Siver: I will take Conor into deep waters and drown him there

Interesting, he's smart enough that he knows he has to use his wrestling and the Gsot situation was interesting also.

Still Conor KO rd 1

If McGregor is a god among men why is he even fighting Siver? Oh yea, that's right. He has to fight Siver because the UFC is terrified to make him fight anyone who might give him a loss en route to a title shot and a pay day. They wouldn't dare make Conor fight Mendes or Frankie before Aldo because they know what would happen.

I agree that they could have done things differently by being patient. Edgar, Cub, Mendes, Lamas, Bermudez, Oli etc... would not be ready for a January card. Ideally I would have liked to have seen them peg Conor vs Lamas for Feb winner gets the title shot against the winner of Frankie vs Aldo II in March.

But at the end of the day none of us can deny that Conor vs Aldo is, by a country mile, the most interesting fight at FW. Zuffa needs it too bad to risk it.

If McGregor is a god among men why is he even fighting Siver? Oh yea, that's right. He has to fight Siver because the UFC is terrified to make him fight anyone who might give him a loss en route to a title shot and a pay day. They wouldn't dare make Conor fight Mendes or Frankie before Aldo because they know what would happen.

Business - how does it work? - MusterX

Business - how does it work? - MusterX

Yep, its business for sure. Conor might be able to beat Frankie or Mendes but they can't risk it so we get to see him fight Siver. Current odds on the fight are Conor -950, Siver +839. After Conor beats Siver with -950 odds we get 3 weeks of McGregor threads discussing how he is the greatest fighter of all time.

That's all well and good except.....there's a tremendous difference in talent between the two on the feet.

I agree that they could have done things differently by being patient. Edgar, Cub, Mendes, Lamas, Bermudez, Oli etc... would not be ready for a January card. Ideally I would have liked to have seen them peg Conor vs Lamas for Feb winner gets the title shot against the winner of Frankie vs Aldo II in March.

But at the end of the day none of us can deny that Conor vs Aldo is, by a country mile, the most interesting fight at FW. Zuffa needs it too bad to risk it.

I agree, it will be good for both Aldo and UFC. If he deserves or not the title shot, who cares ?

There will be plenty of title shots from now on but a lack of striker vs striker title fight at fw.

"I've been hit hard before. I've been in situations and persevered through situations that have been far worse than anything Conor has ever seen," he said. "Striking is my game but what will win me this fight is my wrestling and my skills on the ground.
It's a bad fight for him, but I think this approach is a good one. He needs to make Conor worry about several types of attacks simultanously, and while Siever is a primary striker, he has the best and most persistent takedowns of any opponent Conor has had. His top game is also pretty smothering.

I don't believe this will go well for him, but I believe this approach gives him the best odds possible.

Siver is not nearly long enough, and he won't push to be on the inside either. Conors tdd has looked solid from what weve seen, gets his hips down quick. This is MMA, anything could happen, but I see Connor taking this easily from the outside, and soon as siver gets frustrated and forces his way in, will get caught by either a strike or some type of neck crank.

This and only this. McGregor will get tooled as soon as they put him up against any of those guys soon enough.

But hopefully Siver can derail the hype train first.

it's okay, if he defeats aldo then he deserved the shot and he'll have to face those guys anyways. If he loses, then it doesn't matter

it's okay, if he defeats aldo then he deserved the shot and he'll have to face those guys anyways. If he loses, then it doesn't matter

At this point I'm all for McGregor fighting Aldo so I can see him fight somebody that is actually more alpha than he is. McGregor will talk shit the entire prefight and Aldo will probably do what Brazilians do, he will tell McGregor he is very disrespectful and must be taught a lesson.

Conor seems pretty immune to pressure. Conor is a pretty unique guy in that regard.

I dont wanna give ammunition to his geek fans though

Agreed in that Connor probably is a natural born pressure performer; however Siver's rationale is valid and practical. Very German response, lol.

That actually sounds like a strategy that'll work.

McGoober will be out of place in the later rounds and with a stronger man on top of him he could fold.

Siver isn't very confident, since he acknowledges he's a striker that will have to resort to takedowns to have a chance. Wonder if he'll lay an egg performance wise like he did against G-Sot. Instead of fighting to finish, he just danced and ran until the final horn.

Back