Siver's poor sportsmanship led to his destruction

McGreggor talks shit about his opponents 24/7 and its Siver who has poor sportsmanship? Weird.

QFT. conor is quite denigrating of his opponents--he talks about their appearance, height, character, whatever. he makes it personal.

generally i don't think not touching gloves is bad sportsmanship. it's a fight--save glove touching and so on until afterwards if you want. some people don't need to be friendly ahead of a fight, and that's just one of many mindsets.

2wedjt5.gif

27z96k5.gif

People with neck tattoos are generally the worst.

Remember the beating Frank Mir put on Brock after Brock didn't touch gloves in their 2nd fight?

Good post, had forgotten about this fight too. But insomniatric is right too, Silva bowed to him instead. Not sure it's the same. Did Silva shake his head at the glove touch? If so, then he falls into the disrespectful category and we all know what happened next.

So the MMA Gods don't actually care about poor sportsmanship, because as you already pointed out, they could care less about what happens outside the Octagon. But not only do they not care about what happens outside the Octagon, they actually don't care what happens inside the Octagon so long as it is after the glove touch. In other words, MMA Gods have found a very niche market. The minute or so leading up to the glove touch, nothing else after that matters. Thank heavens MMA Gods aren't real, otherwise talk about the spoiler alert every glove touch would be.

Nonsensical? You must be new to sports fandom. People think they can affect the outcome of a game by sitting the same way or eating the same food every week while they watch the game. Some guys avoid watching altogether so they don't jinx their team. There's all kinds of superstition related to sports fandom. Not showing sportsmanship by refusing to touch gloves is bad karma, period. Discount it all you want to try to prove I'm a troll but you just sound desperate.

Says the guy invoking "sports fandom" in an attempt to sound reasonable. You are absurd and will be treated as such.

They actually bleeped it out on my TV. But you could still catch his hand going up and tell what he was going to do. haha

Nice haha, yeah on mine it cut to a blank screen with just the audio and no video

What happens in the ring is different from what happens outside it. The MMA Gods only care about what you do inside the ring.

no it isn't and you're a moron. mcgregor is the definition of classless and there's no way siver needed to touch gloves with him.

and glove touching had nothing to do with siver having an insane speed and reach disadvantage. that's probably why he lost the fight. :icon_neut

Don't know why I'm responding to this foolishness of a thread but Silva refused to touch gloves with Hendo while Pettis also refused to touch gloves with Cerrone. Needless to say both went on to smash their opponents in devastating fashion.

Ok, you found 2 examples against my 4. I still win since 4>2. So a majority of the time, refusing to touch gloves is bad karma and leads to destruction.

It was Conor's skills that led to his destruction. If anything, Siver has been discreet and soft spoken the whole time and had his focus on his task. That's why it's great to see Conor genuinely reaching up to him after the post fight conference (idk if you guys saw that, it was in the last seconds of the video) and both hugged each other. It was all business and both showed sportsmanship after all.

no it isn't and you're a moron. mcgregor is the definition of classless and there's no way siver needed to touch gloves with him.

and glove touching had nothing to do with siver having an insane speed and reach disadvantage. that's probably why he lost the fight. :icon_neut

I tink McG goes too far but really he's just hyping the fight to generate interest. Even I can see that. I doubt he genuinely dislikes Germans or Siver, he just talked up a storm to get people riled up and make him some damn money. I get that. But once you are in the cage is when talk will get your face caved in. At that point, McG was the better sportsman by going to touch gloves and Siver was the unsportsmanlike combatant because he refused. That's why he didn't just lose, but he lost by destruction.

It was Conor's skills that led to his destruction. If anything, Siver has been discreet and soft spoken the whole time and had his focus on his task. That's why it's great to see Conor genuinely reaching up to him after the post fight conference (idk if you guys saw that, it was in the last seconds of the video) and both hugged each other. It was all business and both showed sportsmanship after all.

No one doubts McG has skills, but no one has destroyed Siver like that, not even Cub Swanson. If Siver was soft spoken and focused, he should have touched gloves to show McG's antics hadn't phase him. Instead he refused and got pummeled in the biggest fight of his career. I think he owned up to that by hugging McG after the post-fight.

No one doubts McG has skills, but no one has destroyed Siver like that, not even Cub Swanson. If Siver was soft spoken and focused, he should have touched gloves to show McG's antics hadn't phase him. Instead he refused and got pummeled in the biggest fight of his career. I think he owned up to that by hugging McG after the post-fight.

If you're talking about Siver being destroyed in his career, I already saw it the hands of Cowboy Cerrone, and touching of gloves may mean different to others, some give back the fist bump if they earned their respect, others don't give it when they are in the zone and has their focus on defeating their opponent. Like Robbie Lawler didn't touched gloves with Hendricks in the 2nd fight and both have been classy in the pre-fight interviews, he's just locked in staring on Johny's face, it didn't led up to his destruction though, he actually won the belt.

Conor accused Siver of using steriod and called him a Nazi. He is the one with poor sportsmanship here.

Last edited:
Back