Skill-Level of TUF Smashes vs TUF 16

dissolved

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Smashes was one of the worst prelims/main-cards I've ever seen. Outside of the Palhares/Lombard bout (which I don't think necessarily proved a lot as I thought Rousimar was overrated for a long time anyway), I thought the card was atrocious. Like awful. I PVRed and then erased it almost instantly. 4/10.

TUF 16 was GREAT! 9/10. Best finale since TUF 6 Finale (Hughes vs Serra - my personal favorite).

Anyway, one event looked D level (maybe E level even), one looked A level. The worst thing to happen to the TUF 16 ratings was TUF Smashes the night before.

Last edited:
Tuf 16 finale didn't include any match ups from the show.

I liked The Smashes season, but if we talk about the finale I have to go wiith tuf 16 even if Colton won...

I watched neither but from what I heard The Smashes was clearly superior show and apparently fighters were also better or at least more focused.

A) Ricci-Smith was the only match up from the show

B) Really? Did you not see the front kick KO? The awesome back and forth battle between Donovan and Penner? Mendes' one punch KO? Wilkinson-Scott? Not mention Pearson running roughshod over G-Sot.

Calling UFC on FX 6 "atrocious" is some serious hyperbole. There has been so much worse. I thought it was a great card.

I watched neither but from what I heard The Smashes was clearly superior show and apparently fighters were also better or at least more focused.

Lol . . . Didnt watch the show, but I wouldn't be surprised of it was because of the drama between George and Ross. Regardless, the Finale was almost unwatchable. I'm not a "finishes are the only the things that matter" guy, but I saw low-level skill straight across the board. Just terrible.

Each to their own but I think you are mental. That was an awesome card that capped off an awesome series.

TUF 16 was shite but I haven't watched the finale yet, I have it on my TiVo box to watch tonight.

Robert Whittaker > TUF 16.

And he's only 21.

So, no.

A) Ricci-Smith was the only match up from the show

B) Really? Did you not see the front kick KO? The awesome back and forth battle between Donovan and Penner? Mendes' one punch KO? Wilkinson-Scott? Not mention Pearson running roughshod over G-Sot.

Calling UFC on FX 6 "atrocious" is some serious hyperbole. There has been so much worse. I thought it was a great card.

Donavon/Penner looked like a bout between two fighters in their first pro fight. The Mendez bout should have never happened - complete mismatch on short notice. Pearson/Sot was sloppy, awful.

Both main cards were very entertaining, apart from Ricci getting raped. Meathead had no chance :(

TUF 16 had one fight from the show and it was the worst fight of the night by far. The only fight I hated was the Mike Pierce fight, but I already knew that was gonna happen.

I really enjoyed TUF Smashes Finale. I have no idea what you`re talking about. Many great fights.

Both cards were a lot of fun. Great weekend for MMA fans.

I thought both cards were very entertaining.

I do agree with you if you're saying Colton and Ricci could most likely beat either Smashes finalist in either division.

Basically, TS, no one agrees with you.

Lol . . . Didnt watch the show, but I wouldn't be surprised of it was because of the drama between George and Ross. Regardless, the Finale was almost unwatchable. I'm not a "finishes are the only the things that matter" guy, but I saw low-level skill straight across the board. Just terrible.

Unwatchable? Really? I don't know what you watch when you watch MMA but this has been an amazing weekend full of MMA

I preferred the smashes finale, better fights, some great finishes. The HW fights on tuf16 finale were good too though.

Robert Wittaker and Norman Parke will do much better in the UFC than Colton will, Colton can't punch or kick, and he couldn't submit chael sonnen if he was tied up.

The smashes contestants were better than TUF 16, so much so that the majority of the cast got put on the finale whereas TUF 16's fighters got let go because they all stunk.

I hope they give Magny a chance in the UFC though.

Back