Skill-Level of TUF Smashes vs TUF 16

I am confused. Is the comparison between the two shows (neither of which I watched much) or the finales this weekend, both of which I found entertaining. But I watched for the fights other than the TUF folks.

The Colton - Ricci match has to be a disappointment. If you are Canadian you are hiding this morning because it was like everything you ever heard about Canadian men being surrender monkeys was on display. That guy did absolutely nothing but let himself get humped. He probably should take a pregnancy test.

watched both and was entertained by both.
figured lombard would get the ko.
i am also dissapointed in canada. i think he came in under prepaired thinking he was a much better fighter than he is.

I liked the Smashes but I agree, the finales were weak to be fair. TUF 16 wasnt even enjoyable though and the finale was a fitting way to end the series. None of the winners have a great future, IMO, but all will probably flit around in the UFC for years to come.

A) Ricci-Smith was the only match up from the show

B) Really? Did you not see the front kick KO? The awesome back and forth battle between Donovan and Penner? Mendes' one punch KO? Wilkinson-Scott? Not mention Pearson running roughshod over G-Sot.

Calling UFC on FX 6 "atrocious" is some serious hyperbole. There has been so much worse. I thought it was a great card.

this

but it wasnt a great card

:eek:

i think both seasons of the show was pretty shit, i stopped watching both after week 6 and instead just read the write ups the day after each episode.

but both of the final shows were awesome.

Is this a troll?? Both cards were entertaining as hell.

The TUF 16 finale fight was a great representation of the entire TUF 16 Season: BORING. All the other fights were great and all the fights on the Smashes finale card (whichever that was) were awesome. I was very happy with the UFC this weekend and last.

obviously trolling the smashes finale was awesome i even piad $175 to see it live and it was worth it just to see the building erupt when lombard went nuts.

I struggle to see how you can judge the level of talent of the two reality shows on the basis on the Finales.

I think TUF 16 only having the Final on the Finale says it all. Smashes was a much higher standard in my opinion.

The only fight from TUF 16 was Colton vs Ricci and I wouldn't call that a high level fight lol.

The TUF 16 Card was good but had no one from the show on it so obviously it was going to have fighters that are more experienced.

Smashes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TUF 16

A little off topic but did I really hear Dana say they were going to do the Smashes again in Australia?

So much for the "I get it now" comments about The Ashes rivalry and general sporting disdain for each other between England and Australia. If he gets it, then surely it should be in the UK next.

Plus if he gets it, then it would be run like The Ashes with a clear winner. He would have done one weight class so that it's clear he won The Smashes, as with two it was UK winner in Lightweight and Australian in Welter, although I guess you could say UK wins using the coaches as a play off.

Back