Since letting go of their movement coach they have never been the same

Conor has been doing this kind of training since forever, well before Ido Portal.

SGB is all on the "movement" thing, probably Kavanagh is the one that put Conor into capoeira and at some point they got Ido Portal in.
Same story for Gunnar Nelson, he was into fluid movement since day 1.

giphy.gif

Your boy Condit is also on the "movement" bandwagon, you should know that.

Don't hate Conor for making this kind of training more popular in the fighting world.

I did know that. It was stupid when he did it too

Furthermore my post was about his fanboys, not him. You a Conor nuthugger? Is that why you’re upset?

I've said this for a while now, Conor should have hired The Marinovichs for S&C. I guess it benefitted him working with Portal, but the money could have been used for proper training.

This is called capoeira....and yes it does have its uses in MMA. A lot of fighters warm up with it - it's hardly a connor mcgregor thing or an mma trend.

I know this Portal guy doesn't exactly teach capoeira, but you would get the same benefits from training in capoeira plus maybe learn some gimmicky kicks.

I've always been pro movement training. How can being able to move better not be good??

That stuff still makes Tony formidable. Everyone should train that shit. I believe Conor still uses him,no? Hes just not shown so much anymore?

This is called capoeira....and yes it does have its uses in MMA. A lot of fighters warm up with it - it's hardly a connor mcgregor thing or an mma trend.

I know this Portal guy doesn't exactly teach capoeira, but you would get the same benefits from training in capoeira plus maybe learn some gimmicky kicks.
It's not exactly the same,but there are similarities.

What a weird waste of precious training hours.
I dont think so. It's a great warm up. Think of it like yoga/stretching. I'm sure they ain't doing it in place of sparring. Come on man. Get a Brian moran

Edit: myths aside, Rickson used to do something similar. Prolly still does.

Back