Siver's poor sportsmanship led to his destruction

i ddint read all the pages. so I am sure someone said this. but lawler didn't want to touch gloves with Hendricks in the last fight.. look whos the champ now

MMA gods? lol........dont believe in them. pics or I call B.S.

Here are your pics.
conor-5-reasons.jpg

390x270xGSP-WINS.png.speedilic.ic.t1x-12XrtA.png

It's fair game after the glove touch. Plus he was called out for it but people showed he touched gloves and wasn't really trying to hit his opponent cheaply.

Are you sure it's fair game? Hominick touched gives with zombie, then immediately attacked and got knocked out immediately

5:40 of the video, Evans Smith touches gloves. There goes your theory. /Closed.

Are you sure it's fair game? Hominick touched gives with zombie, then immediately attacked and got knocked out immediately

Not sure how your post disproves my point. After the glove touch, all is fair game, the MMA Gods are satiated. Hominick getting KO'd after he touched gloves doesn't change that. He's not favored or unfavored by the MMA Gods at that point.

People were overly impressed with McG's demolition of Dennis Siver but they're giving McG too much credit and not enough credit to karma and the MMA Gods. When McG tried to touch gloves before the fight, Siver refused. We've seen countless times before that when fighter A goes to touch gloves and fighter B refuses, fighter A usually wins in devastating fashion.

We saw it when Fedor crushed Ogawa in under a minute: [no footage because of UFC copyright].

Here's the UFC's Ashlee Evans-Smith refusing to touch gloves and then getting KO'd in 5 seconds:
[YT]5V0Puyoa_40?t=5m35s[/YT]

Here's another example from a smaller org, a 4 second KO when the guy refuses to touch gloves:
[YT]6gw-G6yy3Zg?t=38s[/YT]

So McG's destruction of Siver, while complete, is not that impressive because it took him almost a round and a half to do it. A truly great fighter like Fedor would have finished his disrespectful opponent in a lot less time. Either way, the wrath of the MMA Gods were to credit for the one-sided fight, not some transcendent skills of McG.
One of the few times i can remember it going the other way was when Brock turned his back on Mir when he went to touch gloves and still won. But it does seem like karma comes into play a lot. Kos wouldn't touch gloves against Woodley and that was one of the most brutal KOs in history!

Although I have never been a huge fan of touching gloves as some people try to cheap shot or even more sneaky I have seen people immediately go for and get a TD because the touching of gloves allowed them to be close enough to shoot. Although getting a KO off it is obviously the worst case scenario like in this fight:

http://www.bjpenn.com/international-scene-glove-touch-controversy-in-womens-bout-brutal-ko-video/

Do fighters not expect opponents to say bad things about them? That's part of the business. It's part of what they signed up for. I'd be more surprised if my opponent didn't say something bad about me...

So that mean no hand touch is a business decision too...:)

People were overly impressed with McG's demolition of Dennis Siver but they're giving McG too much credit and not enough credit to karma and the MMA Gods. When McG tried to touch gloves before the fight, Siver refused. We've seen countless times before that when fighter A goes to touch gloves and fighter B refuses, fighter A usually wins in devastating fashion.

We saw it when Fedor crushed Ogawa in under a minute: [no footage because of UFC copyright].

Here's the UFC's Ashlee Evans-Smith refusing to touch gloves and then getting KO'd in 5 seconds:
[YT]5V0Puyoa_40?t=5m35s[/YT]

Here's another example from a smaller org, a 4 second KO when the guy refuses to touch gloves:
[YT]6gw-G6yy3Zg?t=38s[/YT]

So McG's destruction of Siver, while complete, is not that impressive because it took him almost a round and a half to do it. A truly great fighter like Fedor would have finished his disrespectful opponent in a lot less time. Either way, the wrath of the MMA Gods were to credit for the one-sided fight, not some transcendent skills of McG.

correlation=/=causation.

You could just as easily say that most fighters who refuse the glove touch know they can't win before the fight starts.

correlation=/=causation.

You could just as easily say that most fighters who refuse the glove touch know they can't win before the fight starts.

It doesn't matter what the fighter thinks about the possible outcome of the fight. When they refuse to touch gloves, then the outcome is in the hands of the MMA Gods.

Back