Siver: I will take Conor into deep waters and drown him there

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
"Not at all," he said via email and an interpreter. "It puts tremendous pressure on Conor. You have to understand that he's still a young, inexperienced fighter.

"Here you have everybody telling the story that he will absolutely run through me. His own team is predicting a win in the first minute. Do they not realize what kind of pressure that creates? It's created a situation where Conor's only option is a quick, decisive win. Everything else will be seen as a failure — and that is what I will capitalize on. I will take Conor into deep waters and drown him there."

"I've been hit hard before. I've been in situations and persevered through situations that have been far worse than anything Conor has ever seen," he said. "Striking is my game but what will win me this fight is my wrestling and my skills on the ground.

"The situation we're in right now reminds me of what happened when I was supposed to fight George Sotiropoulos in Sydney (at UFC 127 in February 2011). I was a lamb being led to slaughter and the result was a foregone conclusion. One of us is retired today, and it isn't me."

http://www.mississauga.com/sports-story/5256866-dennis-siver-unfazed-by-conor-mcgregor/

Conor can breath under water because of his divine powers granted to him by God. Conor Bless

Conor seems pretty immune to pressure. Conor is a pretty unique guy in that regard.

I dont wanna give ammunition to his geek fans though

I like the confidence, but I don't see it happening. Siver is strong as hell though and has solid grappling, so who knows, maybe he can make this a tough fight. But even though Siver seems to know that he will need to use his wrestling in this fight to win, I think his willingness to strike will be his downfall. Conor is too good on the feet and his size and movement will probably be too much. I see Conor winning via strikes early.

If this fight somehow goes to the deep waters, it's Siver who drowns there just like against Swanson.

I like Siver, but he gets hit way too much, he is hittable and has been rocked and dropped many times, can't see how he can beat Conor. his takedowns are ok but not amazing

Siver is tough but Conor will use his reach and beat him to tko.

I'm getting sick of that fucking expression lol.

I blame Mir.

Buying into the hype. MacGregor by KO. Not in the first minute, obviously. Hope I'm wrong.

He has a really good point about Gsot

I think that was Siver's best performance in the UFC. I definitely didn't think he'd win that fight, too. Gsot took a big dive after that fight as well, and in fact hasn't won a fight since that loss to Siver.

Yep, I always remember how he derail G-Sot who's got a long winning steak and on the verge of a title shot back then, but to quote Conor, this time "it's a whole new different ball game.". G-Sots #1 strength is his ground game which Siver avoided and capitalize with his TD defense and striking. On this occasion, Conor is a way more better striker than Siver, has reach, KO power, and excellent movement. Siver is tough and I won't be surprised if the fight goes 2-3 rounds, but ultimately I can see Conor winning by TKO (strikes).

Good approach by Siver

He needs to use his experience to his advantage

He has a really good point about Gsot

And Gsot is close to the spelling of Goat...in fact the letter S is exchanged with the letter A which is also,side by side on a standard keyboard.....

im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg

If McGregor is a god among men why is he even fighting Siver? Oh yea, that's right. He has to fight Siver because the UFC is terrified to make him fight anyone who might give him a loss en route to a title shot and a pay day. They wouldn't dare make Conor fight Mendes or Frankie before Aldo because they know what would happen.

I mean what else can he really say? This is the same kind of talk every opponent says when they are fodder for a legit up and coming contender that becomes champion. Conor is a much better fighter than G-Sot as well.

Siver will probably perform better than Brandao or Poirier (kind of hard not to) but I don't believe he'll be able to impose his game in any way with Conor.

One could only hope

Back