Siver +775 - is he worth the bet?

You're better putting down on Conor ITD.

If you have an extra $20 laying around, and you were going to spend it on a pizza and some soda..... no reason to not put it on Siver. You might be able to buy 8 pizzas if he wins. Or you may lose the $20 like you were going to anyway.

Also, McGregor bysubmission is the biggest reward/unlikely ratio.

Of course you would bet. It's basic statistics.

Betting is based on value.

It doesn't matter who you think "will win for sure". The only thing that matters is value. For example would you bet $1000 on a "sure shot" to win 50 cents? You wouldn't because it's stupid.

If you cherish your money don't bet on Siver. Ever...

If you have an extra $20 laying around, and you were going to spend it on a pizza and some soda..... no reason to not put it on Siver. You might be able to buy 8 pizzas if he wins. Or you may lose the $20 like you were going to anyway.

Also, McGregor bysubmission is the biggest reward/unlikely ratio.

& if you put $20 on Conor, you'll be able to buy a whole slice of pizza if he wins with your $20 bet profit.

& if you put $20 on Conor, you'll be able to buy a whole slice of pizza if he wins with your $20 bet profit.

Well I'm speaking to those who are looking for a fun payday.

Personally I'd just buy the pizza.

If that haha. $1.50 barely buys a slice nowadays.

Of course you would bet. It's basic statistics.

Betting is based on value.

It doesn't matter who you think "will win for sure". The only thing that matters is value. For example would you bet $1000 on a "sure shot" to win 50 cents? You wouldn't because it's stupid.

I agree and disagree. I only bet when I feel confident they're gonna win but value does come into play.
Just because Maidana was +500 vs Mayweather. Just because it pays 5-1 and he's a good boxer doesn't mean he's gonna win. I never bet purely out of value. I have to find ways to win.

I never bet purely for value.

So I saw RDA as -200 vs Nate Diaz. I was confident he wins and 50% investment was worth it. I saw value and played.

I saw the goat @ -1200 and I'm confident he'll win handily but not gonna bet $1200 to win $100. I'm 99% sure he'll win but no value is there for me. IMO.

I honestly bet 20% of my bankroll on Jones because it was odds of the year(lol). 10% straight and 10% in parlays.

2rfg4l5.png

Last 12 months I'm undefeated on 5-10 unit plays. Jon Jones, Hacran Dias vs elkins, RDA vs diaz, rock hold vs bis, Barao vs Faber 2, and Anthony Pettis vs Gil.

Last big loss was Diego Nunes vs some random guy in Bellator who had low tier stand up and grappling in my pre fight research.

I thought diego nunes won but it was a very square bet in hindsight.

Last edited:
Tiny bets placed now, on Siver and Nick to win. Couldn't resist these odds, but it's mostly for fun.

It's like 7$ on each to win 27$ on Diaz and 44$ on Siver
fAHbXvq.png

If that haha. $1.50 barely buys a slice nowadays.

I agree and disagree. I only bet when I feel confident they're gonna win but value does come into play.
Just because Maidana was +500 vs Mayweather. Just because it pays 5-1 and he's a good boxer doesn't mean he's gonna win.

I never bet purely for value.

So I saw RDA as -200 vs Nate Diaz. I was confident he wins and 50% investment was worth it.

I saw The goat @ -1200 and I'm confident he'll win handily but not gonna bet $1200 to win $100.

I honestly bet 20% of my bankroll on Jones because it was odds of the year(lol). 10% straight and 10% in parlays.

2rfg4l5.png

Value varies. For instance Conner against a bum @ +775 would be meaningless. But he isn't fighting a bum, he's fighting an average to ok fighter - Siver. Furthermore they've both lost before.

Maidana at +500 is poor value. Floyd has never lost and has impeccable defense so you're betting against a lot, you're betting against something that has never happened. Maidana is rough around the edges, an overachieving B fighter. They are very different pedigree. His only redeeming factor is being somewhat unorthodox so banking on a Maidana lucky punch vs impeccable defense and speed is a nightmare. It is what is known as a sucker's bet.

Maybe at +1200 you would start betting on Maidana but +500 is very lousy!

I honestly think he is. Don't buy into the hype. Conor's striking is exciting to watch, but it's not realistic for a seasoned, top-level athlete. Aldo was right: Swanson, Edgar, and Lamas beat him, and Mendes beats Conor and all of them.

Fuck if I wasn't a strapped for cash at the moment I'd drop $20 on Siver and watch Sherdog cry.

I honestly think he is. Don't buy into the hype. Conor's striking is exciting to watch, but it's not realistic for a seasoned, top-level athlete. Aldo was right: Swanson, Edgar, and Lamas beat him, and Mendes beats Conor and all of them.

Fuck if I wasn't a strapped for cash at the moment I'd drop $20 on Siver and watch Sherdog cry.

Why would people cry over you losing money?

you got to be fucking kidding me

I am betting if siver is 7.7:1 holy fuck thats mandatory

I think Siver's chances would be better in a 3 rounder.

No because when 145ers get hit by McGregor it's a whole different ballgame.

So strapped for $20 that you cant put down a bet to make such an easy $220.

Username is apt.

So strapped for $20 that you cant put down a bet to make such an easy $220.

Username is apt.

I agree with him. But if your that strapped for cash i would save the 20 bucks and spend it on food. You can buy 20 mcchicken sandwichs at McDonald's with the money. Even the drive thru is under 2mins. Dont throw your money away spend your money on a mc lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back