SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR Thread

Great news that Josh Brolin is in it.

Such a better actor than Clive Owen.

Replace him with Michael Rooker!!!

copy-of-michael-rooker-twdjpg-6596de03a8c89c2f.jpg

Does Marv have AIDS in this movie?

I've been waiting to see Chung nude since The Real World. I don't expect Sin City 2 to answer my prayer, I just wanted to share that.

I don't know about that. I think Clive is pretty damn good in just about everything he does.

He was a weird choice for Sin City. I could never take him serious as a "badass." Then he crushes Shoot em Up, and is fantasmic in Children of Men (which is more his style, cynic/smoking/weaker dude).

Edit: I can't remember at all a "rollerskate chick," from the first flick.

One of the hookers?

She's not a prostitute, she protects the prostitutes

She's like All-State for hookers; "like a good Asian, Miko is there" BAM

I don't know about that. I think Clive is pretty damn good in just about everything he does.
I also prefer Clive Owen over Brolin as Dwight. But doesn't this film's Dwight have a different face than in the first movie?

Update: January 18, 2013

Ray Liotta, Juno Temple and Jeremy Piven Join SIN CITY Sequel

Sin-City-Liotta-Temple-Piven-Dragonlord.jpg

2013 could prove to be the year of Robert Rodriguez. The prolific filmmaker has always been uber-productive, but this year, we'll get a double dose: he'll have two films hit theaters within two months of each other. The first, Machete Kills will land in theaters on September 13th via Open Road and and then four weeks later, Dimension Films' Sin City: A Dame To Kill For will follow. And with cameras rolling on the highly anticipated followup to Sin City, three more actors have joined the cast.

Sources close to the production have confirmed to The Playlist that Ray Liotta (Goodfellas), Juno Temple (Killer Joe) and Jeremy Piven (Entourage) have all come on board the picture. Details on their characters are being kept under wraps for now, but the trio join some very good company.

A Dame To Kill For is chalk full of talent including original cast members Mickey Rourke as Marv, Jessica Alba as Nancy, Rosario Dawson as Gail and Jaime King as Goldie/Wendy and newcomers to the fold Josh Brolin as Dwight, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Johnny, Dennis Haysbert as Manute (replacing the late Michael Clarke Duncan) and Jamie Chung as Miho. Production is already underway at Rodriguez’s always busy Troublemaker Studios in Austin, Texas.

Ray Liotta, Juno Temple and Jeremy Piven Join SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR

I also prefer Clive Owen over Brolin as Dwight. But doesn't this film's Dwight have a different face than in the first movie?

Yes, but the final scenes he has the first movie's face. It would be funny if Owen cameo'd in those.

Damn,now they have Liotta and Piven? Talk about an awesome ensemble of badassery

Update: January 20, 2013

Bruce Willis Confirmed to Return in SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR

Bruce-Willis-Sin-City-2-Dragonlord.jpg

In an interview with MTV News at the Sundance Film Festival, director Robert Rodriguez talks about his upcoming Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, the highly-anticipated sequel to the popular 2005 comic book adaptation. Rodriguez confirms that Bruce Willis will be back as Hartigan in Sin City 2. As for who will play the 'Dame' (Ava Lord), the director says they have some choices in mind but they haven't finalized anything as that character doesn't shoot for a couple of weeks. He also remains coy on who Juno Temple, Ray Liotta and Jeremy Piven are playing. Rodriguez added:

"The only story we've shot is the intro story, that's completely done. The other ones we've just sort of been piecemealing, shooting as the actors become available. All three stories have a little bit of footage to be shot".

"[Jospeh Gordon-Levitt] plays a gambler. A very cocky gambler that comes in and tries to beat the biggest villain in Sin City at his own game. The story is called 'The Long Bad Night', he beats the wrong guy at a game... bad stuff happens to him".

Bruce Willis Confirmed to Return as Hartigan in SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR

Confession time: I've never read any of the Sin City stuff.

Confession: I know you hate Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters. And I know there's a strong chance it will be bad. But I think it could be fun.

Confession: Can only handle Piven in small doses, hope he doesn't muck up this movie.

Back