Single people , are you scared of loving again ?

You gotta figure out what you want first. There's a lot of moving around between "dating" and something serious. Gotta figure out beforehand if you both have the same thing in mind instead of both trying to "play it cool", but only one of you actually means it.

That's a self fulfilling prophecy imo. People see how common divorce is and know it's an option going in and make way less of an effort to fix issues or compromise because there's always an exit.

Yeah but when there is not only any drawback but also a massive financial incentive to divorce your husband? Seems like only an idiot would choose to get married if they have anything to lose. Prenups are worth about as much as toilet paper.

After I was divorced, I never really considered getting into another serious relationship. There didn't seem to be any point to it. I had several flings with women but I always told them I wasn't looking for anything long term. There were a few that wanted a serious relationship that were difficult to discourage.

I've been in a relationship for 7 years. We've lived together for 4. We have our problems but I don't want my life any other way. I think if we were to split up, I wouldn't want to meet anyone else. Relationships are complicated and dating is a pain in the ass. I'm 34 now so maybe it would be different as I'd be dating women in their 30s rather than their 20s like I did before I met my partner but I could never be bothered with the "entertain me" part of online dating.

But if I were to become single, I'd just focus on myself for a couple years and try fix my issues
99% of the population needs to take a page from your book.

I’d like to get married and have my first kid in the next 7 years. I currently have No GF and I’m not looking. If I hit age 40 and I’m still single, I’ll start to actively look.

I'd prefer not to get into another serious relationship tbh. Much happier just being a single dude raising my daughter. Way less headaches and stress.

Semi, but more just feel like I'm good on my own and not sure I want to change that. Have been mulling on it lately, don't really feel like dating but not closed off to it either. I just figure fuck it, I sure as shit ain't looking for it nor going for some of the opportunities I could take but hey, never know what may come. I'm a simple dude, I just take shit day by day man

months?
rookie-numbers.gif
It was probably longer but it didn't feel as bad after a few months.

From a certain angle...I could argue that as a child of divorce, I have been scared of being in love, period. Not to say I've never been in relationships, but my trust isn't earned easily - and it can be lost very quickly.

Now, I think what's happening is that I'm trying to figure out where I fit in to the system, and I don't think I do. Or rather, that conclusion is what I'm afraid of more than simply "loving again." Like...I cannot find the middle ground. For instance: once you get out of high school, the world opens up to you. You have to work unless you come from money, but there is nothing dictating to you what job you must do. You can go to school and become a physicist, be a cop, work construction, whatever. Up to you - you decide the specifics of what works for you.

With relationships though: for most people, regardless of their unique personality types or interests, it's the same exact system and progression. Date -> cohabitate -> marriage -> children. Why does everyone have to fit in to that? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but it seems like it's either that, be alone, or have some werido polyamorous situation. (Don't get me started on one night stands. Not interested, it just isn't "me".) There's nobody who wants to just "be" without getting the church or state involved? It's difficult to find.

My last relationship was pretty hard on me. I dated a woman with cancer and it didn't end up with a happy ending. On a good note, I started posting a lot more again in 2022.

I had a couple of serious relationships before I met the current Mrs Yin where I was heart broken when it ended, but I always got straight back on that horse...or dog in some cases

I think the whole being scared to love again is a strange concept. So what are you gonna stay single and shag around until you are too old and ugly to pull anything over a 3? Or basically shack up with a house maid?

Bugger that. Lifes too short and the worlds too big to believe there is only one soul mate.

22 and still a virgin - doesn't really bother me at the moment, but I do think there will be an expectation that I should have had sex by now in the next few years from women.

I've had 2 or 3 girls interested in me but I'm not attracted to them - and I can't bring myself to use someone for sex just to get my rocks off.

I've given up which is kinda sad.

I just see that relationships (healthy ones) take work, and at my age (approaching 50) the dating pool is depressing.

I justify it by telling myself I have alot to lose financially, but to be honest I enjoy not being accountable and just doing my own thing.

99 problems and all that

Reactions: Zer
I've given up which is kinda sad.

I just see that relationships (healthy ones) take work, and at my age (approaching 50) the dating pool is depressing.

I justify it by telling myself I have alot to lose financially, but to be honest I enjoy not being accountable and just doing my own thing.

99 problems and all that

Hookers and cocaine until heart stops

This girl I dated in 2012 really broke me.

Then met another girl in 2015 and we married after 6 months of dating, which ended in complete disaster.

Ive been alone for a while now, and while it does suck sometimes, maybe it’s better this way.

This girl I dated in 2012 really broke me.

Then met another girl in 2015 and we married after 6 months of dating, which ended in complete disaster.

Ive been alone for a while now, and while it does suck sometimes, maybe it’s better this way.
I’ve been alone for 2 years and a half recently , not that bad I would say , I did not had any anxiety or stresse bc of a potential relationship , recently I’ve got attached to a girl and things finally didn’t end that good , sadly and got back on the anxiety scene , wasn’t missing that at all. Better stay alone mate than stressing over something you have no power.

Back