Size/weight disparity: Stipe/Maldonado vs Tito/Shlemenko

Exactly. And people all over this forum are trying to claim Alex is a better fighter and only lost because of weight discrepancy which I completely disagree with.

Lyoto is the best example of this as he weighed in alarmist identical to Alex and doesn't cut any weight, obviously as he weighs in at 201 and such.

Lyoto is shredded at middleweight and very lean at LHW. Shmelenko is pudgy at MW and stuffing himself with chocolate cake to gain weight for the tito fight.

tito was not only much bigger and stronger, but he is a much more skilled grappler. he wouldve won in less than a minute if his takedowns were what they used to be

nate diaz wouldnt have gotten head and arm choked that easily. alex defended that sub like toney defended against couture

Tito took down rashad in their first fight. In the second fight he got out wrestled badly. I also don't remember him taking forest down in their third, I remember he was on top, but that was from a knockdown rather than TD if I recall correctly. That's why i stated that at this point in his career tito can't put most LHWs on their backs.

Disagree, Tito does have good graplling, but his TDs are bad nowadays. I don't think he'd be able to drag a lhw down like that.

Tito dropped Rashad on his butt early in the 2nd fight but his back was upright. Still a takedown. Tito dropped and took down Forrest in the 3rd round of their last fight. Basically Tito got Danaed/robbed in the Forrest fight but that's another discussion

Back