Six strokes for lesbian sex (Malaysia about to punish lesbian couple)

50% recidivism rate for the thieves, so much money wasted housing and feeding them.

A good public lashing would do them well. If that's not enough incentive, increase the number of lashings if they re-offend.

I can agree with this. I'm generally in favor of corporal punishment across the board. I was just trying to realisitcally slot it into the American legal system, and I think it would be a hard sell to tell Americans that we're basically adopting 3rd world punitive measures. Starting with moral crimes seems safest and seems to fill a gap that we all are currently unclear about.

Maybe thievery fits into that same slot, though.

Well, you gotta imagine that at least the Western conservatives who complained that gay rights were a Trojan Horse for more radical sexual politics would applaud this as nipping the bud.
We were just against gay marriage. We don't condone beating gays with a stick.

And yeah, I told you guys years ago that govt endorsed gay marriage was gonna encourage people to go gay. A couple years later and now we have 62 genders and trannies in the girls restrooms.

And yeah, I told you guys years ago that govt endorsed gay marriage was gonna encourage people to go gay. A couple years later and now we have 62 genders and trannies in the girls restrooms.
Well, not since the 70s at least. Anyway, clearly your line in the sand wasn't enough as it led to the current state of LGBT politics, why not nip the bud even earlier?

Well, not since the 70s at least. Anyway, clearly your line in the sand wasn't enough as it led to the current state of LGBT politics, why not nip the bud even earlier?
Well you can't beat the gay out of them with a cane. They need help. They need Jesus Christ, the power of the Holy Spirit to work in their life, they need repentance that can only come from God. And they need people in the church to help encourage them to change behaviors.

10/10 observation. Can't believe I'd never heard someone make this point before.

Islam has become so politicized in America. It's bizarre. Liberals who abhor the civil rights record of many predominantly Muslim countries constantly praise it while conservatives who are almost perfectly morally aligned with Islam constantly villainize it.

I think it's because Islam is less of a religious issue and more of a race issue. Liberals always side with the racial underdog and conservatives really love the idea of brown savages. Same with Mexican immigration. America's fucked up race relations govern so much of political discourse.

Well you can't beat the gay out of them with a cane. They need help. They need Jesus Christ, the power of the Holy Spirit to work in their life, they need repentance that can only come from God. And they need people in the church to help encourage them to change behaviors.

That's not what the Bible says. That's a very recent idea that many Christians have clung to because it's PC.

That's not what the Bible says. That's a very recent idea that many Christians have clung to because it's PC.
You're wrong! It's right here in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 6:9

"Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,c]">[c] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Hello Malaysia, it's 2018! What a shitty, backward ass country. Here in the US, gay sex has been decriminalized since

*checks Google*

If I'm not mistaken there were news a couple of years ago that metal or grindcore band from Indonesia (but maybe it was band from Malaysia that was in Indonesia) was arrested after the concert because there is a female member in a band and it's illegal for females to be in the same room with males (without their male relatives or husbands). If I'm not mistaken they were freed because her brother is a manager of this band/or band member (and he was in the same room with her).
I mean they are Muslim country so for people from secular coutnries their laws may seem strange.

Islam has become so politicized in America. It's bizarre. Liberals who abhor the civil rights record of many predominantly Muslim countries constantly praise it while conservatives who are almost perfectly morally aligned with Islam constantly villainize it.

I think it's because Islam is less of a religious issue and more of a race issue. Liberals always side with the racial underdog and conservatives really love the idea of brown savages. Same with Mexican immigration. America's fucked up race relations govern so much of political discourse.
I think that's spot on, you see it in the way that certain right wingers see growing non-white demographics as inherently good electorally for the Democrats and bad for the GOP despite the fact that many of those non-whites are socially conservative populations and thus a possible constituency for the GOP. That possibility isn't considered because many American right wingers seem unable to move beyond appealing to white identity politics, if anything they've only doubled down on it despite the long term trends.

You're wrong! It's right here in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 6:9

"Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,c]">[c] 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

Read Leviticus and Deuteronomy then get back to me.

The Bible preaches forgiveness and love as a whole, but it also makes a clear distinction between holy behavior and unacceptable behavior. Homosexuality is unacceptable. That doesn't mean it is unforgivable (as you quote rightly brings up), for nothing is unforgivable for God, but the Bible is very clear that it is unholy behavior.

Unless you intend to argue that no crimes should be punished at all, it doesn't make sense to bring up that salvation can turn bad people into good people.

5adc3905-6dcf-400e-8bd6-9ad4e6685dd9_text_hi.gif

But your account is only 7 months old

I'm going to need some pics of these broads before I make my mind up, and potentially some footage of the caning if the photos look good.

Man, I sure showed up late for the stroke jokes.

Agreed.

Also, let's see the mental gymnastics Western conservatives perform to act like they haven't wanted punishment for gays until super recently and that conservative Islam is totally incompatible with their conservative worldview.

I'm a millenial and in my short lifetime, I've seen people go from saying "of course gay people are abominations" to "well, yeah, obviously gay marriage is a right". All partisan Westerners are hypocrites when it comes to Islam.
there is a bit of field between the ‘totally accepted’ and ‘caning and jailtime’ zones.

This is what I’ve been saying for a long time; that I don’t understand why conservatives aren’t all about that religion of Peace. They’ve got a lot in common:

-homophobic
-mysoginist
-religious
-etc
because most conservatives arent nearly that extreme on those subjects.
its more surprising that Liberals want to embrace Islam so bad and still think Conservatives are terrible for the very same things that they arent nearly as bad as Muslims about.
oh, another one - fucking their relatives. way bigger in the Middle East than it is in the people we constantly lampoon for it.

there is a bit of field between the ‘totally accepted’ and ‘caning and jailtime’ zones.

I don't really know if there is. If it isn't "totally unacceptable" then what is it? If it is anyway unacceptable, then there has to be a way to disincentivize it, and legal punishment is the only measure we have. In our legal system, we have fines and sentencing. In theirs, they have caning.

The difference is more in the systems of punishment, I'd argue, than in the mentality toward the behavior.

Back