Since when is it considered cowardly to kick downed opponents?

My question is, when did it become acceptable to jump someone 3 to 1 and brag about "kicking someone's ass". Way too many total bitches "sleepin" people think they tough.
That always cracked me up when I was a bouncer. What was funnier was when some dude would be getting destroyed in a fight, I'd manhandle the dude doing it to him, then a few weeks later I'd hear through the bar-culture grapevine how this guy I saved was bragging about kicking that dude's ass.

It's unreal.

Prisons are full of young guys who assault and GBH and kill the crap out of other people. In my experience it was never a fair fight. The victims seem to always much more vulnerable than the attacker: drunk, female, suckerpunched, outnumbered, completely unwilling to fight even to defend themselves. I guess that the attackers purposely choose a weaker victim.
How many people here have done time? How many people here have stomped someones head?

It depends on the situation. If it is somebody trying to rob me or attacking me unprovoked I'd make sure he is completely out before moving on but if it is a bar fight or something like that I'd want it to end without the other person getting seriously injured.

Fighting is cowardly.

Accepting a fight means that you are under the impression the person you intend to fight is a threat to you.

No one is a threat.

Never been in a street fight but if I was to get into one I'd prolly kick them if the fight was close and I gotta knockdowm outta no where. If I was beating that ass I'd let them up and try to knock them down until they stop.

But if I was attacked in an alleyway or some shit then I'd stomp them out no matter what

But who knows what the adrenaline would do to me. I can't imagine stomping someone's face in

If you're defending yourself from a mugging or something then all bets are off. If you're fighting for other reasons as an adult you may need to reassess yourself or the people you hang out with.

Pretty much this. I never start or pick fights. Frankly, I've got better things to do with my time. If I never throw another punch or kick outside the Academy, that's fine by me.

Since I'm a big guy who fell out the Ugly Tree and hit every branch on the way down, I don't look like an easy mark, so people rarely pick fights with me either.

But if someone forces me into a situation where I have to use violence to defend myself or someone else, I'm going to do whatever I think is necessary. As a general rule of thumb, unless the guy on the ground is out cold or has a broken limb, I'm going to consider him a potential threat. And keep hitting him until he's physically incapable of hurting me.

Make love, not war.

The idea of stomping someone into the ground is abhorrent to me, but I've never been placed in a situation where this could be tested.

Make love, not war.

The idea of stomping someone into the ground is abhorrent to me, but I've never been placed in a situation where this could be tested.

Imagine if all men and women adopted this mentality. The situation would never present itself at all, to anyone.

I've never stomped anyone

I've been in a situation where I knocked a guy down twice and he just covered up like he was done then started talking shit and went for me again.

The third time I wasn't as lenient and he stopped.

I disagree. I wish we embraced the idea with such fervor that it meant being a social pariah even to your friends if you violated it against a random enemy. I also think our laws would be a little draconian in relation to simple bar fights. You knock a dude down, you don't go after him. He gets up, you do it again. Yeah, it gives him a second chance- a seriously weakened one, but one that otherwise probably wouldn't exist. Oh well, gentleman's honor.

It's a matter of proportion and escalation. It's what Craig's father was trying to teach him in the movie Friday: the only serious lesson from that movie, and one of critical importance. "You fight with these". In his case, in that neighborhood, that meant bricks over guns. But I'll take it. Nobody gets killed. You live to fight another day. I think if all men were to abide this principle that we would be more free to behave like men: Fight Club style. But we go too far. People get killed, braindead, or seriously injured with massive medical bills. It's not okay.

Only your honor should be at stake. Not your life. But yeah, it's laughable when old timers try to lecture us on how "violent" we've become. It's like, "STFU old man. Go read a book about US Naval History. They actually had to outlaw gun duels because too many officers were dying in petty feuds in their personal lives."

Pretty much this. I mean, if someone pulled a knife on me or maybe went after my family maybe I wouldn't stop. Other than that tho I'd figure I did enough if I knocked him down/out.

if i get the upperhand in a fight i have no fucking mercy.
i can't remember just stopping on my own accord.

I KO'd a kid talking shit and then running soccer kicked him

i beat the shit out of some other kid and when he was on the ground i stuck my hand out like i was going to help him up
AND he actually took it. then he got a nice kick in the ribs for that.

fighting is like crack for me. you don't do it and forget about it. then one day there is some chance violence and you are like this is fucking great. i feel alive.

'naw mean?

most of my fights go like this

You sound like a real piece of shit.

if i get the upperhand in a fight i have no fucking mercy.
i can't remember just stopping on my own accord.

I KO'd a kid talking shit and then running soccer kicked him

i beat the shit out of some other kid and when he was on the ground i stuck my hand out like i was going to help him up
AND he actually took it. then he got a nice kick in the ribs for that.

fighting is like crack for me. you don't do it and forget about it. then one day there is some chance violence and you are like this is fucking great. i feel alive.

'naw mean?

most of my fights go like this

You should probably be locked up.

Entirely situational.

This. It depends on the circumstances. If you catch a burglar in your house then the ass whooping should continue until he's knocked out, crippled, dead or a combination of the three.

Back