six star supplements?

bigmatt521

Orange Belt
Reaction score
any body tried the six star line of supplements i've seen them at wal mart and now i see they're being advertised here on sherdog i've checked the labels and it looks pretty awesome especially for the price but i'm a bit leary of buying off brand supplements just cuz you never know if whats on the label makes it into the powder any one tried them or have any info on how legitimate they may or may not be

I believe they're from Iovate, which also owns muscletech. I was given a bottle of their nitric oxide and never used it though.

For stuff like protein and creatine, they're better than nothing. You really don't save that much buying them vs making informed decisions, though. Also their protein is downright terrible tasting compared to ON 100% Whey, Muscle Milk, EvoPro, and just about every trueprotein.com premium / BSL flavor. I know they make one of those creatine stacks, you're better off just buying a tub of plain creatine monohydrate and adding your own juice.

For stuff like protein and creatine, they're better than nothing. You really don't save that much buying them vs making informed decisions, though. Also their protein is downright terrible tasting compared to ON 100% Whey, Muscle Milk, EvoPro, and just about every trueprotein.com premium / BSL flavor. I know they make one of those creatine stacks, you're better off just buying a tub of plain creatine monohydrate and adding your own juice.

Yeah their protein is bad tasting. I went through 2 buckets. First vanilla, that tasted bad, so I switched to chocolate, and that tasted like the vanilla; bad. So I switched to getting the Body Fortress one, which is sold right next to the Six Star one at Wal-Mart.

Yeah their protein is bad tasting. I went through 2 buckets. First vanilla, that tasted bad, so I switched to chocolate, and that tasted like the vanilla; bad. So I switched to getting the Body Fortress one, which is sold right next to the Six Star one at Wal-Mart.

Yeh, I used the same progression. My mistake was listening to all the hype about muscle milk and buying a tub. After drinking musclemilk for about 3 weeks, I tried going back to body fortress (which is better than six star) and it tasted like absolute shit.

If you're looking for a straight whey, ON or GNC 100% Whey (I believe they are the same, just GNC is relabelled), are pretty damn tasty.

If you dig chocolate, trueprotein's BSL chocolate is really good. I've yet to try their premium double chocolate fudge or whatever the hell it's called. Maybe one day when I have the cash to risk.

I've used both the creatine and protein. Can't really say I noticed much more than bloating on the creatine. The protein is okay if you have a power mixer and some sugar free flavored coffee creamer to mix it with, but again not sure of the purity.

Back