Sizing discrepancy in Bad Boy board shorts?

Torrid

Cunning Linguist
@Gold
Reaction score
I've had a pair of Bad Boy Legacy (Red/Black) shorts for about six months in the size XL and they fit perfect. So much so, that when I saw that MMAjoes.com was selling them at a heavily discounted price, I jumped at the chance to buy another pair in the same style.

The same site was also offering Bad Boy silver/black shorts and blue/white shorts, so I decided to pick up a pair of each of those as well.

http://www.mmajoes.com/Bad-Boy-MMA-Shorts--BlackSilver_p_7341.html

http://www.mmajoes.com/Bad-Boy-MMA-Shorts--BlueWhite_p_7340.html

Well, they arrived promptly in the mail with their 7.95$ flat rate shipping (actually, I think it only took two days to arrive, I was really impressed with their delivery) and I tried them all on. The Legacy shorts fit just like my previous ones, no problem - they looked and felt great, so I was ecstatic with the deal.

However, I decided to get the other two shorts in XXL because I wanted two pairs that were really baggy and a bit longer. At first I was worried that they might be too big, but to my surprise they're shockingly small! They're actually smaller than the Legacy shorts that are supposed to be a size smaller. I checked the tags to make sure, and they say XXL. I went back to check the site to make sure I hadn't purchased a youth size or something and didn't see any indication.

I guess my question is: what the hell is up with Bad Boy sizing?

That is strange. Maybe it was a screw up putting on the size label. I have quite a few pairs of Bad Boy shorts and they all fit as labeled. Thats all I can think of. And yes...I also love the Legacy shorts:)

I picked up a pair of the blue and white shorts from mmajoes and they were very small. The waist was fine but the fit closer to bicycle shorts instead of board shorts.

I got mine at the store when I first started kickboxing. They were a little bigger so I had to buy 1 size smaller. Good thing I tried it on. The rashguards were big too. No discrepancies.

I got mine at the store when I first started kickboxing. They were a little bigger so I had to buy 1 size smaller. Good thing I tried it on. The rashguards were big too. No discrepancies.

Well, see, this is what I'm wondering now - am I just getting screwed by MMAjoes.com? Because Jaime81 and I are both experiencing the same issue, while you say your store bought ones are fine or even a size bigger. I bought mine literally a size bigger than the ones I already own and they were still too small - it makes no sense.

Last edited:
Back