SIRI/Voice Command Etiquette

Should have conducted your own searches via voice command - such as "how do I get this person to shut up"

hehe that would be awesome.

Man, such people are annoying. Just f*cking living in their own little world. Most likely has a huge ego or is a bit screwed up mentally. Cause a grown up man to not have realized so far how such a thing is not appropriate in life, there must be something wrong with him.

I could never do voice-command internet searches in public.

"Siri, find me a good BBW site. Something real raunchy. I want to feel a little nauseated by what I'm seeing."

I was riding on the city bus once. This lady came and sat next to me and started to talk very loudly on her cellphone.

I took out a notebook that I had in my backpack and started writing down things she was saying.... but I had it out in front of me so that she could see it.

At one point she said to the person, "Hold on a second".

Turns to me, "what do you think you're doing? You're writing down what I'm saying?!"

I quickly hid the notebook and innocently responded, "I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm making notes about my plans for this weekend."

She went back on the phone and said, "I'll call you back later."

This is one of the greatest things I've ever heard

I was riding on the city bus once. This lady came and sat next to me and started to talk very loudly on her cellphone.

I took out a notebook that I had in my backpack and started writing down things she was saying.... but I had it out in front of me so that she could see it.

At one point she said to the person, "Hold on a second".

Turns to me, "what do you think you're doing? You're writing down what I'm saying?!"

I quickly hid the notebook and innocently responded, "I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm making notes about my plans for this weekend."

She went back on the phone and said, "I'll call you back later."

This....is....awesome.

Will have to try it.

I cant imagine someone would have the gall/want everyone to hear their internet searches.

I have a firm belief that the majority of people in the US believe they are living in their own private Reality Show and the rest of us are just characters in that show. If that were the case, he would be in the right since it's his show. Since it's not the case, he's a douche.

It's a tough situation too. I hate being in situations of having to point out to someone that common courtesy is not to do what they are doing when they should know better.

I just concluded a 2 hr flight next to an old man who verbally dictated in every internet search, email and note to self via Siri/Speech to Text/Voice Command into his Iphone. Just about every thing he said had to be repeated at least twice (probably because of the background plane noise).

The guys entire personal and professional life was grandstanded for the cabin to deal with for the duration. I put on my headphones at some point but damn dictation and internet searches are way more annoying than having to hear someone engaged in an actual conversation. Most of his searches involved injury claim/health and safety procedures and some boat called the Oceania that sales to Peru apparently.

I feel like some common sense boundaries and etiquette should be in place for this before it goes to far.

Who wants their personal/work life shouted around strangers anyways?

Ok, Im done.:p

keep your voice commands to yourself.

There are a plethora of things that I HATE about Japan, but this is something that wouldn't happen.

The burden of shame of inconveniencing those around you prevents almost everyone from talking on their cell phones on buses, planes, trains and many other places.

I would have pulled a larry david

[YT]O0uTi2qkgf0[/YT]

There are a plethora of things that I HATE about Japan, but this is something that wouldn't happen.

The burden of shame of inconveniencing those around you prevents almost everyone from talking on their cell phones on buses, planes, trains and many other places.

I would have pulled a larry david

[YT]O0uTi2qkgf0[/YT]

That is perfect.

Back