Skill wise, Is Emmett’s ceiling Prime Mendes?

Lol... Is this even a serious question? Who the fuck is Emmett close to Mendes? A NOBODY.

Featherweight has the weakest champion it has had for years. Josh, and several others in the top 10 could feasibly be champ by the end of the year if UFC didn't waste our time with the Holloway rematch

Prime Mendes:
Great boxing technique
Could make reads
Could figure out his opponent’s timing quickly
Great ring craft
Better takedowns
More athleticism

Current Emmett:
Throws the same combo over and over again
Hits harder
Trys to do TJ Dillashaw shifting footwork

Conor KO'd prime Chad in 2 rounds with one knee.

Your mouth filled with some Irish balls? That's all you came in here to do in a thread that really didn't concern him. Gargle ya fucking goof.

That Mendes/Aldo 2 fight is still the 145 GOAT fight. That was Aldo at his best too. When he got up out of those takedowns in seconds, reversed one into mount. Before he started fading he was so good.

Dummies still forget Mendes was a full camp away from beating Conor, imo.

Aldo vs Mendes 2 is one of the greatest fights in the history of mma. Even more meaningful considering it was for a belt.

Rumored. Ortega will not take the fight. If he does he will pull out. He's been offered the fight 3 times & accepted just once(pulled out).
Ahhh. For some reason I thought it was official. Probably a fake Twitter post. Well in that case screw Ortega. If he keeps being a bitch, book Emmett vs Zombie. I personally think that’s a better fight anyways.

Featherweight has the weakest champion it has had for years. Josh, and several others in the top 10 could feasibly be champ by the end of the year if UFC didn't waste our time with the Holloway rematch

..... have you been drinking or are you just really bad at judging MMA

Mendes was legitimately one of the best athletes we've ever seen at featherweight. Emmett is a good athlete, Mendes was gifted.

Skill wise, I'd also have a hard time seeing Mendes get murder killed by Stephens. He was a better wrestler and more versatile.

Josh hits really hard and is willing to spam big shots. His ceiling may be right around what we just saw - a controversial decision with a guy like Burgos. Good, but not top of the food chain.

It'll be interesting to see how Emmett does in his next few fights against top ranked opponents.

How was it controversial? Emmett whooped his ass clearly in rounds 1&3.

Reactions: JSN
He's 35, so this is his ceiling. It's a shame because he's very, very good but he probably doesn't have too long left in the sport.

They are 2 months apart in age....

Mendes was the better fighter and had better skills. Also fought better competition.

no one is beating Volkanovski for a long time
That's fair, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kattar, Jung or even Emmett beat Volk tbh. Hollloway is just a good match-up for him. A Cejudo fight would probably be competitive too

Remember last night when Anik quoted Emmett as saying “most of my power is natural”? I lol’d.

Back