Sinister's Tile Exercise by me

Lucas Coradini

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
So I decided to put up a video giving my take on the famous tile exercise.

For those who aren't familiar with it, it's a drill @Sinister shared here a couple years ago who encompasses boxing fundamentals from feet placement, hip movement, weight distribution and more

Since this drill and it's thread influenced me and how I perceived fighting sports so much, it was long overdue that I did my part to help spread the flow of information.

Enjoy:

All feedback is appreciated

Great video, very concise and well explained. Intro looks pro too man, have you switched entirely to coaching now?

I think this is a great idea to stress the importance of the basis for sound footwork.<rawsun>

It's multi-faceted.

I just replied, but another thing stands out. Something that I struggle with seeing the video. Yet makes very clear how the stance & posture working together fosters both defense & offensive advantage.

Boxing is a science!

P.S. Are you coaching, because if you're not you should be! My 2 cents.;)

Great video, very concise and well explained. Intro looks pro too man, have you switched entirely to coaching now?

Thanks! It means a lot coming from someone who knows his science like you. Quarantine, social distance and shits, so I'm just doing online coaching but I'll definitely fight again. I have somewhat of a plan to do 4 (maybe 5) more fights:
1 Jiu Jitsu (that may end up being a lot of fights in a tourney)
1 MMA
1 Boxing
1 Kickboxing (K1 rules)
1 Muay Thai

But plans are overrated, so...

...stance & posture working together fosters both defense & offensive advantage...

Yes! And I've been coaching since 2012-ish. Thanks for the compliment ;)

Great vid, thanks for sharing. I'm no expert or scientist but seems like a good exercise for "flossing" one of the most important mechanics.

hey @patos ! Thanks for the comment, man! And spot on about hip movement being the core of the most important mechanics regarding boxing.

This exercise contains the fundamentals of both punching and defensive head/waist movement

Back