Relationship Since HoD, I've Been Rewatching GoT...

He has a couple characters and thats it. A feast for crows was great but the rest was filler.

Rothfuss is a writer. Take away tyrion and there is nothing but a run of the mill fantasy book.

i feel bad for you if youve read ‘plenty of fantasy’ and you cant see that lol. Theres nothing extraordinary about martin. It happened to get picked up because theres a lot of tits and ass. Just like the witcher, another show that was a terribly overrated Book
The Witcher also has the games. And the third game was amazing, better than the books easily. The books were not bad, but they did drag and were really nothing too special. The short stories in the first books were better than the main story.

A book I think is absolutly massively overrated is the Kingkiller Chronicles. It started good but became a drag to read less than a third through, and it didn't get any better. Martins first 3 books were good regardless of what you think, he just didn't seem to know where to go after.

The Witcher also has the games. And the third game was amazing, better than the books easily. The books were not bad, but they did drag and were really nothing too special. The short stories in the first books were better than the main story.

A book I think is absolutly massively overrated is the Kingkiller Chronicles. It started good but became a drag to read less than a third through, and it didn't get any better. Martins first 3 books were good regardless of what you think, he just didn't seem to know where to go after.

The story in the kingkiller chronicles isnt anything over the top, i do think that PR is currently the best writer in the genre. Well, when he chooses to write anyways.

A storm of swords was fantastic, the others were decent. Regardless of what you say

Though, ‘good’ isnt all that unreasonable i guess. A few were nothing but filler, and the series isnt even top 5 in the genre imo

The story in the kingkiller chronicles isnt anything over the top, i do think that PR is currently the best writer in the genre. Well, when he chooses to write anyways.

A storm of swords was fantastic, the others were decent. Regardless of what you say
I just really didn't like PRs pacing and characters, the main character was boring as hell and a super prodigy at the same time, and the pacing bored me to death. His prose was good. Decent overall plot. I haven't read his other stuff though.

I just really didn't like PRs pacing and characters, the main character was boring as hell and a super prodigy at the same time, and the pacing bored me to death. His prose was good. Decent overall plot. I haven't read his other stuff though.

I like kvothe, i think bast is going to bust loose in book 3. Im not sure how hes going to finish it in 3 books tbh

I glanced at taht short story he wrote, i wouldnt make any special trips to pick it up

lol season 8 is not overhated, it was beyond terrible. And the problem wasn't the ending of the characters but the build up to it.

King Bran
Jon leaving to go be the king of the wildings pretty much
Independent north
dany mad queen

will all happen in the books but the path to those conclusions will be drastically different

I'm not Brandon Stark....oh shit, I get to be king?! FUCK yeah I'm Bradon Stark...don't even like ravens , bro

No seeing it at all. Fully enjoyed Season 7 and most of 8. The turning point was when the bells tolled in King's Landing during the attack and Denarys went 'Mad Queen' which was totally out of character. The best seasons by far were 1-4 though.

If you think that was out of character for her I don't know what you were paying attention to but you missed 8 seasons of building to that moment. If you didn't know what she really was by the time she burned Sam's family you should probably just watch cartoons

If you think that was out of character for her I don't know what you were paying attention to but you missed 8 seasons of building to that moment. If you didn't know what she really was by the time she burned Sam's family you should probably just watch cartoons

Her going Full Crazy Targ was fine and I saw it coming, but ringing bells being the final trigger was pretty stupid. A brief flashback of all the shit she went through mightve saved it...

FFS she watched her dragons get killed, her BFFF get decapitated and she got rejected by her man....the Bells being the trigger is a stretch.

Her going Full Crazy Targ was fine and I saw it coming, but ringing bells being the final trigger was pretty stupid. A brief flashback of all the shit she went through mightve saved it...

FFS she watched her dragons get killed, her BFFF get decapitated and she got rejected by her man....the Bells being the trigger is a stretch.

The bells didn't make her crazy

The fact that she didn't want peace and new it at that exact second makes a ton of sense. But I agree it was executed poorly. That's my problem with that whole last season. The shit that happened all made sense but was just rushed and had no impact.

The fact that she didn't want peace and new it at that exact second makes a ton of sense. But I agree it was executed poorly. That's my problem with that whole last season. The shit that happened all made sense but was just rushed and had no impact.

100% this. Waiting two years for 6 fucking episodes to wrap up what had been up to that point a sprawling epic....

Could've worked with competent writers....D&D were not.

100% this. Waiting two years for 6 fucking episodes to wrap up what had been up to that point a sprawling epic....

Could've worked with competent writers....D&D were not.

I do think it plays a little better without the 2 year wait when you binge the whole thing. But being able to see the what could have been hurts. I think pod singing while everyone prepares to die was the only moment that felt right the whole season.

They were trying to build up to her having a mental break for like two episodes. It was super rushed and ended up just being corny imo. Bran popping up at the end after having done essentially nothing to be like I'm king now was also beyond corny.

But neither of those was as egregious as the whole white walker thing being basically a non threat at the end of the day. "Winter is coming" for 8 seasons and then it just blows over in one episode.

Not even have her hesitate. Just have her completely ignore the bells when she is on her little rampage. Not even acknowledge the surrender. Just have her go straight rage from the get go in that attack. Also have her go for the castle just a little sooner, then back to the city.

I do think it plays a little better without the 2 year wait when you binge the whole thing. But being able to see the what could have been hurts. I think pod singing while everyone prepares to die was the only moment that felt right the whole season.
Episode 2 was a good episode. You really felt the buildup to the episode 3 battle.

They were trying to build up to her having a mental break for like two episodes. It was super rushed and ended up just being corny imo. Bran popping up at the end after having done essentially nothing to be like I'm king now was also beyond corny.

But neither of those was as egregious as the whole white walker thing being basically a non threat at the end of the day. "Winter is coming" for 8 seasons and then it just blows over in one episode.

Bran being king at the end and just being like, well, this is great for the realm now was real bad because Weiss and Benioff didn’t give him much to do. Other than getting marked for death by Frost Maul, getting Hodor killed, and then dissing Meera Reed, we didn’t see a whole lot of the ramifications of his Jedi training either.

Also accepting the throne when Tyrion hypes him up with a coy “why do you think I traveled all this way” reminded me of that classic Simpsons monorail episode when Leonard Nimoy goes “well my work here is done.” And Barney replies “what do you mean, you didn’t do anything.”

Nimoy chuckles to himself and rhetorically asks “Didn’t I?” and disappears.

I absolutely hate how they threw out his entire character by the end. Like just tossed him away like cannon fodder. I guess that's the point and me trying to be the optimist was expecting at least him to take someone important out when he left this mortal coil.

No fuckin way, the plot kept moving with no substance to get to some plot point and logic be damned... go read theon chapters on dance of the dragons, now that shit is a true rendemption arc (a start of one), some of the best shit martin wrote.

Back