Siver did a great job in Round 1.

I felt like he did everything wrong. And they kept telling him "go in and out", "get in his face".
But no, Siver just stood on the outside and let himself be beaten to a pulp...hes no rookie,made me so angry. The only way his plan was headed was to a loss instead of going straight for Conor and in his smirking face, risking a KO but also possibly beating him and not let Conor dictate the fight.

Last edited:
I think it is fair to say that Conor's tactics versus Aldo will be very different to the ones he used against Siver.

Most likely, he has been studying Aldo for a very long time, knows what he is all about and has a decent strategy.

I expect him to frequently switch stances to try to disrupt Aldo's game plan. How he deals with Aldo's leg kicks will determine the fight IMO.

Weidman says he studied Anderson for years and obviously it paid off. Wouldn't surprise me if Conor has been doing the same.

Wow, how good is Conor, when a guy does a great job by just about surviving a round.

...he didn't die, that was it

I'll say this though: Conors face looked awfully sucked in and old when he entered the octagon. For a minute, I actually thought they'd sent Paddy Holohan back out for the craic.

He looked pretty good for about 2-2.5 minutes. He did kick Conor's legs out from under him twice by timing leg kicks. Then, he started eating straight lefts.

Conor destroyed him like no one else has

he got his ass kicked. Believe me I hoped by some miracle he could of won so I could of laughed my ass off. He had nothing for Connor. Completely outclassed.

Weidman says he studied Anderson for years and obviously it paid off. Wouldn't surprise me if Conor has been doing the same.

Thats a big reason it gets harder and harder to defend. Years of accumulated knowledge builds with regards to what works and what doesn't.

Weidman would have had a far tougher challenge had Anderson been only a year into his reign.

Conor would have a tougher struggle with Aldo if he was only a year into his reign. Reality is that Conor will have much more to work with and it will be a big reason Jose gets TKO'd.

I think it is fair to say that Conor's tactics versus Aldo will be very different to the ones he used against Siver.

Most likely, he has been studying Aldo for a very long time, knows what he is all about and has a decent strategy.

I expect him to frequently switch stances to try to disrupt Aldo's game plan. How he deals with Aldo's leg kicks will determine the fight IMO.

He'll stay southpaw to defend the leg kicks, but keep a wider stance to avoid Aldo's takedowns. Mark my words.

McGoat wants to turn this into a kickboxing match.

Last edited:
Lmao what fight were you watching? Siver got worked from bell to bell.

He did better than he was supposed to. Yeah, he got rocked though, but Conor showed vulnerabilities to the straight kicks.

He'll stay southpaw to defend the leg kicks, but keep a wider stance to avoid Aldo's takedowns. Mark my words.

McGoat wants to turn this into a kickboxing match.

Yes, because fighting as a southpaw automatically stops every single leg kick...

Back