Size of food

Yeah some burgers are stupidly high. I have no shame in cutting it in half to eat it. If I know I'm gonna be eating out then I like to be proper hungry. The thoughts of a brie starter, juicy burger and a slab of choc fudge with a coffee sounds quite nice. Might do that later

Do you get put off at all?

I've gone off burgers because as soon as they arrive they're massive. I would be happy with a 3rd of it with a 3rd of the fries.

Why are people here so greedy?

I think it's a female thing and has something to do with plate and portion size. I've known a few women that don't like food mountains on their plate but will happily take several smaller portions from a main bowl.

First time I went to Europe 25 years ago as a teenager from Canada, I noticed the soft drink went down a size oversea. What was medium is actually large in Europe. 5 years later, I went to Japan, and noticed the soft drink actually went down two sizes. That was an early correlation I saw between obesity and consumption of sugar back then when people were still thinking consumption of fat was the primary cause of obesity.

I get excited if it's meaty.

Mainly because I live in a world where portions are too small because I'm bigger.

In my restaurant I would measure people's height and weight as they came in, then their food would be exactly the amount they need to sustain themselves plus a tiny extra because it's a night out.

I think it's a female thing and has something to do with plate and portion size. I've known a few women that don't like food mountains on their plate but will happily take several smaller portions from a main bowl.
I'm a previous overweight person to severely underweight person so I doubt I fit the brief.

Anywhore.

Do you get put off at all?

I've gone off burgers because as soon as they arrive they're massive. I would be happy with a 3rd of it with a 3rd of the fries.

Why are people here so greedy?

Recently moved to Europe from Canada and the portion sizes here are so much smaller, it's way better

Especially ice cream! In canada you get a fucking gallon of shit quality ice cream on a cone and it costs you 7,8 bucks. Here you get a few moderate mouthfuls of nice Gelato which is totally adequate to scratch the itch, and it costs a couple bucks.

Vastly superior system!

I do miss ridiculous north American sized coffees though. I don't like ordering something I need to hold with only a finger and thumb, like some kind of princess.

I get excited if it's meaty.

Mainly because I live in a world where portions are too small because I'm bigger.

In my restaurant I would measure people's height and weight as they came in, then their food would be exactly the amount they need to sustain themselves plus a tiny extra because it's a night out.
Your "bigger" is in proportion.

Do you know The Firehouse in Curry Rivel? Their portions are nice sized.

I know I have issues with it, it's in hand though.

It really shouldn't be that difficult and it isn't if you prepare all your own food....... It gets infinitely more difficult when you eat out or buy prepared food.......... those guys love to get you to spend more and end up eating more........ I know you understand.

If its meant to be cut up it doesnt bother me.
If its meant to be eaten like a sandwich in one piece or cut in half depending on the bread but I have to unhinged my jaw like a snake to eat it, it can fuck right off cuz you missed the point of a sandwich.
EiNG2rMWkAEcCAX.jpg
Something like this is stupid and gross and youre gonna look like you went down on a tub of lard while you are eating it or have to use a knife and fork so you look like a fucking child.

Plus when people get a burger that big they often send it back to have the kitchen cut it in half which is really fucking annoying if we are busy.
Food comes out of the kitchen we dont want it back. Especially if we are fucking slammed. (unless you are physically incapable of handling it yourself)
I think cutting another mans food up for him (if it isnt meant to he served that way) is one of the most bitchmade requests you can have ever and is usually followed up with "does he want me to spoonfeed it to him also".
And the thing is. People will refuse to cut it themself if we give them the utensils.
Their is excuse is often "I dont want to touch the food" because apparently after the burger has been cut in half they use their Jedi force powers to levitate the food and have it float into their mouths.

Last edited:
Back