Size of food

Do you get put off at all?

I've gone off burgers because as soon as they arrive they're massive. I would be happy with a 3rd of it with a 3rd of the fries.

Why are people here so greedy?
My wife and I frequently have an entree and an appetizer to split between us when we go out for that same reason.

My wife and I frequently have an entree and an appetizer to split between us when we go out for that same reason.
She and you are brilliant. Husband once split eggs benedict knowing it would come with potatoes and I would blanch at it. He has a healthy appetite but knew two of them with a load of potatoes would make me feel ill.

116988710-young-woman-with-flags-of-english-speaking-countries-english-female-student-with-the-british-flag-at.jpg

59424bcbda634114d7c828277a53c4d3.jpg

Just ate a dozen wings, a handful of meatballs and a sub loaded with veggies.

*Burp*

Load me up! First time eating in 24hrs so whatever.

America is actually getting better in that regard.

While some restaurants still focus on gluttony and massive quantiles of food over quality, you can find many more options nowadays.

I'll never forget as kids, our first few visits to the US and ordering food in restaurants the same way we would in Canada and these grotesquely massive portions of bland good would hit the table that seemed to us to be enough for twice as many people as we were at the table.

It was such a turn off.

I used to eat those big ass burgers & other huge foods in my teens & 20s. Playing sports & working out required mass consumption of fuel. Now days, I mostly eat smaller portions but sometimes more frequently. The munchies may or may not play a roll.

<{ohyeah}>

I get excited if it's meaty.

Mainly because I live in a world where portions are too small because I'm bigger.

In my restaurant I would measure people's height and weight as they came in, then their food would be exactly the amount they need to sustain themselves plus a tiny extra because it's a night out.
That's what she said.

I used to eat those big ass burgers & other huge foods in my teens & 20s. Playing sports & working out required mass consumption of fuel. Now days, I mostly eat smaller portions but sometimes more frequently. The munchies may or may not play a roll.

<{ohyeah}>
I just don't understand the need for such gigantic food waste or gluttony in this country. It's quite horrible.

/disclaimer: I love this country. I just don't want to be a fatass resident.

Do you get put off at all?

I've gone off burgers because as soon as they arrive they're massive. I would be happy with a 3rd of it with a 3rd of the fries.

Why are people here so greedy?

Because Murica!!!

What are you a commie? LOL

Some of the abominations that were put in front of me over there were just horrifying... no wonder they're horrendously overweight...

Yeah, I'd imagine with such a dramatic fluctuation, you've probably had to buy all new briefs a few different times

Totally not creepy asking a female poster about her underwear online... not at all...

The fuck?

I suspect the companies that sell the beef are conglomerated at some level with the fast food chains, and waste is good business

I saw this long ago. No wonder Americans are generally overweight.

EDIT: Apparently there is a newer update that compares Japan to US portion.

Japanese options look much better.

You should try the Cheesecake Factory, their servings are tiny. You’ll love it!

Because Murica!!!

What are you a commie? LOL

Some of the abominations that were put in front of me over there were just horrifying... no wonder they're horrendously overweight...
I just don't understand the tower burgers. How is that something to look at and not think it would take a week to eat?
I have a healthy enough appetite but that puts me off for days.

I just don't understand the tower burgers. How is that something to look at and not think it would take a week to eat?
I have a healthy enough appetite but that puts me off for days.

I was tempted to go to the heart attack grill in Vegas as I was walking right past it... I decided not too and I'm sure my arteries are better off for it.

Just because something is big, doesn't mean it's good.

I was tempted to go to the heart attack grill in Vegas as I was walking right past it... I decided not too and I'm sure my arteries are better off for it.

Just because something is big, doesn't mean it's good.
I've heard about it. The fact people go there as a challenge is...worrisome.

Back