Since when is it considered cowardly to kick downed opponents?

liquidfire

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If its one thing anyone should learn, is that you keep hitting your opponents until they stop moving. For all those people that say you should stop fighting once your opponent goes down, they've never been in a real fight before.

Why would you give your opponent a chance to get up and hit you from behind when you can settle it permanently while they are down by hurting them enough that they won't want to fight you again.

I can't post street fight videos but there's some good examples from movies such as ender's game

[YT]UPJEgfD1o7I[/YT]

Enders game teaches people common sense, you should keep attacking your enemy until they can't move.

I think there was a brief moment in history when if two men were fighting they would fight one another, no weapons, when the fight was over it was over....maybe that time is a myth, but whether it was a myth or not, it clearly does not exist now. If I was in a situation where I absolutely felt I had to fight to survive, better believe I'd keep going until I felt certain my opponent was no longer going to attack me, or at least until I could safely get away.

I personally let the guy get back up, until he can't anymore. That's when the fight is over. More poetic. Like an old Clint Eastwood movie, where he was a street fighter. Every which way but loose. You clock the guy. He goes down. He either gets up or he doesn't. He gets up, you knock him down again. Whoever doesn't get back up, loses. That is how real men fight. That's how the Jem'Hadar fight too. Worf always got back up though, so the Jem yielded.

Don't forget to drop a few knees as well, from the North/South position.

I always go for the kick to the head first, then the head stomp next. If they keep moving, keep kicking.

I guess there is a difference between getting in a fight and getting attacked. See, I don't get in fights. There is never a situation where I would agree to fight someone. But if for some reason I was all oldschooly and was like, "Say buddy, I challenge you to a one on one fisticuffs" and he accepted, then if he fell down I wouldn't attack him. But the only way I would ever be in a fight is if some guy attacked me, in which case if he hits the ground, I would probably stomp him and make sure he doesn't get back up.

Since the age of fucking chivalry.

If you're defending yourself from a mugging or something then all bets are off. If you're fighting for other reasons as an adult you may need to reassess yourself or the people you hang out with.

I've been in a lot of fights and I've personally always followed the gentleman's rule of never kick a man while he's down. But I've rarely been afforded the same generosity.

Most 'fighters' are cowards, save the fact they are 'brave' enough to hurt someone.

I personally let the guy get back up, until he can't anymore. That's when the fight is over. More poetic. Like an old Clint Eastwood movie, where he was a street fighter. Every which way but loose. You clock the guy. He goes down. He either gets up or he doesn't. He gets up, you knock him down again. Whoever doesn't get back up, loses. That is how real men fight. That's how the Jem'Hadar fight too. Worf always got back up though, so the Jem yielded.
nice star treck reference.

if i get the upperhand in a fight i have no fucking mercy.
i can't remember just stopping on my own accord.

I KO'd a kid talking shit and then running soccer kicked him

i beat the shit out of some other kid and when he was on the ground i stuck my hand out like i was going to help him up
AND he actually took it. then he got a nice kick in the ribs for that.

fighting is like crack for me. you don't do it and forget about it. then one day there is some chance violence and you are like this is fucking great. i feel alive.

'naw mean?

most of my fights go like this

it can be the difference between an assault charge and an attempted murder charge

if i get the upperhand in a fight i have no fucking mercy.
i can't remember just stopping on my own accord.

I KO'd a kid talking shit and then running soccer kicked him

i beat the shit out of some other kid and when he was on the ground i stuck my hand out like i was going to help him up
AND he actually took it. then he got a nice kick in the ribs for that.

fighting is like crack for me. you don't do it and forget about it. then one day there is some chance violence and you are like this is fucking great. i feel alive.

'naw mean?

most of my fights go like this

Yeah there's nothing poetic about your inner Warrior.

That's not justifiable violence. It's under the category of psychopath.

I disagree. I wish we embraced the idea with such fervor that it meant being a social pariah even to your friends if you violated it against a random enemy. I also think our laws would be a little draconian in relation to simple bar fights. You knock a dude down, you don't go after him. He gets up, you do it again. Yeah, it gives him a second chance- a seriously weakened one, but one that otherwise probably wouldn't exist. Oh well, gentleman's honor.

It's a matter of proportion and escalation. It's what Craig's father was trying to teach him in the movie Friday: the only serious lesson from that movie, and one of critical importance. "You fight with these". In his case, in that neighborhood, that meant bricks over guns. But I'll take it. Nobody gets killed. You live to fight another day. I think if all men were to abide this principle that we would be more free to behave like men: Fight Club style. But we go too far. People get killed, braindead, or seriously injured with massive medical bills. It's not okay.

Only your honor should be at stake. Not your life. But yeah, it's laughable when old timers try to lecture us on how "violent" we've become. It's like, "STFU old man. Go read a book about US Naval History. They actually had to outlaw gun duels because too many officers were dying in petty feuds in their personal lives."

If it is seriously a matter of self defense, I have no issue with it. But I am a believer in a fair fight.

My question is, when did it become acceptable to jump someone 3 to 1 and brag about "kicking someone's ass". Way too many total bitches "sleepin" people think they tough.

If you knock someone down everyone that is watching starts counting to 30. One to thirty. If your opponent does not get up the fight is over.

If someone attacked me i would do anything to fight and escape the situation. I try to avoid fighting.

Gannon cheated when he guillotined Ferguson.

Since the time you didn't want to murder someone/put them in a coma.

Back