Since Anderson has left, MW division is a joke

I disagree. He beat aging Anderson, Belfort and Machida. The fight with the dragon was even quite competitive.
Weidman and Rockhold's gas tank were suspicious, in a fight where they both looked really sloppy.

You're comparing his reign to Anderson's. How funny. Anderson had a 16 fights win streak and defended his belt 10 consecutive times. He beat a prime Hendo, a better Belfort, Sonnen, Franklin, Maia. And i'm not talking about his fights in LHW.

Whether you think Weidman is better or would have beat them all had he been champ at that time, that's one thing. Maybe he could have done it if he was not so proned to injuries. I could not have imagined him keeping his belt for 10 consecutive fights. The reality is that he only defended it three times. Against declining fighters.

Hendo was 38 or 39 when he fought Silva. Lol at that being prime. Wiedman already beat a far better version of Maia on very short notice after a terrible weight cut. Silvas reign was against mostly journeyman.

Anderson didn't leave.

He was knocked off the throne by Weidman.

It is a fucking joke. Some 46 year old grandpa who nobody gives a fuck about gets the shot over Jacare. Its not like Henderson is anywhere near as popular as McGregor, which would make it easier to understand him getting a titleshot.

that nobody gives a fuck about? lol please go away hendo is one of the greatest legends in mma history

Hendo was 38 or 39 when he fought Silva. Lol at that being prime. Wiedman already beat a far better version of Maia on very short notice after a terrible weight cut. Silvas reign was against mostly journeyman.

He was not yet 38 :) But seriously, he went on a 7-1 fight record after Anderson, including a win over HW Fedor. Isn't it the prime time of his career ? It's not about age, it's about mileage. And i don't know how but he aged pretty well ;)

Completely disagree. The Hendo that Silva beat and the Vitor that Silva beat are better than all of those 3 you mentioned. In fact the TRTVitor poleaxed 2 of them and Hendo highlight reel murdered Bisping.

Let's not get carried away with Weidman getting a fluke and half against an ageing Silva as a huge feat because it wasn't.

Lol a fluke and a half. Weidman was thoroughly winning way before the "fluke" happened. He is better than Silva. Just deal with it.

He was not yet 38 :) But seriously, he went on a 7-1 fight record after Anderson, including a win over HW Fedor. Isn't it the prime time of his career ? It's not about age, it's about mileage. And i don't know how but he aged pretty well ;)

Silva and Hendo both aged well until trt was banned and random testing began. Funny, huh? Silva might still be winning it if werent for USADA.

And are you saying Hendo has less mileage then Anderson? Because that isn't true. He has just as much or more likely more mileage.

Thanks to we know what :D

Think of the possibility that an at the bottom of the hill Hendo could potentially retire as UFC MW Champion, OC I think Bisping will get his redemption, but this place would explode if Hendo got the strap even if it was only for 2 minutes and just to announce his retirement from the sport.

This place would start seeing Hendo GOAT threads immediately...lol

It is a fucking joke. Some 46 year old grandpa who nobody gives a fuck about gets the shot over Jacare. Its not like Henderson is anywhere near as popular as McGregor, which would make it easier to understand him getting a titleshot.

you are pathetic

hendo is one of the biggest legends in the sport, whereas conor is basically a social media star and underwear model

hendo has been in some of the most epic fights of all time and landed some of the most spectacular and iconic knockouts.

conors biggest achievement was his social media meltdown where he acted like an emo pussy and got himself removed from ufc 200

A shark tank on top of which Bisping is the champ and Hendo the contender... Rockhold is injured, Weidman is injured, Romero is coming back from suspension.. A pretty much wild division indeed

Could you list the pros of the fight? I'll list the cons right after.
Sure.

Pros:

1) Hendo has been with the company forever, putting his health on the line for years.

2) So has Bisping. He has always stepped up and put the work in. Even gave his eye for the sport.

3) Hendo has a win over the current champion.

4) Hendo is close to retirement even if he wants it or not. In Mike's current position it would be highly unlikely Hendo could work his way up to him, and give Mike a shot at redemption.

5) Hendo has one of the most iconic finishes of all time on Bisping. Through years of service to the fans, Michael deserves a shot at redemption.

6) It's very marketable.

7) If Hendo were to win it would be the perfect ending to his career, and it would make for a pretty sweet movie.

8) If Bisping were to win, he'd get his payback under perfect circumstances. Holding the belt he has worked 10 years to get, even after being brutally flatlined years in the past. That would make for a pretty cool fucking movie too.

9) They are both coming off of impressive KO victories over opponents that no one thought they could beat.

10) They both want the fight, so does long time fans of the sport.

11) Jacare can wait. Luke is not getting the rematch, he's getting Weidman.

12) If Machida hadn't cheated, Hendo could've been much higher ranked by now. He did his work for that fight and got screwed.

13) Regardless of the outcome, Jacare will be champ by 2017. And everybody who has paid attention to the sport knows this. So why not give us a fight between these to long-time warriors before we let Jacare have his moment?

He had a fantastic strategy of waiting until your opponent is trying to get his mouth piece and then blast them!

Anderson is all about seizing opportunities. If you give him one, you're gonna have a bad time.

Last edited:
I disagree. He beat aging Anderson, Belfort and Machida. The fight with the dragon was even quite competitive.
Weidman and Rockhold's gas tank were suspicious, in a fight where they both looked really sloppy.

You're comparing his reign to Anderson's. How funny. Anderson had a 16 fights win streak and defended his belt 10 consecutive times. He beat a prime Hendo, a better Belfort, Sonnen, Franklin, Maia. And i'm not talking about his fights in LHW.

Whether you think Weidman is better or would have beat them all had he been champ at that time, that's one thing. Maybe he could have done it if he was not so proned to injuries. I could not have imagined him keeping his belt for 10 consecutive fights. The reality is that he only defended it three times. Against declining fighters.

I dont compare their reigns. I am saying that the division is more interesting BECAUSE its competitive. Weidman Rockhold and Bisping present new challenges that are alot more interesting that whoever Anderson faced in the past.Also i dont make any excuses for anderson being dominated by a better fighter.

Don't forget TRT Victor and TRT Henderson.

Both already murked 2 dudes on your list of present top MWs.

because bisping of course was as good as he was then as he is now. And how is Vitor doing now?

Back