"SKYNET" A.I. Drone Program May Have Killed Thousands of Innocent Pakistanis

I see a lot of stories from the Guardian that seems like they just aren't real. Is the Guardian tabloid or something?
Yes, it is a tabloid.

Stating you invaded paints you as the aggressor. And go far back enough between Osama and Murica and Murica is the one that fucked over the other first, since that its been tit for tat of escalating attacks what culminated with the supposed offing of osama.

And its not 2001, we know who orchestrated the attack and who funded it. You bombed the wrong nation and you know it as you said Saudis should have been bombed if you actually wanted to retaliate against the people legitimately behind it.

Fundamentally its murica that created osama the terrorist and trained and fucking radicalized him, shit you should have bombed Langley if you really wanted to retaliate.
No it does not paint the US as the aggressor because "invaded" in the technical sense just means the US/allies used forced to enter the country . The US was allied with the Northern Alliance ,who are also Afghans and controlled a tiny portion of the country; you seem to be ignoring that.

In what way did America fuck over Osama? Osama is a genocidal Arab supremacist who wants to impose Wahhabism on the whole world. The Sauids and the Taleban would not exist were it not for US support during the cold war.

We bombed the right target and our drone strikes are deservered. The Taleban wasin cahoots with Osama/Al Qaeda and supported him .

I said Saudi should also have been bombed, I did not say the Sauidis were the lone culprit and the only ones to deserve getting bombed.

America did not create Osama; Islam and the Wahhabi indoctrination did.

Get a conscience man, if it doesn't bother you.

It bothers me, but Madmick sounds like he needs some new priorities and hobbies in life if he's not going to enact change in the US government to stop drone strikes.

It bothers me, but Madmick sounds like he needs some new priorities and hobbies in life if he's not going to enact change in the US government to stop drone strikes.

Honestly, for me atleast, the knowledge of how out of whack things are today, has killed my passion for just about everything else.

I feel stupid obsessing about football, or MMA, when I see us on a path, that I believe is basically suicide.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...algorithm-really-killed-thousands-in-pakistan
http://arstechnica.co.uk/security/2...-may-be-killing-thousands-of-innocent-people/
First, yes, they actually named a military program with killer flying robots "SKYNET". They actually fucking did that.

Second, I'm too goddamned depressed right now to say much more in this OP. My country continues to fail me again, and again, and again, and again. I'm still seething from the UN hospital. Still bring that at up at dinner tables. This is not what we are supposed to be, what I want us to be. We are supposed to be a beacon of freedom in the dark; the angels of liberty who would pursue the men who defile this world and oppress the weak, so that all the world would know, that no matter how small you are, or how weak, or scared; shivering, cold, and alone...that the Americans will come for you. That there is someone out there who will not abandon you. That you are a human being and you deserve more than these endlessly repeated failures of our species.
...naming it "skynet"
Wow...

It really is a game to them...

You can't fight a war without collateral damage. If you want to be sure you will never kill any innocent civilians, you should probably just invite the Taliban over here so that they can take the fuck over.
If we had been this squeamish in WW2, this forum would be in German. Guttentag.

nywrdf.jpg

...naming it "skynet"
Wow...

It really is a game to them...

IAO-logo.png

Its always been. I don't think it will change anytime soon. It will eventually, but not in our lifetime.
I'm one of those that see it, has the intelligence to play it, but refuses to. Lots of power for powers sake, and without any purpose beyond. Seems to me, one of the key traits many of us have is that we refuse to justify and legitimize killing to enact change. To bad the wise are forced into caves by those willing to use the club.

IAO-logo.png

Its always been. I don't think it will change anytime soon. It will eventually, but not in our lifetime.
I'm one of those that see it, has the intelligence to play it, but refuses to. Lots of power for powers sake, and without any purpose beyond. Seems to me, one of the key traits many of us have is that we refuse to justify and legitimize killing to enact change. To bad the wise are forced into caves by those willing to use the club.

Unfortunately, I don't think killing
will ever be left behind. Destruction
is too intrinsic to [human]nature.

It's not exactly what I have a problem
with. I mean, killing is horrible and
there are very few true excuses for
it to take place. Especially considering
how far we've come intellectually,
evolutionarily and how much more
connected we are to each other...
we should really be past this primal
bullshit, especially on such a mass
scale.. [how are we any different to
Nazi's at this point?]

but what I have the biggest
problem with is the reasons why we
do it [money, money, and money]-
as well as how impersonal the killing
is being carried out, and the lack of
transparency from the government
carrying out these atrocities.

I highly doubt our freedom is truly
predicated on the amount of brown
people we kill overseas and how
well we keep that information from
our citizens.

The Guardian article did not in any way shape or form imply intent.

Crowd-sourced reporting (not to mention humanitarian expositions) often point to higher incidences of civilian casualties than those we already admit happen. This would corroborate why so much of this is happening. It's like our government has implemented an insurance company's equation for determing what an acceptable level of collateral is. The difference here is that it isn't lost revenue. The collateral is civilian carnage.

Something tells me that, if indeed as many as 15,000+ people were errantly targeted, then probably a healthy chunk of them weren't terrorists.

But no facts and the article was bias from my stand point. I guess we all have our own interpretations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread was delivered cleverly.

But if we're hearing about this now, it's probable that it has been used to kill a lot of innocent people already. I wondered how we were acquiring so many targets for drones without seeming to have deployed the sheer amount of resources required to run this precise of an intelligence network across such a large area. We have no way of verifying what the rates of collateral damage are. I hate this shit.

But if we're hearing about this now, it's probable that it has been used to kill a lot of innocent people already. I wondered how we were acquiring so many targets for drones without seeming to have deployed the sheer amount of resources required to run this precise of an intelligence network across such a large area. We have no way of verifying what the rates of collateral damage are. I hate this shit.
Well the US and allies have drones, satellites and other intel gathering aircraft patrolling the skies over the troubled areas. So they would be able to see some of the troop movements and snoop into communications etc..

We've know about the disproportionate civilians deaths for a while. This article just details how the targets are rationalized based on an algorithm.

We've know about the disproportionate civilians deaths for a while. This article just details how the targets are rationalized based on an algorithm.
It's troubling that we don't have knowledge of how targets get from the end of the metadata analysis to the last moment of a missile. I worry we're far too casual in this step.

It's troubling that we don't have knowledge of how targets get from the end of the metadata analysis to the last moment of a missile. I worry we're far too casual in this step.

We rely on "intelligence", which has failed us time and again to execute SUSPECTED terrorists. The whole mission is fubar.

But no facts and the article was bias from my stand point. I guess we all have our own interpretations.
These articles are literally filled with facts drawn from leaks of actual US government military information. There is no bias shown in any of the technical analyses.

Back