Skinny Weakling Putting on Raw Mass

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by FinishfromMount, May 7, 2008.

1. FinishfromMount

FinishfromMount Banned Banned

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my story, because i'm new to Working out and wanted to se e what you guys thought.

I've been really tall and lanky all my life. I used to be 6"2 and 157 pounds, with visible ribs and all, lol. So in the past six months, i've gone on a campaign with a high protein, high fat diet, six meals a day sometimes, and heavy lifting two times a week.

Thats all i have time for, although i'm sure you guys say i should lift more. I Squat and Deadlift and don't do anything really for definition, because i'm so skinny and ripped anyway.

So in the past 6 months i put on 20 pounds, i now stand at 6"2 177 pounds. I'm still kinda skinny, but my arms fill up my arm holes on my smaller shirts lol. My body puts on the weight pretty well, it goes straight to my arms, legs, and chest. (Also Ass).

I am getting lazier though when not lifting, i used to be fidgety and and jump at the slightest sound, now i'm getting more sluggish as the pounds come on, is this to be expected?

2. Donut62

Donut62 Black Belt

Good job on gaining and squatting and deadlifting.

What?

3. Oblivian

Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

You may be "lazier" because you aren't so lazy anymore...get it? What were you doing before you started working out? Any sort of physical activity? What I meant by the first statement is that you may feel lazy because you are tired from your heavy lifting. You were "wired" before because you didn't use that energy lifting.
    Now that I am getting pretty serious into strength and conditioning, I sleep 8-10 hours a day. When I was partying a lot in college and not really working out much, I only slept 6 hours. I'm not lazier now; I was a hell of a lot lazier then.

4. Ukraiina

Ukraiina Blue Belt

Damn 20 lbs in six months. How many of those pounds are actual muscle? Thats impressive. What kinds of lifts were you focusing on mainly?

5. vince89

vince89 Banned Banned

Ive put on 20lbs in six months too. Im as lean if not leaner than I used to be. Im not going to say its all muscle, but a decent amount of it must be because if I put on 20lbs of fat Im pretty sure I would notice.

6. SinCollector

SinCollector Orange Belt

7. Orion

Orion Brown Belt

What's the reason for the "high fat" diet ? Are you eating plenty of healthy fats?

8. mariospoiry

mariospoiry Guest

Skinny people are notorious for fidgeting and not staying still. If you look at someone with a wiry physique i bet their playing with their pen or tapping or something. Whereas a person with a good deal of fat on them will be sitting there looking pretty relaxed and docile.

9. Mochawk

Mochawk Banned Banned

I'd say it's expected. It depends on your body comp on how much fat mass v musc mass you put on. Since you've been training for 6 months, you've hit the maintenance period. If it's muscle mass you've put on, the sluggish ness likely is coming from the shift of the muscle fibers from type I to IIa; type I are very easy to recruit in movement, hence the fidgeting alot, type II tad bit slower hence the sluggish.

Or it could be just the general fat addition

10. chia

chia POWER OF THE GLOW

:icon_cry2:icon_cry2:icon_cry2

Please don't make assumptions or posts like this without at least doing some research beforehand.

11. Barut

Barut Banned Banned

Lusst there are some fucking idiots in need of the ban in this thread.

12. Donut62

Donut62 Black Belt

You did a pretty good job of trying to sound like you know something. I give you a D- for the effort.

13. enright3060

enright3060 Brown Belt

This thread has a lot of solid info. I give it an A.

14. HULKAMANIA

HULKAMANIA Blue Belt

Mochawk, when you look at yourself in the mirror, does it ever bother you that you just make shit up?

15. sway_dizzle

sway_dizzle Yellow Belt

i put on 10 lbs in 3 weeks :)

16. HULKAMANIA

HULKAMANIA Blue Belt

I put on 8 lbs in one day.

It's called a gallon of water.

17. Rare Chestnuts

Rare Chestnuts Banned Banned

You have an impressive bladder.

18. omgitsrick

omgitsrick Green Belt

You're probably tired and sore from the lifting, thats all. And wtf is that dude talking about with Type 1 and 2 muscles. Do you mean slow vs fast twitch?

19. SinCollector

SinCollector Orange Belt

At first I thought this comment was ridiculous. . .then I noticed my skinny-ass leg twitching away as I read. :icon_chee There may be something to that.

20. Zerocrew1984

Zerocrew1984 Banned Banned

*is relaxed and docile*