Siver's poor sportsmanship led to his destruction

They should change the UFC FORUMS to the MCGREGOR forum. This will never stop...

People were overly impressed with McG's demolition of Dennis Siver but they're giving McG too much credit and not enough credit to karma and the MMA Gods. When McG tried to touch gloves before the fight, Siver refused. We've seen countless times before that when fighter A goes to touch gloves and fighter B refuses, fighter A usually wins in devastating fashion.

We saw it when Fedor crushed Ogawa in under a minute: [no footage because of UFC copyright].

Here's the UFC's Ashlee Evans-Smith refusing to touch gloves and then getting KO'd in 5 seconds:
[YT]5V0Puyoa_40?t=5m35s[/YT]

Here's another example from a smaller org, a 4 second KO when the guy refuses to touch gloves:
[YT]6gw-G6yy3Zg?t=38s[/YT]

So McG's destruction of Siver, while complete, is not that impressive because it took him almost a round and a half to do it. A truly great fighter like Fedor would have finished his disrespectful opponent in a lot less time. Either way, the wrath of the MMA Gods were to credit for the one-sided fight, not some transcendent skills of McG.

This thread is useless without a proper t-test.

McGreggor talks shit about his opponents 24/7 and its Siver who has poor sportsmanship? Weird.

This.

McGregor was disrespectful to Siver and his other opponents for months prior to the fight. Siver's unwillingness to participate in an obviously empty gesture of respect with a man who had little respect for him is justified. McGregor's over the top reaction demonstrates that Siver was correct.

Siver lost because McGregor is a far better fighter than he was, but Siver was in no way the poorer sport.

He never got to complete his bows. They were cut off by the ref.

I meant during the face-off where the ref gives them the option of touching gloves, Weidman extended his hand and Anderson responded with a bow.

2wedjt5.gif

27z96k5.gif

One of my favorite MMA stories ;D

People were overly impressed with McG's demolition of Dennis Siver but they're giving McG too much credit and not enough credit to karma and the MMA Gods. When McG tried to touch gloves before the fight, Siver refused. We've seen countless times before that when fighter A goes to touch gloves and fighter B refuses, fighter A usually wins in devastating fashion.

We saw it when Fedor crushed Ogawa in under a minute: [no footage because of UFC copyright].

Here's the UFC's Ashlee Evans-Smith refusing to touch gloves and then getting KO'd in 5 seconds:
[YT]5V0Puyoa_40?t=5m35s[/YT]

Here's another example from a smaller org, a 4 second KO when the guy refuses to touch gloves:
[YT]6gw-G6yy3Zg?t=38s[/YT]

So McG's destruction of Siver, while complete, is not that impressive because it took him almost a round and a half to do it. A truly great fighter like Fedor would have finished his disrespectful opponent in a lot less time. Either way, the wrath of the MMA Gods were to credit for the one-sided fight, not some transcendent skills of McG.

Who want to touch glove someone who say bad thing about you.

McGreggor talks shit about his opponents 24/7 and its Siver who has poor sportsmanship? Weird.

Yeah but the motive of the shit talk is money, not disrespect. The touching gloves is a subtle way to delivering respect despite all the hype building shit talk which is just business.

Another thing to note is that if a fighter isn't touching gloves that means he's angry/emotional. And being emotional clouds judgement. Therefore Siver probably didn't fight his best because he was angry.

Who want to touch glove someone who say bad thing about you.

Do fighters not expect opponents to say bad things about them? That's part of the business. It's part of what they signed up for. I'd be more surprised if my opponent didn't say something bad about me...

McGreggor talks shit about his opponents 24/7 and its Siver who has poor snship? Weird.

yeah I think the original poster in this thread is forgetting the fact that Connor took a cheap shot at Poirier after they touch gloves in their fight

You are either trolling or hold nonsensical opinions based on nothing; either way, the outcome is the same. (You are not to be taken seriously.)

Nonsensical? You must be new to sports fandom. People think they can affect the outcome of a game by sitting the same way or eating the same food every week while they watch the game. Some guys avoid watching altogether so they don't jinx their team. There's all kinds of superstition related to sports fandom. Not showing sportsmanship by refusing to touch gloves is bad karma, period. Discount it all you want to try to prove I'm a troll but you just sound desperate.

Didn't Conor flip off Siver as well? FS1 cut away from the staredown/glove touch right before the fight.

Didn't Conor flip off Siver as well? FS1 cut away from the staredown/glove touch right before the fight.

They actually bleeped it out on my TV. But you could still catch his hand going up and tell what he was going to do. haha

yeah I think the original poster in this thread is forgetting the fact that Connor took a cheap shot at Poirier after they touch gloves in their fight

Well, what's really funny, and the true genius of this thread is - the TS hates Conner as much as y'all do. And you guys are giving him shit. :icon_lol:

Siver was gotten to by Conor. The record for people who are gotten to is pretty bad. Conor says shit to hype himself and hype a fight and Dennis let it get to him. I don't know how someone can take Conor's words seriously but Siver did.

Good post, had forgotten about this fight too. But insomniatric is right too, Silva bowed to him instead. Not sure it's the same. Did Silva shake his head at the glove touch? If so, then he falls into the disrespectful category and we all know what happened next.

Don't know why I'm responding to this foolishness of a thread but Silva refused to touch gloves with Hendo while Pettis also refused to touch gloves with Cerrone. Needless to say both went on to smash their opponents in devastating fashion.

Back