Siver: I will take Conor into deep waters and drown him there

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by machidafan99, Jan 14, 2015.

1. machidafan99

machidafan99 Silver Belt

"Not at all," he said via email and an interpreter. "It puts tremendous pressure on Conor. You have to understand that he's still a young, inexperienced fighter.

"Here you have everybody telling the story that he will absolutely run through me. His own team is predicting a win in the first minute. Do they not realize what kind of pressure that creates? It's created a situation where Conor's only option is a quick, decisive win. Everything else will be seen as a failure — and that is what I will capitalize on. I will take Conor into deep waters and drown him there."

"I've been hit hard before. I've been in situations and persevered through situations that have been far worse than anything Conor has ever seen," he said. "Striking is my game but what will win me this fight is my wrestling and my skills on the ground.

"The situation we're in right now reminds me of what happened when I was supposed to fight George Sotiropoulos in Sydney (at UFC 127 in February 2011). I was a lamb being led to slaughter and the result was a foregone conclusion. One of us is retired today, and it isn't me."

http://www.mississauga.com/sports-story/5256866-dennis-siver-unfazed-by-conor-mcgregor/

2. TurboUppercut

TurboUppercut Yellow Belt

Conor can breath under water because of his divine powers granted to him by God. Conor Bless

3. iboufring**

iboufring** Green Belt

Conor seems pretty immune to pressure. Conor is a pretty unique guy in that regard.

I dont wanna give ammunition to his geek fans though

4. Augustus Caesar

Augustus Caesar 戦いましょう Staff Member Senior Moderator

I like the confidence, but I don't see it happening. Siver is strong as hell though and has solid grappling, so who knows, maybe he can make this a tough fight. But even though Siver seems to know that he will need to use his wrestling in this fight to win, I think his willingness to strike will be his downfall. Conor is too good on the feet and his size and movement will probably be too much. I see Conor winning via strikes early.

5. CobraCobretti

CobraCobretti Purple Belt

If this fight somehow goes to the deep waters, it's Siver who drowns there just like against Swanson.

6. yookfarb

yookfarb Red Belt

He has a really good point about Gsot

7. John Wayne Gacy

John Wayne Gacy Green Belt

I like Siver, but he gets hit way too much, he is hittable and has been rocked and dropped many times, can't see how he can beat Conor. his takedowns are ok but not amazing

8. luke33

luke33 White Belt

Siver is tough but Conor will use his reach and beat him to tko.

9. Forever Young

Forever Young Balls Deep Belt

I'm getting sick of that fucking expression lol.

I blame Mir.

Buying into the hype. MacGregor by KO. Not in the first minute, obviously. Hope I'm wrong.

10. NTylerWeTrust

NTylerWeTrust Green Belt

Doubt it but would be pleased to see that.

11. gspfedkobe24

gspfedkobe24 Black Belt

First exchange Siver drops.

12. Augustus Caesar

Augustus Caesar 戦いましょう Staff Member Senior Moderator

I think that was Siver's best performance in the UFC. I definitely didn't think he'd win that fight, too. Gsot took a big dive after that fight as well, and in fact hasn't won a fight since that loss to Siver.

13. giovanni002

giovanni002 Silver Belt

Yep, I always remember how he derail G-Sot who's got a long winning steak and on the verge of a title shot back then, but to quote Conor, this time "it's a whole new different ball game.". G-Sots #1 strength is his ground game which Siver avoided and capitalize with his TD defense and striking. On this occasion, Conor is a way more better striker than Siver, has reach, KO power, and excellent movement. Siver is tough and I won't be surprised if the fight goes 2-3 rounds, but ultimately I can see Conor winning by TKO (strikes).

14. Almighty One

Almighty One Brown Belt

Good approach by Siver

He needs to use his experience to his advantage

15. carlosdanger76

carlosdanger76 Purple Belt

And Gsot is close to the spelling of Goat...in fact the letter S is exchanged with the letter A which is also,side by side on a standard keyboard.....

[​IMG]

16. mikekoz68

mikekoz68 Purple Belt

You got it backwards. Conor hands out the powers to his God, Conor>God, don't you read this forum??

17. MusterX

MusterX Titanium Belt

If McGregor is a god among men why is he even fighting Siver? Oh yea, that's right. He has to fight Siver because the UFC is terrified to make him fight anyone who might give him a loss en route to a title shot and a pay day. They wouldn't dare make Conor fight Mendes or Frankie before Aldo because they know what would happen.

18. RJ43

RJ43 The Baddy

I mean what else can he really say? This is the same kind of talk every opponent says when they are fodder for a legit up and coming contender that becomes champion. Conor is a much better fighter than G-Sot as well.

Siver will probably perform better than Brandao or Poirier (kind of hard not to) but I don't believe he'll be able to impose his game in any way with Conor.

19. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

That's what Cormier said.

20. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

One could only hope