"SKYNET" A.I. Drone Program May Have Killed Thousands of Innocent Pakistanis

I thought this was how the US responds to criticisms, no? They call them precise by citing percentages- 0.008%.
No. That's not even fucking remotely what this story and these articles are about. If you'd read them you'd know that; which, despite that I've already exposed you thrice for sounding off in ignorance, you apparently still have yet to do. Let's try to maybe having a modest clue to the general topic of discussion before the next post, yeah?

No. That's not even fucking remotely what this story and these articles are about. If you'd read them you'd know that; which, despite that I've already exposed you thrice for sounding off in ignorance, you apparently still have yet to do. Let's try to maybe having a modest clue to the general topic of discussion before the next post, yeah?

Sorry, I thought we are able to discuss mildly relevant topics. I enjoy bashing US foreign policy, but since you're not having it, next time I'll avoid posting in your threads.

This is all for fun, no?

This is all for fun, no?
This is an entertainment website, but I tend not to have that 3-letter adjective on my mind when I'm reading about innocent Pakistanis getting blown up because a highly complex equation encountered unexpected randomness in trying to resolve its algorithm.

Yes, you should leave this thread.

Had no idea that automized mediated data procedures were being used in the field but i do know that this technology comes with non lethal testing capabilities; so i am taking this article with a grain of salt.

However, if true, ire should be directed at both countries as Pakistan's is allowing its carrier networks data to be provisioned by another country and even allows its own people / land to be used as sandbox testers.

Sounds fucked up. SKYNET? really?

Seems to me that the CIA shouldnt be playing with military toys, if Pakistan is not doing anything about the rebels then use special forces or USAF airstrikes.

However, if true, ire should be directed at both countries as Pakistan's is allowing its carrier networks data to be provisioned by another country and even allows its own people / land to be used as sandbox testers.
Can't worry bout that. The whale is landed. Gotta keep the whale happy so it stays on the hook.

Obama-bucks-animated-money-gif.gif

I'm too goddamned depressed right now to say much more in this OP. My country continues to fail me again, and again, and again, and again. I'm still seething from the UN hospital. Still bring that at up at dinner tables. This is not what we are supposed to be, what I want us to be. We are supposed to be a beacon of freedom in the dark; the angels of liberty who would pursue the men who defile this world and oppress the weak, so that all the world would know, that no matter how small you are, or how weak, or scared; shivering, cold, and alone...that the Americans will come for you. That there is someone out there who will not abandon you. That you are a human being and you deserve more than these endlessly repeated failures of our species.

tumblr_m8ez5q9vB11r2b0qy.gif
SW_LukeNo1-011.gif

Sounds fucked up. SKYNET? really?

Seems to me that the CIA shouldnt be playing with military toys, if Pakistan is not doing anything about the rebels then use special forces or USAF airstrikes.

Langley has been calling the shots on Drone usage for a long while now and technically Drones are classified as USAF air strikes.

A thousand people is not a fucking genocide.
This isn't served by hyperbole.
I don't think genocide requires a body count larger than a thousand, it just refers to the deliberate killing of a large group of people of a specific ethnic, tribal, or religious group and a thousand people is certainly a large group.

Still isn't genocide because it wasn't deliberate, quite the opposite. This is an appalling level of criminal negligence.

i mean i guess it's better than a human controlled drone killing people, in that it wasn't a specific person's actions that were blamed (or maybe whomever designed the algorithm). I work relatively often w/ drone pilots from the USMC at my job, i've uh heard some pretty crazy shit

This shit sounds like it would be some plot of some movie villain, alas it's the US government. Shiieeettt

That article was pretty biased I must say in its attempts to act like mass random killing of people is the objective. Incorrect internal problems need to be addressed and will be. It is also important to note that the Pakistani government allows the US and allies to operate. So this isn't some imperial campaign like some will try and spin it. AI drones also just sound like a bad idea.

55 million people have their metadata churned into this NSA program that classifies them as terrorist or not with a fairly good percentage of correct results(99.82%)

However that meant 100k innocent people would be labeled terrorists.

Is this not one of if not the most significant point in choosing privacy over security?! And they most undoubtedly run a similar program on Americans as it stands now!!

This is madness, and I say it as an asshole without giving much of a shit about those poor Pakistanis who were murdered!

This is an entertainment website, but I tend not to have that 3-letter adjective on my mind when I'm reading about innocent Pakistanis getting blown up because a highly complex equation encountered unexpected randomness in trying to resolve its algorithm.

Yes, you should leave this thread.
Its not even unexpected randomness, those parameters are known and taken into account when any large scale numerical operation is conducted.

That article was pretty biased I must say in its attempts to act like mass random killing of people is the objective. Incorrect internal problems need to be addressed and will be. It is also important to note that the Pakistani government allows the US and allies to operate. So this isn't some imperial campaign like some will try and spin it. AI drones also just sound like a bad idea.
The implication is much much larger than this and dontsnitch's attention span

Wow two issues being fucked up AI and its dangerous and even bigger is the idiot muricans and their tech of death and how easily they will use it and suck them selves of as if they are the good guys. Evil fucking empire that needs to be destroyed at any cost in any way.

Mixing that stupidity with a line of code getting or whatever corrupt and going rogue striking any targets till its arsenal is used up.

Fucking scary something like this is actually already happening.

Back