Which makes me think Cyborg KO'ing her is a possibility if they meet at a weight where Cyborg isn't a weight-weakened zombie ghost.

I don't understand how people who have never actually implemented any of the techniques they claim to be an expert on in actual competition have any credibility.

Agreed..
Jack Slack is a moron. He is a observer of a the sport, just like any one on sherdog, and has as much and/as little knowledge as anybody here. So who the fuk does he think he is. His opinion matters as much as the turd I flushed down the shitter this morning.

Holm is going to shock the word when she rocks Ronda coming in and finishes her.

Holm hasn't been impressive in a lot of people's eyes because she's getting to fight at her pace. It's similar to Machida and how everyone called him boring. If you let him play karate, he's just going to point fight you all day. If you force the action, you get KO'ed.

If Ronda tries her bumrush or aggressive approach, she's getting stopped.

Agreed..
Jack Slack is a moron. He is a observer of a the sport, just like any one on sherdog, and has as much and/as little knowledge as anybody here. So who the fuk does he think he is. His opinion matters as much as the turd I flushed down the shitter this morning.

Do you shout anything in particular when you shoot your load into a sock during Ronda's fights?

Agreed..

Perhaps you're right. Except I detail my reasoning and use clips, stills and gifs to support my points.

More like the idiots are Dana White and company, who apparently think the only way to market the UFC women's divisions to their core audience of 18-35 year old males is to say or imply that these are chicks that can beat up men. They encourage this line of questioning, their captive journalists then ask these questions to fighters like Ronda Rousey who responds "hell yeah I can compete with anybody" and then it becomes a big, ridiculous topic for discussion that goes on and on forever and pisses off a lot of people. Couldn't imagine this in any other sport where both men and women compete and it's totally unnecessary.

Part of the reason they do this of course is that they know it creates waves with a lot of their existing knuckle dragging bro fanbase who like to bask in the reflective toughness of MMA fighters so greatly offended by the idea that a women could challenge them.

As far as Rousey vs men goes power for weight is definitely an issue, a typical 135lb man is going to have a lot more muscle and a lot less fat than Rousey so your probably looking at least 125lbs for something close to a fair fight.

Technically Rousey's grappling is on a par with the higher levels of the mens sport, if you have an honest eye you simply can't ignore this. Her striking is limited by male standards but its not as if we haven't had male grapplers with limited striking who were successful is it?

Which makes me think Cyborg KO'ing her is a possibility if they meet at a weight where Cyborg isn't a weight-weakened zombie ghost.

Cyborg is I'd say a MUCH better example of the lower skill levels of the womens sport, her career is basically built off of being a reasonable tough brawler exploiting the VERY limited striking skill we see at 135/145lbs. Rousey at least does show a high level of grappling ability, Cyborg does not show a high level of striking and would get destroyed fighting men.

Take the fight to her? Like Cat did? Sounds to me like you haven't watched any fights.

In order for you to beat a great fighter you have to be a great fighter yourself. The gameplan is irrelevant if you're a jabroni. No one is beating Ronda without skills.

I could take you away from your keyboard and give you any gameplan I want, just because you'd get smashed doesn't make me wrong.

Ronda has been kicking ass to the best the 135lbs division had yet to offer, the day Cyborg makes the weight and beats her, well, we might only say that she is the second best female fighter, is not both their fault the competition is so far behind them, even when Cyborg at 145lbs is not exactly beating the very best, as most of her past wins are against fighters with poor records and some of coming up in weight to fight.

That's all true but when they start saying she could take on male fighters and may be the best fighter to ever exist, that's overhyping.

Agreed..

You're a complete spastic... Did you know professional fight camps pay money to people like JS to scout the competition and provide analysis/reports

In order for you to beat a great fighter you have to be a great fighter yourself. The gameplan is irrelevant if you're a jabroni. No one is beating Ronda without skills.

I could take you away from your keyboard and give you any gameplan I want, just because you'd get smashed doesn't make me wrong.

I've been outspoken in the past about Cat being overrated, but she's no jabroni. She has skills. She took the fight to Ronda, and not only did it fail, it resulted in Ronda's fastest win ever. Yet you still insist that's the plan to take?

Dude, do you know anything about Judo? Judo is about using your opponent's momentum against them. Ronda is aggressive for a judoka, but that doesn't change that Judo is an art that turns defense into offense. You try to take the fight to Ronda, she's gonna toss you.

I really like Jack Slack for his ability to break down striking (although I don't always fully agree with his analysis).

He knows virtually nothing about anything but striking, though. That's not bashing him. That's just the way it is.

That said, a male mixed martial artist anywhere near the top 40 or 50 is going to put a hurting on Ronda.

A pure striker or a lower caliber fighter has a very good chance of ending up in a scramble with her though, which gives her a chance. It doesn't necessarily give her a great chance, but it does give her a realistic one.

I've been outspoken in the past about Cat being overrated, but she's no jabroni. She has skills. She took the fight to Ronda, and not only did it fail, it resulted in Ronda's fastest win ever. Yet you still insist that's the plan to take?

Dude, do you know anything about Judo? Judo is about using your opponent's momentum against them. Ronda is aggressive for a judoka, but that doesn't change that Judo is an art that turns defense into offense. You try to take the fight to Ronda, she's gonna toss you.

That division is full of low talent. They're not on Ronda's level

as far as the Judo comment, you act as if Judo has never been attempted in mens mma and there's absolutely no counter for it. No-gi judo is almost identical to Greco-Roman wrestling. In mma you can learn to counter any skills but you have to have skills yourself! The women in her division simply DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS.

That division is full of low talent. They're not on Ronda's level

as far as the Judo comment, you act as if Judo has never been attempted in mens mma and there's absolutely no counter for it. No-gi judo is almost identical to Greco-Roman wrestling. In mma you can learn to counter any skills but you have to have skills yourself! The women in her division simply DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS.

So you really have nothing to back up your argument, just to repeat that no one has the skills. Slack presents his analysis with real though, and uses video to make his points.

Also, most male judoka have been garbage in converting it to MMA, based on focusing too much on the sport aspects. Greco roman wrestlers are equally rare in MMA, with folk style and free style wrestling being far more common.

So you really have nothing to back up your argument, just to repeat that no one has the skills. Slack presents his analysis with real though, and uses video to make his points.

Also, most male judoka have been garbage in converting it to MMA, based on focusing too much on the sport aspects. Greco roman wrestlers are equally rare in MMA, with folk style and free style wrestling being far more common.

I don't know what to tell you. My argument is self-evident. Even drug addict Joe Rogan commented to the same point today. A man with a brain that has been rotted by drug use can figure this out and you cant. Sad

Perhaps you're right. Except I detail my reasoning and use clips, stills and gifs to support my points.

I don't need clips, stills, and quips to support my point. Words,simple words are our most inexhaustable form of communication, art, and magic. The problem is, if you don't know what you are talking about, all of the gifs, pictures and videos are going to be about as important as the turd I flushed down the shitter this morning.

Back