Sizing discrepancy in Bad Boy board shorts?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Torrid, May 17, 2014.

1. Torrid

Torrid Cunning Linguist

I've had a pair of Bad Boy Legacy (Red/Black) shorts for about six months in the size XL and they fit perfect. So much so, that when I saw that MMAjoes.com was selling them at a heavily discounted price, I jumped at the chance to buy another pair in the same style.

The same site was also offering Bad Boy silver/black shorts and blue/white shorts, so I decided to pick up a pair of each of those as well.

http://www.mmajoes.com/Bad-Boy-MMA-Shorts--BlackSilver_p_7341.html

http://www.mmajoes.com/Bad-Boy-MMA-Shorts--BlueWhite_p_7340.html

Well, they arrived promptly in the mail with their 7.95$ flat rate shipping (actually, I think it only took two days to arrive, I was really impressed with their delivery) and I tried them all on. The Legacy shorts fit just like my previous ones, no problem - they looked and felt great, so I was ecstatic with the deal.

However, I decided to get the other two shorts in XXL because I wanted two pairs that were really baggy and a bit longer. At first I was worried that they might be too big, but to my surprise they're shockingly small! They're actually smaller than the Legacy shorts that are supposed to be a size smaller. I checked the tags to make sure, and they say XXL. I went back to check the site to make sure I hadn't purchased a youth size or something and didn't see any indication.

I guess my question is: what the hell is up with Bad Boy sizing?

2. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

That is strange. Maybe it was a screw up putting on the size label. I have quite a few pairs of Bad Boy shorts and they all fit as labeled. Thats all I can think of. And yes...I also love the Legacy shorts:)

3. Jaime81

Jaime81 Green Belt

I picked up a pair of the blue and white shorts from mmajoes and they were very small. The waist was fine but the fit closer to bicycle shorts instead of board shorts.

4. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

I got mine over time off MMAHQ.

5. Deathstriker

Deathstriker I eat Simba and wear his skin

I got mine at the store when I first started kickboxing. They were a little bigger so I had to buy 1 size smaller. Good thing I tried it on. The rashguards were big too. No discrepancies.

6. Torrid

Torrid Cunning Linguist

Well, see, this is what I'm wondering now - am I just getting screwed by MMAjoes.com? Because Jaime81 and I are both experiencing the same issue, while you say your store bought ones are fine or even a size bigger. I bought mine literally a size bigger than the ones I already own and they were still too small - it makes no sense.

Last edited: May 17, 2014