Size/weight disparity: Stipe/Maldonado vs Tito/Shlemenko

Edmond Rousey

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Is the size disparity between Stipe & Maldonado comparable to that between Tito & Shlemenko?

montage-fmaldonado-stipemiocic.jpg

titoshlemenko.jpg

Alex should be a WW, Tito is a huge LHW.

Maldonado is a chubby/soft LHW while Stipe is a solid 245.

So yeah, very similar and these fights should not be happening, but props to Alex and Fabio.

Yeah, the weight disparity is pretty similar. Then again, it's not much different than Bigfoot/Cain either. If I was Maldonado I'd be more worried about Stipe's skills, and less about his weight.

Shlemenko had to put on a bunch of weight and weighed in at only 201

Rashad cuts to 205

1278594304.g.jpg

wow man. Wanderlei is a big muscular MW, but Storm is definitely in the wrong class. He's smaller than most WW's for christ's sake. Anyway he kicks ass at MW so al is well.

edit: pretty sure the huge LW's like Tibau, Bendo, Thomson are heavier than shlemenko at MW.

Last edited:
Shlemenko had to put on a bunch of weight and weighed in at only 201

Rashad cuts to 205

1278594304.g.jpg

Rashad doesn't cut that much to 205 that really isn't true. He's like how Machida used to be he cuts like 2-3 pounds.

He's even talked about moving down to 185.

What's even more ridiculous is that Shlamenko wouldn't have got any credit for winning

Weight classes exist for a reason

What's even more ridiculous is that Shlamenko wouldn't have got any credit for winning

Weight classes exist for a reason

Eh people are way overstating the weight difference.

Lyoto used to fight at 205 and just like Shlemenko he cut 0-pounds and would often weigh in at like 201 and stuff like that. And look he's the champ. Hell he fought Tito and destroyed him weighing in at like 203 and gaining no weight.

So essentially, he weighed no more than Shlmeneko did every time he fought at 205. So I'm really tired of hearing this BS, I get that Tito is bigger than Alex but that's not the reason he lost, sorry. His grappling is just very bad. Lyoto weighed 2-pounds more and fought a better version of Tito.

Eh people are way overstating the weight difference.

Lyoto used to fight at 205 and just like Shlemenko he cut 0-pounds and would often weigh in at like 201 and stuff like that. And look he's the champ. Hell he fought Tito and destroyed him weighing in at like 203 and gaining no weight.

So essentially, he weighed no more than Shlmeneko did every time he fought at 205. So I'm really tired of hearing this BS, I get that Tito is bigger than Alex but that's not the reason he lost, sorry. His grappling is just very bad. Lyoto weighed 2-pounds more and fought a better version of Tito.

Lyoto is 2 inches taller though

Size isn't just about weight

Lyoto is 2 inches taller though

Size isn't just about weight

Oh come on dude like two inches makes any kind of significant difference. Especially in grappling which is how we all knew Tito was going to try and win the fight.

Sorry, size just isn't much of a factor if you're a better fighter. Rashad was short too and just decimated Tito.

Lyoto would always weigh in under the limit and would consistently beat top-5 fighters. In fact I don't think weight ever had a factor in him losing any fight.

I can list 100 other examples of weight not making a huge difference, hell Cain is consistently fighting guys who weigh 15+ more pounds and are way taller and he keeps crushing them. In fact, I don't think Cain has fought someone even close to his size in years.

I could keep going with lots of fighters in similar situations but I think I made my point, Shlmenko lost because of skill. If Tito would have LnP him or wall-grinded using his size I might agree, but he got subbed in like a minute after being taken down, that's not weight advantage.

Gunnar Nelson subbed BJJ Black belt and Heavyweight Jeff Monson and he weighs 170 pounds.

Rashad doesn't cut that much to 205 that really isn't true. He's like how Machida used to be he cuts like 2-3 pounds.

Way to just make things up to support your bullshit

[YT]qL1-dazdYZ4[/YT]

[YT]qL1-dazdYZ4[/YT]

212.5 on the day of the fight, after half a week of already cutting weight.
Probably 220 on fight night.

Bigfoot also talked about moving to LHW and fighting Thiago Silva.

[YT]qL1-dazdYZ4[/YT]

212.5 on the day of the fight, after half a week of already cutting weight.
Probably 220 on fight night.

Bigfoot also talked about moving to LHW and fighting Thiago Silva.

Okay? What's your explanation for Lyoto who weighs in at 203 and then crushes Tito? I like when I post like 10-points and then people single out 1 and think they are smart.

Oh yeah totally made it up douche.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/2/44...ddleweight-drop-sexy-fight-anderson-silva-mma

Sorry the Bellator champ lost to an over the hill fighter who now has 2-wins in 7 years.

Read my above post for more explanation on why size isn't a huge factor.

You linked an article that said he would consider moving down to MW, Frank fucking Mir once considered moving down to LHW.

You made up your bullshit about Rashad cutting only a few pounds and you're the douchebag.

Some people have no fucking humility or integrity, funny how they usually tend to be idiots as well.

Okay? What's your explanation for Lyoto who weighs in at 203 and then crushes Tito? I like when I post like 10-points and then people single out 1 and think they are smart.

You seem to be extremely upset, calm down. I specifically quoted your Rashad post because you were making shit up.

You know why Lyoto defeats Tito? Because he's the much better fighter.

You linked an article that said he would consider moving down to MW, Frank fucking Mir once considered moving down to LHW.

You made up your bullshit about Rashad cutting only a few pounds and you're the douchebag.

Some people have no fucking humility or integrity, funny how they usually tend to be idiots as well.

You're mad it's alright.

Why would I have humility? Rashad has stated MULTIPLE TIMES he'd like to give 185 a go. Especially when Anderson was champ.

And the fact is that wasn't my main point, it was focusing on size discrepancy with Lyoto Cain and many other fighters. Rashad I just threw in there because someone brought him up.

You're the idiot. Keep crying. If he weighed in at 212 on fight day he cut 7 pounds in a week. That's not very much at all if you understand anything about cutting weight.

Not to mention as I've stated a million times now, not my main point. Just something I threw in extra when people were talking about how height made a difference.

You have a Fedor quote in your sig, you of all people should know size is not much of a factor.

You know why Lyoto defeats Tito? Because he's the much better fighter.

Exactly. And people all over this forum are trying to claim Alex is a better fighter and only lost because of weight discrepancy which I completely disagree with.

Lyoto is the best example of this as he weighed in alarmist identical to Alex and doesn't cut any weight, obviously as he weighs in at 201 and such.

Back