Six strokes for lesbian sex (Malaysia about to punish lesbian couple)

Glad im an atheist and aint stuck in the bronze age

Oh so predictable. You can do better than that, son. Surely?

...do African Christians not count? They make up almost 1 in 4 Christians, and probably a much higher percentage if level of devoutness is considered.

Did you only mean European Christians?

Different culture, who are we to judge?

Am I doing that right?

5adc3905-6dcf-400e-8bd6-9ad4e6685dd9_text_hi.gif
The butthurt it created because it's in their constitution that only from the malay stock would a prime minister be chosen.

...do African Christians not count? They make up almost 1 in 4 Christians, and probably a much higher percentage if level of devoutness is considered.

Did you only mean European Christians?
Lol. Even in backward Africa there is quite a discrepancy between Muslims and Christians. In terrorism, in attitudes towards other religions, apostasy, homosexuality. I’ll give you a guess which group is a bit more enlightened. Are you seriously going there?

Now here’s where you bring up Kony and the LRA.

Lol. Even in backward Africa there is quite a discrepancy between Muslims and Christians. In terrorism, in attitudes towards other religions, apostasy, homosexuality. I’ll give you a guess which group is a bit more enlightened. Are you seriously going there?

Now here’s where you bring up Kony and the LRA.

Are we still talking about treatment of gays or did you want to start a discussion comparing Christians and Muslims in general?

Are we still talking about treatment of gays or did you want to start a discussion comparing Christians and Muslims in general?
Enough.I can't handle the shame being born catholic. The whataboutism is making me go to an imam and convert.

Enough.I can't handle the shame being born catholic. The whataboutism is making me go to an imam and convert.

Lol. I'm proudly Catholic. Obviously, I think all other religions, including Islam, are subpar.

I just think it's funny to watch heathen protestant conservatives squirm at the idea that culture dictates behavior more than religion does.

I’m happy with either. They both would lead a logical fair-minded person to the same conclusion.

I’m happy with either. They both would lead a logical fair-minded person to the same conclusion.

I'm happy with either as well, but the former seems more appropriate to this thread.

So lets go back to your question of who treats gays better. Religious people tend to behave very differently depending on their location and culture. For example, I think African Christians treat gays far worse than European muslims. Overall, I think the attitudes toward gays are largely the same in both religions, but since there aren't really any countries that practice strictly Biblical law, Christian countries tend to punish homosexuality less harshly.

Is that fair minded? Do you agree? Disagree?

I don't really know if there is. If it isn't "totally unacceptable" then what is it? If it is anyway unacceptable, then there has to be a way to disincentivize it, and legal punishment is the only measure we have. In our legal system, we have fines and sentencing. In theirs, they have caning.

The difference is more in the systems of punishment, I'd argue, than in the mentality toward the behavior.
some people who simply dont really like homos, want to bake them a cake, or want to socialize with them, or dont even want them to be allowed to be married legally isnt anything like a system where being found gay lands you in jail, thrown off a building, whipped or stoned. people vote on these things. There would have been someone running on the “I will have :eek::eek::eek:s thrown off buildings if you vote me in” platform if there was a single politician that thought that would garner votes.

some people who simply dont really like homos, want to bake them a cake, or want to socialize with them, or dont even want them to be allowed to be married legally isnt anything like a system where being found gay lands you in jail, thrown off a building, whipped or stoned. people vote on these things. There would have been someone running on the “I will have :eek::eek::eek:s thrown off buildings if you vote me in” platform if there was a single politician that thought that would garner votes.

You're still thinking too basic.

So let's say you don't really like gay people. That's fine. So you wouldn't care if a gay people sent advocacy groups to local elementary schools to teach them about what it means to be gay and live alternative lifestyles? Is it okay for doctors and psychologists to suggest that a teen experiment with their sexuality in order to help alleviate the anxiety of puberty? I don't see why you would have a problem with any of that since you're not a backwards Muslim.

This is about Malaysia, none of our business. What happens there should stay there. We shouldn't buy anything from them nor sell them anything. We shouldn't go there nor let any of them in our country.

I think that it is really this simple.

You may not have intended to, but you did. "Your" is a possessive pronoun, so I responded accordingly. If I say, "How is your car?" I am a

This is incorrect. Part of the Christian mission is to create the Kingdom of God on Earth. This involves creating communities that are in keeping with God's holiness.

I don't understand where people get this idea that Christians aren't supposed to judge behaviors. They've been doing it for thousands of years. There are exorcists and faith healers that call on God to change people's behaviors and cast demons out of them. You think Christians are taught to not judge demons?
Ya so how are your arab countries?

Back