Since Anderson has left, MW division is a joke

You say you're not comparing their reigns and now you want to travel back in time ? Anderson beat the best of the division AT THAT TIME. He lost to Bisping at 40 fucking years old. You're mixing everything.

The denial of Anderson's haters is almost as strong as the one of Anderson's nutthuggers that believed his lost against Weidman was a fluke. At least i'm on either side.

im not a nuthugger or a hater. I think anderson was a great champion. I dont think that just cos he lost the belt means that MW sucks now or is less than,when he was on top. There are more top players now.

you are pathetic

hendo is one of the biggest legends in the sport, whereas conor is basically a social media star and underwear model

hendo has been in some of the most epic fights of all time and landed some of the most spectacular and iconic knockouts.

conors biggest achievement was his social media meltdown where he acted like an emo pussy and got himself removed from ufc 200

What about knocking out the one of the greatest P4P fighters and FW GOAT in 13 seconds, winning the Featherweight belt? God you Conor haters are pathetic.

Come on! You can do better!

Haters are just silly. Your fucking weidman almost got killed by Vitor, if ol' Belford won't have gassed out, he would make your weidman shameful.

Even ol' Lyoto almost defeated weidman, the problem being his slow start.

Weidman is just hype and got manhandled by a average guy in the person of Lucky Rockhold.
Come on! You can do better!

Haters are just silly. Your fucking weidman almost got killed by Vitor, if ol' Belford won't have gassed out, he would make your weidman shameful.

Even ol' Lyoto almost defeated weidman, the problem being his slow start.

Weidman is just hype and got manhandled by a average guy in the person of Lucky Rockhold.

And Andy got manhandled by Chris. So what does that make Silva?

Silva had losses to cans like Chonan in his prime. Wiedmans one and only loss thus far is former Strike Force and UFC champ Luke Rockhold.

Weidman did not face Romero, Jacare, Bisping, Mousasi. He lost to Rockhold. So yeah i guess he defended his belt 3 times but did he beat the best guys ? No.

Anderson beat the best in there at the time, and even went up a weight class. So he did the job.

The best at the time was lacking. Anderson isnt beating that list of guys you named either.

I could tell by his 10 stack of consecutive title defenses followed by losing to a guy who defended the belt ZERO times.

Legendary, MW GOAT 4 Reelz.
Defended it 3 times. Smashed your hero 2 times.

because bisping of course was as good as he was then as he is now. And how is Vitor doing now?

Victor not doing well and Bisping is champ.

But my point remains, Andy beat badasses. And TRT Belfort and Hendo were badasses.

The division is weaker now? Is that a joke? Way to rewrite history.

Silva had to defend his belt against Cote, Okami, James Irvin and Travis Lutter. Does it sound like a stacked division? Even somewhat good fighters like Marquardt and Maia have trouble against real competition at WW. They can't get to a championship fight at WW, but could at MW...

How was MW a strong division?

It was such a bad division, that Silva only had to win 2 fights in a row to get a championship fight. 2 whole fights, 1 against Tony Fryklund who came into the fight with 2 losses in a row.

And Andy got manhandled by Chris. So what does that make Silva?

Silva had losses to cans like Chonan in his prime. Wiedmans one and only loss thus far is former Strike Force and UFC champ Luke Rockhold.

Talk with me when your Fluke Weidman have at least forty fights in his career!

Lol wut? Its a far deeper division than when Andy was in his prime smashing ace ventura and Damien maia..

An exciting and interesting mess, yes. A joke, gtfo no!

Anderson had some great wins (Franklin, Hendo, Vitor), and some good wins (Marquardt, Chael, Okami) mixed in with a lot of forgettable fights (Lutter, Cote, Leites, Maia), but the division was never as solid as it is now with Romero, Jacare, Weidman, and Rockhold. Anderson, even at his best, couldn't get through those four fights without losing.

Anderson did not leave, he got finished. Twice. And then beat by Bisping.

the title makes it sound like Anderson left of his own free will.

An exciting and interesting mess, yes. A joke, gtfo no!

Anderson had some great wins (Franklin, Hendo, Vitor), and some good wins (Marquardt, Chael, Okami) mixed in with a lot of forgettable fights (Lutter, Cote, Leites, Maia), but the division was never as solid as it is now with Romero, Jacare, Weidman, and Rockhold. Anderson, even at his best, couldn't get through those four fights without losing.

How do you know that ? Do you have a time machine ? You do realize they belong to different periods in UFC evolution right ?

Some don't know how to read a thread. I never said the level of competition was weaker than before. It really shows how many of you post without reading anything.

I only said that without a clear ruler, the belt was changing hands and we now have Bisping as a champ and Hendo as a top contender. Romero is coming from a suspension so he's not getting the title shot yet, and Jacare got completely facked by the UFC.

Luke and Weidman are unlucky : one has lost in belt in strange fashion, the other one can't shake his injuries off.

The actual situation is a joke in a way that we have a complete bullshit title shot coming soon

Back