Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Sinn Féin wins Irish election, Merkels' heir quits in Germany

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by VivaRevolution, Feb 10, 2020.

1. VivaRevolution Banned Banned

Sinn Féin declares victory in Irish general election

Sinn Féin has declared victory in Ireland’s general election and called for talks with other main parties to form a coalition government.

Its leader, Mary Lou McDonald, urged Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil to start negotiations with the republican party as the scale of its breakthrough confirmed a realignment of Irish politics.

“Sinn Féin has won the election. We have won the popular vote,” McDonald said, as counting of votes to fill seats in Dáil Éireann, parliament’s lower house, continued in constituencies across the country.

German politics upended as Merkel’s heir apparent quits

BERLIN (AP) — Chancellor Angela Merkel’s heir apparent shook up German politics Monday by declaring she would step down as the governing party’s leader and not run for chancellor, fueling uncertainty in the country seen as Europe’s anchor of stability amid Brexit and pressure from the far right.

Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, whose flagging support dropped further after regional Christian Democratic Union lawmakers ignored the party’s instructions, told senior CDU members she won’t seek the chancellorship in next year’s election. The surprise decision upended Merkel’s plan to hand Kramp-Karrenbauer the reins after leading Germany for more than 15 years.

“I took note of this decision with the utmost respect, but I also say that I regret it,” Merkel told reporters, thanking Kramp-Karrenbauer for her work and for agreeing to stay on until a new party leader is chosen. Kramp-Karrenbauer plans to remain in her role as Germany’s defense minister.

https://apnews.com/ceea5a109ba1f7c157e18d77864d2427

If you want to understand what is happening with Trump, and Bernie. Riots in France. The AFD gaining momentum in Germany. Five Star in Italy. Riots for a decade in Greece. Boris and Brexit in the UK.

Let me point you to the only man I have ever seen make a compelling argument that actually explains what it going on

An economist who predicted Trump, and Brexit in 2015. His name is Mark Blyth.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ise-of-populism-economist-mark-blyth.3993681/

2. Ultra O’Dia Black Belt

The EU will implode and the UK will flourish.

3. VivaRevolution Banned Banned

You better hope the AFD doesn't win in Germany then.

The EU will explode, and you will see a new German Russian alliance that will dominate the continent, and rival US power.

4. Ultra O’Dia Black Belt

Ooo, that sounds sexy, too!

5. Stoic1 I bring the memes

Interesting developments on all fronts lately.

6. VivaRevolution Banned Banned

I worry what the US will do. This has been our biggest fear for a threat to US hegemony for a long time.

7. Mr Holmes You talking money, need a hearing aid

<{ohyeah}>

8. machidafan99 Silver Belt

Is this kind of a McXit?

9. xcvbn Gold Belt

Left is best

Mark Blyth gets it

10. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

The ignorance required to believe that an alliance that's combined GDP is 1/4 of the Americans who also happen to control military installations across the world is staggering, and have their tendrils rooted in even more central governments than countries they occupy, shouldn't surprise me at this point.

11. HunterSdVa29 Respect, tho Platinum Member

EU is done son, UK is their main military component...….
    UK was the start, the entirety of eastern/central Europe hating Brussels and the Refugee crisis will be the deathknell

Populism isn't going to magically vanish in Italy, Spain, Greece, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, etc....