Sites to find competitions

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by beardedphoenix, Jan 7, 2015.

1. beardedphoenix

beardedphoenix White Belt

Anyone know of good sites for finding out competitions near you? I personally am trying to find ones near New England (Maine, NH, and Mass area). I am doing one this coming week and I know about Naga Grappling just trying to see if there is any websites that list a bunch of the consistently.

2. goatfury

goatfury Brown Belt

You're welcome to check out our tournaments (US Grappling), although we're largely mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Chicago:

www.usgrappling.com

3. beardedphoenix

Yeah not sure if I can pull that off and tell the boss I need a "work trip" scheduled out there haha.

4. Cham

Cham Brown Belt

jiujitsucalendar.com is a pretty good aggregate site. It lists competitions from a bunch of organizations all over the country and sorts them by gi, no-gi, both, sub-only and cash prizes.

It doesn't cover the entire year though, just a couple months in advance.

http://www.jiujitsucalendar.com/all...e_event_category=gi-and-no-gi-bjj-tournaments

EDIT: as far as tournaments in your area, is NY too far for you? There's a Good Fight sub-only tournament there at the end of the month.

5. beardedphoenix

NY is a bit far for me unless I had time off prior too. I am actually competing this month in the "Icon Grappling Sub only" tournament which is a week from Saturday so it would be to close together anyways haha. Thank you for the link though I will check it out!