Siver is actually a good test for Mcgregor

Dec2012

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
He's 8-2 in his last 10 fights and only has lost to Cub Swanson and Cerrone in the last 5 years. Most people was campaigning for Cub to get the next title shot after beating Siver people seem to forget that.

While Siver is not a step up from Pourier, he is not a gimmicky fight by any means. It is just Conor is that good that it feels like that is not a challenge for him.

My body is ready after that anticlimax.
Let's go Cowboy.

Siver has looked bad in his last two fights imo, and he wasn't against world beaters either.

He definitely is fair test. He just shouldn't be the final test before a title fight. Not when we see so many other men have to take so many difficult fights before they even are considered.

For instance: Lamas now has to fight Mendes before even being considered...... McGregor is fighting Siver.

He definitely is fair test. He just shouldn't be the final test before a title fight. Not when we see so many other men have to take so many difficult fights before they even are considered.

I don't even like Conor but he's had a tougher road to a title shot than Hominick, Zombie, Mendes, and Florian did.

Also much tougher than a lot of challengers from other weight classes in the last couple years like Tate, Sonnen, and Diaz.

So beating Siver gets someone a title shot now? Ok.
Don't try to justify it.

We know what they've got planned.

For instance: Lamas now has to fight Mendes before even being considered...... McGregor is fighting Siver.
well thats because Lamas just fought for the belt and I can't see anyone wanted to see a rematch he did nothing. Plus he got his title shot for beating Erick Koch.......

I don't even like Conor but he's had a tougher road to a title shot than Hominick, Zombie, Mendes, and Florian did.

Also much tougher than a lot of challengers from other weight classes in the last couple years like Tate, Sonnen, and Diaz.

^^^

Back