Sinestro vs Magneto, again in Detroit so Mags has plenty of metal lying around

Close but Mags has the better feats. Still though, fun thread idea. At least you didn't pick someone with a character shield.

P.S. Apocalypse is a pretty big jobber when you really get down to it, not a huge feat in defeating him.

Should have a poll. Interesting matchup, I think Magneto would take this.

Sinestro stomps but most people here have propably never heard of him so they go with the character they know...

P.S. Apocalypse is a pretty big jobber when you really get down to it, not a huge feat in defeating him.

Yeah, he once lost to a table.

How many rings does Sinestro have?

Sinestro stomps but most people here have propably never heard of him so they go with the character they know...

I'm open (as are many people in Mayberry); feel free to try and post a compelling argument instead of dismissing whatever doesn't match your opinion.

Big Sinestro fan but Magneto's highest feats verge on reality warping...

Yeah, he once lost to a table.

How many rings does Sinestro have?

Probably just one?

For what it's worth I think Bedovian would oneshot Magneto from across the galaxy. You probably need a character shield to block Bedovian, lol.

BNBedovian.jpg

Bedovian's the highlight of SCW for me. So awesome.

Last edited:
I never really read comics as a kid (although I loved the tv series), but was always curious as to why comic book writers made mutants/super heroes that are invincible/have limitless power.

From reading this thread (and a couple of others) , I have found out that Magneto can control gravitational fields around planets, The Incredible Hulk only gets stronger the more you hurt him and Phoenix is basically unstoppable.

Doesn't that take alot of fun out of conflicts with other mutants? If Magneto shows up, does it basically mean an automatic win? Or alternatively, what happens when two invincible characters face off?

Genuinely curious as to what the outcomes of these would be.

Probably just one?

For what it's worth I think Bedovian would oneshot Magneto from across the galaxy. You probably need a character shield to block Bedovian, lol.

BNBedovian.jpg

He is a friggin c0ckroach

Probably just one?

BNBedovian.jpg

Is that from Sinestro Wars? I remember that scene but cannot pin point it.

Props to TS for actually coming up with an original versus though.

And Brampton_Boy, it all depends on the writer. Most obvious example IMO is what writers do with superman. Compare his strength in Allstar superman to previous renditions. Although I know that was part of the story line.

I never really read comics as a kid (although I loved the tv series), but was always curious as to why comic book writers made mutants/super heroes that are invincible/have limitless power.

From reading this thread (and a couple of others) , I have found out that Magneto can control gravitational fields around planets, The Incredible Hulk only gets stronger the more you hurt him and Phoenix is basically unstoppable.

Doesn't that take alot of fun out of conflicts with other mutants? If Magneto shows up, does it basically mean an automatic win? Or alternatively, what happens when two invincible characters face off?

Genuinely curious as to what the outcomes of these would be.

They are all human, and that is their weakness.

Magneto via electric universe theory.

Found this for a little more detail on what he can do. Going to find a Sinestro one as well.

Magneto: Is capable of manipulating magnetic forces both at the macroscopic and the microscopic levels. He is known as one of the most powerful mutants on the planet and has fought single-handedly against entire super-teams including the Avengers and the X-men.

His control over magnetic forces gives him control of metals whether they be ferrous or nonferrous. Thor's hammer Mjolnir (made from Asgardian Uru) and Captain America's shield (made of Proto-Adamantium) or Wolverine's Beta Adamantium skeleton have been affected by Magneto's powers. Only specially-designed ceramics or plastics can resist direct manipulation via his powers.

He has used his powers to manipulate and build complex machinery and can hold a large number of objects in precise patterns until he is ready to construct the device. Coupled with his genius-level intellect, he has created a wide array of technological achievements and devices.

He can manipulate magnetic fields to generate powerful electromagnetic pulses and can even manipulate photons warping light around himself becoming invisible. He can manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum so that he may generate lightning bolts, emit vast amounts of infrared radiation or even manipulate the force of gravity.

He is capable of generating electromagnetic barriers capable of resisting nuclear weapons and can exist in deep space using these fields to protect himself from radiation. He is able to propel himself at near-light speeds. He has also been able to generate wormholes to travel through space, teleporting himself and others safely.

He is able to channel his powers inward, increasing his strength, durability and reflexes. He can manipulate chemical bonds allowing him to rearrange matter (though doing this puts great strain on his powers).

He is innately resistant to all but the most powerful telepathic assaults and when he utilizes his powers, he is completely immune to telepathy, suggestion or domination-based telepathic attacks.

Probably just one?

BNBedovian.jpg

I'm glad John Stewart took his ass out. Damn camper.

The problem with these threads is that only the most ridiculous feats of a character are handpicked.It's like when Thor is supposed to have nanoreaction time in one comic and in the next he cant hit wolverine...Wildly inconsistent

Magneto probably doesn't have a weakness to golden showers..

Mags destroys Sinestro.

In reality Sinistro should just be able to grab him and kill him. In this crazy ass universe where Magneto is such an alpha ass villain he wins.

If only Magneto also possessed Colossus's power. The ability to control electromagnetism +turning your body in a giant metallic shield=Super alpha mutant. Not only would he be able to wreck shit with impunity but he also has the near invulnerability factor as well.

Back